PDA

View Full Version : Is Konerko Fools Gold?

Dadawg_77
04-14-2004, 04:02 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits?statsId=5908

OPS vs Lefties 1.600 OPS vs Righties .649

I know this is early, but this is following his career pattern. The thing is I think his hitting against Lefties will cool but his hitting when facing a righty is about right. I think it is time for the Sox to get Gload some time and see if he will make a good platoon partner with Konerko.

Chisoxfn
04-14-2004, 04:40 PM
Umm...in 2002 Konerko had a higher OPS against righties then he did lefties.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-14-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
Umm...in 2002 Konerko had a higher OPS against righties then he did lefties.

Yes, but that was before he got hip dysplasia. :smile:

It's way too early to base any decisions about 2004, so let's just wait and see. Please remember he historically has a craptacular May, too. Personally I would limit his at-bats against righties for fear of the consequences to our payroll should he reveal himself incapable of hitting them a second consecutive year. We're not running a low-budget, but equal-opportunity, lemonade stand.

:reinsy
"Well, yes we are... at least the low budget part... and the lemonade stand part, too."

ode to veeck
04-14-2004, 06:07 PM
the only 2004 decisions we can make right now are like :

Q: "are we enjoying Ozzie-Ball yet?"

A: "yep, especially after toying with KC's emotions today"

Way to go Crede!

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits?statsId=5908

OPS vs Lefties 1.600 OPS vs Righties .649

I know this is early, but this is following his career pattern. The thing is I think his hitting against Lefties will cool but his hitting when facing a righty is about right. I think it is time for the Sox to get Gload some time and see if he will make a good platoon partner with Konerko. Gload would make a good platoon partner, problem is Konerko hasn't shown he needs a platoon partner. Whether you think it's a fluke or not, we should ride it out. I personally think he's back in a big way.