PDA

View Full Version : Who Will surprise us?

StockdaleForVeep
04-14-2004, 03:00 PM
last year loiaza surprised us, year before was konerko and his mammoth numbers. Who we pickin to be our surprise sleeper of the year. Im thinkin its going to be rowand or garland who will pick it up and show us something finally. If garland doesnt, i say we amputate his cub tainted arm, teach him to throw lefty like billy wagner did

Hokiesox
04-14-2004, 03:45 PM
Olivo or Rowand.

delben91
04-14-2004, 04:57 PM
I have to go with Olivo. He's been on fire so far this season, and I don't expect him to keep this up, but I think .280 isn't an unreasonable expectation.

Baby Fisk
04-14-2004, 05:01 PM
I'll be surprised if my heart makes it to September.

...But Gazelle Crede just flashed the first sign of his future brilliance today.

RKMeibalane
04-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Olivo. I like what I've seen from him so far this season.

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Olivo. I like what I've seen from him so far this season. He has been absolutely money from both ends.

MRKARNO
04-14-2004, 06:14 PM
Well this was a pretty open ended question so I'll answer the way I want to.

Ozzie's pure stupidity surprised me today. To have someone going in the bullpen when Koch is starting the inning and then SIT THEM DOWN AS HE IS BLOWING THE LEAD? How Stupid can you get? Frank stealing in a non-steal situation? Leaving Garland in one batter too long when it was clear that he should be taken out? I didnt think Ozzie was this stupid

JRIG
04-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Well this was a pretty open ended question so I'll answer the way I want to.

Ozzie's pure stupidity surprised me today. To have someone going in the bullpen when Koch is starting the inning and then SIT THEM DOWN AS HE IS BLOWING THE LEAD? How Stupid can you get? Frank stealing in a non-steal situation? Leaving Garland in one batter too long when it was clear that he should be taken out? I didnt think Ozzie was this stupid

Careful. The Ozzie-lovers will tell you Koch should have been able to get three outs in the ninth, Thomas should have been fast enough to steal second, and Garland should have had enough stamina to get past that batter. It's not Ozzie's fault his players didn't perform what he asked them to do.