PDA

View Full Version : Wednesdays Winning Pick to Click

Daver
04-14-2004, 05:50 PM
Won the game in the ninth,plain and simple.

:crede

I hoped they scored that as 2 RBI's........

Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=2471)

sas1974
04-14-2004, 05:52 PM
I think Curtis Leskanic should get a write in vote as well. :D:

Mickster
04-14-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Daver
I hoped they scored that as 2 RBI's........

Actually, official score is a base hit, 1 run scored. :(:

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
Actually, official score is a base hit, 1 run scored. :(: That's BS, it bounced over the wall. Either way, I'll take it.

rmusacch
04-14-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
That's BS, it bounced over the wall. Either way, I'll take it.

I agree. Dave Wills was saying after the game that the official scorer called someone and they said it should only be one run. I guess it is akin to scoring a touchdown in OT and not kicking the extra point.

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
I agree. Dave Wills was saying after the game that the official scorer called someone and they said it should only be one run. I guess it is akin to scoring a touchdown in OT and not kicking the extra point. He should have called me.

dickallen15
04-14-2004, 06:29 PM
It should only be a single. I doubt Crede even ran to second base. Robin Ventura hit a game winning homer for the Mets a couple of years ago. I think the game was tied, and the runner on third scored. Ventura ran to the center of the infield to celebrate with his teammates and only got credited with a single.

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by dickallen15
It should only be a single. I doubt Crede even ran to second base. Robin Ventura hit a game winning homer for the Mets a couple of years ago. I think the game was tied, and the runner on third scored. Ventura ran to the center of the infield to celebrate with his teammates and only got credited with a single. That very well may have been the case.

voodoochile
04-14-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
I agree. Dave Wills was saying after the game that the official scorer called someone and they said it should only be one run. I guess it is akin to scoring a touchdown in OT and not kicking the extra point.

The runner actually has to reach home for tghe run to count. I doubt the guy kept running. I know that Joe never touched second base.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-14-2004, 07:16 PM
It should only be a single. I doubt Crede even ran to second base. Robin Ventura hit a game winning homer for the Mets a couple of years ago. I think the game was tied, and the runner on third scored. Ventura ran to the center of the infield to celebrate with his teammates and only got credited with a single.

Hey, when does the statute of limitations run out for Ventura and his teammates to finish circling the bases and tack on the missing runs from their victory?

:smile:

Oh, I know. Somebody on the Mets "passed" somebody else on the basepaths, an automatic out thus ending the play and the game.

:bandance:

SoxxoS
04-14-2004, 08:51 PM
All the people that gambled are the game are LIVID. Most people bet the Sox on the runline, which is -1.5 runs at the start of the game. That ruling and extra run has a big meaning to those guys...

Whitesox029
04-15-2004, 12:00 AM
getting back to crede being the winner...I would have picked Olivo if it were my choice (for the record he was not actually my pick to click) But I just feel he was the catalyst.

DrummerGeorgefan
04-15-2004, 12:16 AM
Man I thought the leftside of the Royals infield should have got the honors

NonetheLoaiza
04-15-2004, 03:30 AM

When Carlos hit that game winning grand slam against the Cubs a couple years back, they gave him the home run and 4 rbi's, didnt they?

Jjav829
04-15-2004, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by NonetheLoaiza
When Carlos hit that game winning grand slam against the Cubs a couple years back, they gave him the home run and 4 rbi's, didnt they?

Yes because it was a home run. On game winning home runs, all the runners score. On a hit like Crede's, only as many runs as are needed to win the game score. Home runs are the only exception to that. The right call was made.

voodoochile
04-15-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Yes because it was a home run. On game winning home runs, all the runners score. On a hit like Crede's, only as many runs as are needed to win the game score. Home runs are the only exception to that. The right call was made.

I wonder if this is a concession to the situation by the official scorers. I mean if it wasn't the ninth of a tied game, that ball probably falls into Juan Gone's mitt and scores one on a sac fly. Maybe they just agreed that any flyball that is conceeded because it doesn't matter is scored as a single regardless of where it actually lands.