PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Game Day Thread - 4/14 Vs. KC


Pages : [1] 2

voodoochile
04-14-2004, 01:29 PM
Please use this thread for all gametime comments. When possible please use the chat room (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/chat.php?setwidth=955&setheight=450).

Go Sox!

Brian26
04-14-2004, 01:33 PM
John and Ed say it's a gorgeous day for baseball. Wish I could be there.

delben91
04-14-2004, 01:34 PM
Come on Garland, do it to those Royals.

steff
04-14-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
John and Ed say it's a gorgeous day for baseball. Wish I could be there.


Me too... stupid work :(:

Baby Fisk
04-14-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
John and Ed say it's a gorgeous day for baseball. Wish I could be there.
Me three...stupid fact that I live and work in Toronto... :(:

WSI fills the void! :)

mealfred13
04-14-2004, 01:42 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm looking for a good Koch save today. He was jerking some of those batters around yesterday, it was great! Especially that last strike out, he was really hitting his spots.

habibharu
04-14-2004, 01:54 PM
lineup: uribe, valentin, maggs, thomas, lee, PK, crede,rowand,olivo

berroa,beltran,sweeney,gonzalez,randa,harvey,santi ago,guiel,graffinino

Baby Fisk
04-14-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by habibharu
lineup: uribe, valentin, maggs, thomas, lee, PK, crede,rowand,olivo
I love these tinker-free lineups!

habibharu
04-14-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
I love these tinker-free lineups! yeah definately. uribe was solid yesterday

habibharu
04-14-2004, 01:56 PM
prediction: 6-3 sox

Mickster
04-14-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by habibharu
yeah definately. uribe was solid yesterday

Except for the dropped pop-fly in the 1st and the dropped ball in the 9th.... :D:

habibharu
04-14-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
Except for the dropped pop-fly in the 1st and the dropped ball in the 9th.... :D: i meant solid offesively mickster! :gulp: :gulp:

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Mickster
Except for the dropped pop-fly in the 1st and the dropped ball in the 9th.... :D: No harm no foul. :D: He had that pretty sweet DP though with the tag and throw out.

Mickster
04-14-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
No harm no foul. :D: He had that pretty sweet DP though with the tag and throw out.

Agree on the no harm... no foul, but at some point in the season we will all be screaming FOUL!!! Luckily, errors by Jose and Uribe can easily be forgotten in winning games. Over the long haul, though, these types of bone-headed errors could be costly and could cause us to lose some games...

Unregistered
04-14-2004, 02:10 PM
Wow, looks like a paying crowd of about 120 people are at the park today... :o:

RedPinStripes
04-14-2004, 02:11 PM
Damn, no one there today.

:KW
You guys better start showing up or no additions to this team .

Unregistered
04-14-2004, 02:11 PM
Damn, Juan Gone's last HR was July 17, 2003. That's a drought.

Rocky Soprano
04-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Top 1

Berroa grounds out to pitcher.
Beltran singles to center.
Sweeney flys out to right.
Gonzalez out on fielders choice.

Unregistered
04-14-2004, 02:13 PM
Painless first half, 0-0 Sox coming to bat...

Unregistered
04-14-2004, 02:16 PM
Uribe takes one for the team... leadoff man aboard.

RedPinStripes
04-14-2004, 02:17 PM
Uribe gets drilled and Guillen jusmp up on the top step. Wonder who Guillen is going to have plunked? It's a matter of time until this team fights with someone. Why not KC? I'd rather save it for the twins.

mike squires
04-14-2004, 02:17 PM
No tv today? In the champaign's news gazzette it said fox sports chicago but it's te cubs. are you getting it in chigago?

RedPinStripes
04-14-2004, 02:18 PM
uh......... Terrible attempt at stealling second. Base hit by Jose. .......Figures. :angry:

Unregistered
04-14-2004, 02:18 PM
And of course, Valentin hits a single right after Uribe is out BY A MILE, trying to steal second...

Unregistered
04-14-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
No tv today? In the champaign's news gazzette it said fox sports chicago but it's te cubs. are you getting it in chigago? I'm watching the Royals feed on MLB.TV

A.T. Money
04-14-2004, 02:19 PM
Should be 1st and 3rd with no outs. Oh well, now we just need to get some more hits!!

Unregistered
04-14-2004, 02:20 PM
Maggs with a weak-ass DP to end the inning.

0-0, Top 2

Rocky Soprano
04-14-2004, 02:20 PM
Bottom 1

Uribe hit by pitch
*Uribe caught stealing
Valentin singled to right
Ordonez grounds into DP.

Iguana775
04-14-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
And of course, Valentin hits a single right after Uribe is out BY A MILE, trying to steal second...

it looked like it was supposed to be a hit and run

balboner
04-14-2004, 02:28 PM
This is a pathetic crowd. No one is there!

Rocky Soprano
04-14-2004, 02:28 PM
Top 2

Randa grounds out to third.
Harvey grounds out to third.
Santiago strikes out looking.

Unregistered
04-14-2004, 02:29 PM
Garland's dealing...
a couple groundouts on good plays by Crede, and catches Santiago looking to end the inning in order.

0-0, Bottom 2

nodiggity59
04-14-2004, 02:29 PM
With regards to the crowd: Is it like yesterday where many could be on the concourse and fan deck, or is it truly like 20,000 or less?

Unregistered
04-14-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by nodiggity59
With regards to the crowd: Is it like yesterday where many could be on the concourse and fan deck, or is it truly like 20,000 or less? There is NO ONE on either side of the upper or lower deck.

nodiggity59
04-14-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
There is NO ONE on either side of the upper or lower deck.

Damn. I hate the Cubs :angry:

joecrede
04-14-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
There is NO ONE on either side of the upper or lower deck.

April game.

balboner
04-14-2004, 02:36 PM
This "aggression" on the bases has got to stop. 2 guys caught stealing in two innings is ridiculous! We're running ourselves out of innings.

Unregistered
04-14-2004, 02:36 PM
JESUS! FRANK NAILED TRYING TO STEAL SECOND! :?:

JRIG
04-14-2004, 02:36 PM
Welcome to Ozzie-ball. Running ourselves out of innings before we even have a chance to strike. Should be 1st and 2nd with one out right now.

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
JESUS! FRANK NAILED TRYING TO STEAL SECOND! :?: I like it.

Unregistered
04-14-2004, 02:37 PM
Meanwhile, Konerko walks on 4 pitches.

Rocky Soprano
04-14-2004, 02:38 PM
Bottom 2

Thomas gets walked.
Lee strikes out looking.
*Thomas caught stealing
Konerko gets walked
Crede strikes out looking.

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
Welcome to Ozzie-ball. Running ourselves out of innings before we even have a chance to strike. Should be 1st and 2nd with one out right now. Whatever, where were you when it was paying off recently. We all know we are going to be aggressive, and with that comes risk. It's a tie game. If we were down 2 or 3 runs, sending Frank would probably be stupid. Now's the time for that, put the pressure on.

JRIG
04-14-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I like it.

So far we've given away 2 of 27 outs this game. If Ozzie gets bunt happy at some point and maybe sends Paulie on a delayed steal, it may be as if we're only hitting in seven innings today.

JRIG
04-14-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Whatever, where were you when it was paying off recently. We all know we are going to be aggressive, and with that comes risk. It's a tie game. If we were down 2 or 3 runs, sending Frank would probably be stupid. Now's the time for that, put the pressure on.

Put pressure on them to throw out Frank trying to steal?? I'm pretty sure I could throw him out and I haven't been a catcher since I was 16.

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
So far we've given away 2 of 27 outs this game. If Ozzie gets bunt happy at some point and maybe sends Paulie on a delayed steal, it may be as if we're only hitting in seven innings today. Take the good with the bad. It's still a tie game.

RedPinStripes
04-14-2004, 02:41 PM
Ok. aggressive baserunning is fine , but he still FRANK THOMAS! Nice jump, but come on.

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
Put pressure on them to throw out Frank trying to steal?? I'm pretty sure I could throw him out and I haven't been a catcher since I was 16. Watch the game and have some fun, will you?

Man Soo Lee
04-14-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
No tv today? In the champaign's news gazzette it said fox sports chicago but it's te cubs. are you getting it in chigago?

It's on WGN.

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Ok. aggressive baserunning is fine , but he still FRANK THOMAS! Nice jump, but come on. With that logic, Konerko wouldn't have stolen a base.

JRIG
04-14-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Watch the game and have some fun, will you?

Agree to disagree and have some lively debate. I'm having fun!

Rocky Soprano
04-14-2004, 02:44 PM
Top 3

Guiel flys out to right
Graffanino grounds out to ss
Berroa gets walked
Beltran flys out to right

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 02:46 PM
That was a pretty nice pitch by Garland to jam Beltran like that on a 2-0 count.

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 02:47 PM
Even though that should have been caught, that was a rocket off Rowand's bat. Nice swing.

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 02:49 PM
Man I am glad he's okay.

Olivo took an acrobatic spill after slamming into Graff at first.

Nice wild pitch Rowand scores.

bennyw41
04-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Explanation??

nodiggity59
04-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Man I am glad he's okay.

What, somebody hurt?

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by nodiggity59
What, somebody hurt? No, Olivo slammed Graffinino at first and fell all crazy. Lol, like always. He's okay, he's on second now,

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 02:52 PM
2-0, Olivo scores on Uribe single to left.

sas1974
04-14-2004, 02:53 PM
Now THIS is Ozzie Ball. You have to take the good with the bad. The bad isn't going to kill us most days and the good can be VERY good.

nodiggity59
04-14-2004, 02:55 PM
I like the production from the bottom of our lineup so far this year

cheeses_h_rice
04-14-2004, 02:56 PM
What's up with the Royals fielding? 2 errors in 2 plays? Tough errors, routine...li'l help?

Rocky Soprano
04-14-2004, 02:58 PM
Bottom 3

Rowand doubles to deep center
Olivo safe at first on pitchers throwing error
*Wild pitch. Rowand Scores, Olivo to second
Uribe singles to left center. Olivo scores
Valentin lines into DP
Ordonez grounds out to SS.

sas1974
04-14-2004, 03:00 PM
Can't do much about a bang-bang line out DP, but we're letting this chump off the hook with these DPs.

rdivaldi
04-14-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
Now THIS is Ozzie Ball. You have to take the good with the bad. The bad isn't going to kill us most days and the good can be VERY good.

Amen to that. No more "station to station" baseball.

RedPinStripes
04-14-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
What's up with the Royals fielding? 2 errors in 2 plays? Tough errors, routine...li'l help?

That's the advantage of Ozzie ball. Eventhough it drives me nuts at times, it helps rattle any defense. That's what the Twins did to the Sox in the past.

RedPinStripes
04-14-2004, 03:09 PM
I wonder if the new roof is having a similar effect as the old park did. Thomas just crushed a ball that i thought was gone for sure. I've seen a few balls just die out there the last 2 days. I saw a few bombs also by KC though.

steff
04-14-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
I'm watching the Royals feed on MLB.TV


I can't get it. :angry:

Frankfan4life
04-14-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes


That's the advantage of Ozzie ball. Eventhough it drives me nuts at times, it helps rattle any defense. That's what the Twins did to the Sox in the past.

Yes, but the Twins did it right. The Sox are making a lot of base-running mistakes. But I do like the results so far.

0 KC
2 SOX

RedPinStripes
04-14-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Frankfan4life
Yes, but the Twins did it right. The Sox are making a lot of base-running mistakes. But I do like the results so far.

0 KC
2 SOX

Twins had a lot more speed then the Sox. That's the only reason it worked so well. With the jump frank had, Uribe, Jose, Maggs, Lee, Rowand, or Olivo would have made it.

JRIG
04-14-2004, 03:15 PM
I could really do without Hawk calling to "turn everyone loose" on 3-0 counts.

Take the freaking walk!

sas1974
04-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Is anyone else having trouble with/using MLB Gameday? Mine is running like crap.

bennyw41
04-14-2004, 03:18 PM
Yea, mine sucked too, i switched to espn.com, running okay, but nothing is as good as when a board member does a good recap.....speaking of......

Uncle_Patrick
04-14-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
Is anyone else having trouble with/using MLB Gameday? Mine is running like crap.


Mine is running slow, too.

sas1974
04-14-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Uncle_Patrick
Mine is running slow, too.

Did the game start yet? :D:

anoone
04-14-2004, 03:21 PM
That's why the park is empty. Everyone's using gamecasts from MLB, Yahoo, or ESPN. :D:

Rocky Soprano
04-14-2004, 03:21 PM
I use sportsline, working great.

Uncle_Patrick
04-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by sas1974


Did the game start yet? :D:


You must be using ESPN Game Cast

Rocky Soprano
04-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Olivo doubles, brings in 3 runs!

sas1974
04-14-2004, 03:23 PM
Bases-clearing 3-run double by Olivo!!

Frankfan4life
04-14-2004, 03:23 PM
Bases-clearing double! When the Sox get a break, they are making them pay!

woodenleg
04-14-2004, 03:23 PM
I'm not having any problems with gameday.

I'm mad about the attendance, but then I'm sitting here on my butt at work.

Olivo double, Sox 5-0

delben91
04-14-2004, 03:23 PM
I love 2 out RBI, way to go Miguel!!

KC 0
Sox 5

nodiggity59
04-14-2004, 03:23 PM
HELL YEAH :)

woodenleg
04-14-2004, 03:24 PM
Make that 6-0.

Rocky Soprano
04-14-2004, 03:25 PM
This is a whole new team!

Last year we would not score or only score 1 run after a 12 run outing.

Ozzie for PRESIDENTE! :gulp:

mack10zie
04-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Feelin good :D:

LASOXFAN
04-14-2004, 03:26 PM
Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or is Miguel Olivo now hitting curve balls? :smile:

anewman35
04-14-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by woodenleg
I'm mad about the attendance, but then I'm sitting here on my butt at work.


It's a shame, but not unexpected. The people who wanted to take a day off work to see a game went yesterday, and not many people can take two days off in a row...

Uncle_Patrick
04-14-2004, 03:26 PM
KC's pitching hasn't been terribly impressive this series, has it?

hold2dibber
04-14-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by woodenleg
I'm mad about the attendance, but then I'm sitting here on my butt at work.


What's up with attendance? Just that the park looks empty on tv? And if so, how empty does it look? Or have they already announced the attendance?

Frankfan4life
04-14-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Uncle_Patrick
KC's pitching hasn't been terribly impressive this series, has it?

So far, none of the KC starters have won a game. Those come-from-behind wins they've had have helped the bullpen rack-up the wins.

woodenleg
04-14-2004, 03:29 PM
I haven't heard the attendance yet - it just looks empty.

NonetheLoaiza
04-14-2004, 03:30 PM
this is why we dont normally have day games on weekdays. our fans work during the day.

sas1974
04-14-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by NonetheLoaiza
this is why we dont normally have day games on weekdays. our fans work during the day.

No one would be there at night when it was 30 degrees either.

bobj4400
04-14-2004, 03:32 PM
Farmio just opined on the matter of the White Sox leaving to go *near* Tampa Bay rather than *to* Tampa Bay b/c they will not actually be in the Bay...

Oh Farmio, your insight is never ending...

Frankfan4life
04-14-2004, 03:33 PM
0 KC
6 SOX

Top of the 5th

delben91
04-14-2004, 03:35 PM
Nice to see Jon shut them down after the Sox big inning. Don't let the Royals get anything started.

Uncle_Patrick
04-14-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Frankfan4life


So far, none of the KC starters have won a game. Those come-from-behind wins they've had have helped the bullpen rack-up the wins.


I can totally understand why they've been picked to win the division.

Tekijawa
04-14-2004, 03:36 PM
Is that really Garland out there... Or is Prior Pitching for us until Mid-May or June?

delben91
04-14-2004, 03:37 PM
:tomatoaward

RedPinStripes
04-14-2004, 03:40 PM
Gonna be a long season for the Royals with all those Lefties in their rotation.

Unregistered
04-14-2004, 03:45 PM
Went to lunch and the Sox score 6. Meanwhile, the Royals haven't had a runner get past first base all day. :smile:

Unregistered
04-14-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Went to lunch and the Sox score 6. Meanwhile, the Royals haven't had a runner get past first base all day. :smile: And... I'm an idiot.

Uncle_Patrick
04-14-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Went to lunch and the Sox score 6. Meanwhile, the Royals haven't had a runner get past first base all day. :smile:


They've gotten two now.

Frankfan4life
04-14-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Uncle_Patrick



They've gotten two now.

No, only one run for KC so far but things are not looking good.

Come on JG!!

Uncle_Patrick
04-14-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Frankfan4life


No, only one run for KC so far but things are not looking good.

Come on JG!!


I meant 2 past 1st base.

Frankfan4life
04-14-2004, 03:55 PM
Now it's..

2 KC
6 SOX

End of KC's 6th. Could have been worse.

Frankfan4life
04-14-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Uncle_Patrick
I meant 2 past 1st base.

Oh, well, it's 2 past home plate now. Anyway, another KC starter will not get a win.

Fisk72
04-14-2004, 04:07 PM
A Santiago homer, now it's 6-3 sox. Settle down, Garland!

nodiggity59
04-14-2004, 04:08 PM
Santiago homered.

SOX 6
KC3

A.T. Money
04-14-2004, 04:13 PM
Beltran is struck out, they don't call it.

Next pitch, homer!

How many times are we going to see that this year?

Etownsox13
04-14-2004, 04:13 PM
Beltran HR

6-5

get JG out

Unregistered
04-14-2004, 04:13 PM
DAMMIT!

balboner
04-14-2004, 04:14 PM
No way should have Garland been left in there to face Beltran. For all the praising that Ozzie has gotten so far, I have a real problem with how long he leaves our pitchers in. You could tell that Garland did not have much left in the last inning.

Uncle_Patrick
04-14-2004, 04:14 PM
Anyone up in the bullpen?

nodiggity59
04-14-2004, 04:14 PM
Beltran with a 2 run homer

Sox 6
KC 5

Get Garland out of there!

Etownsox13
04-14-2004, 04:14 PM
oh no, not Pollite

Frankfan4life
04-14-2004, 04:15 PM
5 KC
6 SOX

KC is hitting the long ball in this series. :o:

Garland is gone. Politte is going to pitch.

Fisk72
04-14-2004, 04:15 PM
It's Politte.

A.T. Money
04-14-2004, 04:15 PM
I bet none of you are actually watching this game......assuming you're at work....

The pitch before the homer, Garland hit the outside corner for strike 3, and the ump called a ball. The homer came on the next pitch.

We've gotten burned like that now 3 times this year. Unreal!!!!

Scotty347
04-14-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by balboner
No way should have Garland been left in there to face Beltran. For all the praising that Ozzie has gotten so far, I have a real problem with how long he leaves our pitchers in. You could tell that Garland did not have much left in the last inning.

Yes it looks like Garland sure didn't need to come out to start the 7th. He already had 100 pitches after his 119 last time out. No reason to keep him in there.

Hopefully we can hang on to this game and Ozzie will use it as another learning experience with how to handle the pitching staff.
I think we gave Garland that confidence that we would stick with him last time out, didn't we? I don't think we needed to do it again.

Etownsox13
04-14-2004, 04:18 PM
finally, we got out of the 7th clinging to a lead

Scotty347
04-14-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
I bet none of you are actually watching this game......assuming you're at work....

The pitch before the homer, Garland hit the outside corner for strike 3, and the ump called a ball. The homer came on the next pitch.

We've gotten burned like that now 3 times this year. Unreal!!!!

You are right about that - all I have is my MLB Gameday. Maybe if they could pipe in Hawk's play-by-play I would have a more hometown view of what's going on.

Etownsox13
04-14-2004, 04:20 PM
top of the order due up

nodiggity59
04-14-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Etownsox13
top of the order due up

Yeah, we need a BIG inning!

Frankfan4life
04-14-2004, 04:23 PM
Uribe leads off the 7th with a basehit.

With the kind of relief pitching the Sox have, I would like to see them score 2 or 3 more runs.

GO SOX!!!!

joeynach
04-14-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Scotty347
You are right about that - all I have is my MLB Gameday. Maybe if they could pipe in Hawk's play-by-play I would have a more hometown view of what's going on.

It doesnt matter we are sitting her and called the homer before it came. The royals and beltran always do this. As soon as you saw the pitch from garland not down and away to beltran we yelled out GONE and there it goes. Ozzie should counterstrike asgaint pena and his team talks. All he told the players was to take garland the opposite way, to adjust. And they did so Ozzie should know this and replace the pitcher.

mweflen
04-14-2004, 04:27 PM
I'm watching the Sox on WGN right now.

I thought nothing could possibly be more annoying than the "Focus and a Dell" Ford commercial played during every break...

but there's this kid who must be sitting right by a mic by the Sox on-deck circle, and every inning, he yells the name of the on-deck hitter about 40 times during each at-bat.

Kid, "Magglio" and "Paulie" aren't turning around. They're busy watching the guy before them bat.

Where are the parents who'll tell this kid to shut his yap?!?!

woodenleg
04-14-2004, 04:28 PM
Ordonez base hit.

nodiggity59
04-14-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by woodenleg
Ordonez base hit.

Come on Hurt, time to BUST out of that slump!

A.T. Money
04-14-2004, 04:31 PM
Couple mistakes from Randa! Since when???

7-5 Sox.

hold2dibber
04-14-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
Couple mistakes from Randa! Since when???

7-5 Sox.

What happened?

Tekijawa
04-14-2004, 04:33 PM
Yahoo didn't have any one scoring on the play, did someone make it home?

Tekijawa
04-14-2004, 04:34 PM
Come on Paulie, Everyone gets a hit tonight!

Uncle_Patrick
04-14-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Yahoo didn't have any one scoring on the play, did someone make it home?


Gameday has Ordonez scoring.

jeremyb1
04-14-2004, 04:34 PM
Haha. Yeah, he's driving me insane.

Frankfan4life
04-14-2004, 04:34 PM
I'm loving the way these Sox are playing!!

5 KC
8 SOX


GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randar68
04-14-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Uncle_Patrick
Gameday has Ordonez scoring.

Maggs scored on Lee's single to Randa.

woodenleg
04-14-2004, 04:34 PM
Lee singled, 7-5, now Thomas scored, 8-5.

Even I'm having trouble keeping up, and I have gameday.

Lee on 2nd, Konerko on 1st, Crede up.

Uncle_Patrick
04-14-2004, 04:35 PM
Konerko singles home Frank. Sox - 8, KC -5

hold2dibber
04-14-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Uncle_Patrick
Konerko singles home Frank. Sox - 8, KC -5

Ssssswwwweeeeeettt!

mantis1212
04-14-2004, 04:38 PM
Those 2 runs were HUGE!!!

voodoochile
04-14-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by mweflen
I'm watching the Sox on WGN right now.

I thought nothing could possibly be more annoying than the "Focus and a Dell" Ford commercial played during every break...

but there's this kid who must be sitting right by a mic by the Sox on-deck circle, and every inning, he yells the name of the on-deck hitter about 40 times during each at-bat.

Kid, "Magglio" and "Paulie" aren't turning around. They're busy watching the guy before them bat.

Where are the parents who'll tell this kid to shut his yap?!?!

Comments like this is exactly what the game day thread is for. Please start using it.

Uncle_Patrick
04-14-2004, 04:45 PM
Bottom of the 8th, let's see if we can get some insurance!

nodiggity59
04-14-2004, 04:50 PM
Rowand out, Olivo singles and steals second!

Frankfan4life
04-14-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Comments like this is exactly what the game day thread is for. Please start using it.

It would be kind of hard for some of us who are "watching" the game on the radio to make those kind of observations.

But since it was brought to my attention, I can actually hear the kid on the radio.

Frater Perdurabo
04-14-2004, 04:55 PM
Hold 'em and go home?

A.T. Money
04-14-2004, 04:56 PM
Well here we go. Lead off walk by Koch.

sas1974
04-14-2004, 04:57 PM
The dreaded lead off walk by Koch to Guiel.

Tekijawa
04-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Negotiate with the Neighborhood association and get some more NIte games? I'd like to actually WATCH A SOX GAME without having to take a half day!

A.T. Money
04-14-2004, 04:57 PM
It's almost guarenteed we're gonna see Beltran again in this game.

sas1974
04-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Matt Stairs on to pinch hit for Tony G.

Scotty347
04-14-2004, 04:58 PM
What no Marte today after Stairs is brought it to pinch it? Hopefully different result from opening day as well.

Uncle_Patrick
04-14-2004, 04:59 PM
Stairs grounds out.

A.T. Money
04-14-2004, 04:59 PM
DJ just said, "Now we need some green seats.."

And just like I thought, here comes Beltran!

Fisk72
04-14-2004, 05:00 PM
Everybody grab their Maalox - Here we go again!

Uncle_Patrick
04-14-2004, 05:00 PM
Pray for a DP ball.

A.T. Money
04-14-2004, 05:01 PM
BOTCH BLOWS IT!!!!

8-8

Fisk72
04-14-2004, 05:02 PM
YUCK. That's all I can say.

SoxFan78
04-14-2004, 05:02 PM
Crotch has never had a 1-2-3 inning, why start now. The sad thing is that Im not surprised one bit.

Uncle_Patrick
04-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Hold 'em, let's get to the bottom of the 9th!

JRIG
04-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
BOTCH BLOWS IT!!!!

8-8

Guillen blows it. Why bring in Koch for a second day in a row when a) he sucks and b) Marte is fresh.

A.T. Money
04-14-2004, 05:03 PM
I smelled this one coming.

Why is it that Beltran, Sweeney bat in the 9th.

Oh, BTW, Sweeney went deep.

9-8

RedPinStripes
04-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Some ****in 5 mill closer we have. PULL HIM NOW. there goes the lead.

woodenleg
04-14-2004, 05:03 PM
NOOOOOO!!!

Sweeney HR.

Uncle_Patrick
04-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Another homer!!!!

Uncle_Patrick
04-14-2004, 05:04 PM
Please remove Koch now!!!

SoxFan78
04-14-2004, 05:04 PM
Done. Koch is done, send him to the minors. This is unbelievable. This is not Guillens fault, he's sticking with his closer. Crotch pitched one inning yesterday, how is he tired?

anewman35
04-14-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
Guillen blows it. Why bring in Koch for a second day in a row when a) he sucks and b) Marte is fresh.

Ha. Opening day, he brings in Marte, and people blame him. Today, he doesn't, and people blame him. I'm really glad I'm not a manager, people get on them no matter what they do.

Frankfan4life
04-14-2004, 05:04 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

hold2dibber
04-14-2004, 05:05 PM
How predictable. Combine a big Sox lead, Koch on the mound and 9th inning appearances by Beltran and Sweeney and there's little doubt about what's going to happen.

Pathetic.

akingamongstmen
04-14-2004, 05:05 PM
There are no words to describe this. All I have to say is @#dhaoeijsdlk%~!!!!

RedPinStripes
04-14-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
Guillen blows it. Why bring in Koch for a second day in a row when a) he sucks and b) Marte is fresh.

Why is it Guillen's fault? Koch threw 1 inning yesterday. If he cant get 3 guys out with a 3 run lead, he's not a closer.

Wouldnt it be guillen's fault too if Marte came in since KC aleady rocked him last week?

Blame Koch.

A.T. Money
04-14-2004, 05:05 PM
What a nightmare.

How do you lose a game when you're up 6-0 in the 6th inning????

How do you lose a game TWICE in the 9th inning to the same team within 2 weeks?????

Unreal. This is an embarrassment.

anewman35
04-14-2004, 05:05 PM
It's weird, I'm not even pissed today, I just think it's funny. Am I that jaded already?

Randar68
04-14-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by anewman35
Ha. Opening day, he brings in Marte, and people blame him. Today, he doesn't, and people blame him. I'm really glad I'm not a manager, people get on them no matter what they do.

Not having a bullpen can make ANY manager look terrible. GOD I HATE BEING RIGHT... The bullpen is going to end up costing the Sox this division.

balboner
04-14-2004, 05:06 PM
Koch has got to be removed as the Sox closer. There is no way this team can be successful with this junk as closer.

A.T. Money
04-14-2004, 05:07 PM
Randa smashes one off the fence for a double. Missed a homer by 2 feet.

cheeses_h_rice
04-14-2004, 05:07 PM
You don't win divisions by giving away huge leads in the ****ing 9th inning to one of your 2 top division rivals, guys.

What's so hard to understand about that?

Unreal.

Frater Perdurabo
04-14-2004, 05:07 PM
CHICAGO (AP) -- The White Sox gave closer Billy Koch his unconditional release today. :angry:

akingamongstmen
04-14-2004, 05:07 PM
:angry: VERY VERY :angry:

A.T. Money
04-14-2004, 05:08 PM
Koch booed off the mound.

Ah, this just ruined my whole day.

jeremyb1
04-14-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan78
Done. Koch is done, send him to the minors. This is unbelievable. This is not Guillens fault, he's sticking with his closer. Crotch pitched one inning yesterday, how is he tired?

Well, whose decision was it to make Koch closer? We're talking about a guy with an ERA of 6 last season who was effective earlier in his career by throwing a 100 mph straight fast ball and now tops out at 95 on good days (or 97 if you believe that bogus gun in KC).

Scotty347
04-14-2004, 05:08 PM
Maybe a switch to Politte as the closer is in order. Or is it too early for this?

Lets not blame Ozzie for this - he made the right move if Koch is the closer. Nobody wants to see Marte after opening day.

This one will fall on Koch. Unless we have one more rally left in us.....

JRIG
04-14-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Why is it Guillen's fault? Koch threw 1 inning yesterday. If he cant get 3 guys out with a 3 run lead, he's not a closer.

Wouldnt it be guillen's fault too if Marte came in since KC aleady rocked him last week?

Blame Koch.

No, Marte would be the correct decision.

This is what you get when you hire a manager who has never managed a game before in his life.

nodiggity59
04-14-2004, 05:10 PM
The Sox HAVE TO win this game

ND_Sox_Fan
04-14-2004, 05:10 PM
It's Koch who always says he has to throw more to stay sharp - real sharp today.

RedPinStripes
04-14-2004, 05:10 PM
This is why i hate the closers role. Half these "Closers cant even get an out without blowing a 3 run lead. If the Sox think of making any moves, it better be for a bullpen.

DrCrawdad
04-14-2004, 05:10 PM
This hurts and it's gonna leave a mark.

joecrede
04-14-2004, 05:10 PM
On a positive note, one would expect Billy is pitching his way to "non-leverage" innings.

bennyw41
04-14-2004, 05:11 PM
For anyone watching the game:

Was Koch visably upset?
Did they follow him into the dugout?

Details please

nodiggity59
04-14-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
No, Marte would be the correct decision.

This is what you get when you hire a manager who has never managed a game before in his life.

Ozzie didn't give up three runs, Koch did. No matter how bad of a manger he may be, no bullpen that is solid blows leads like this consistently.

RedPinStripes
04-14-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by bennyw41
For anyone watching the game:

Was Koch visably upset?
Did they follow him into the dugout?

Details please

Thgey cut to comercial before his tantrum. I'm sure he threw one. I would have.

chisox56
04-14-2004, 05:12 PM
Why can't koch keep a lead against the royals, maybe politte should be the closer.

JRIG
04-14-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by nodiggity59
Ozzie didn't give up three runs, Koch did. No matter how bad of a manger he may be, no bullpen that is solid blows leads like this consistently.

I'm sorry, who was right in the middle of that bonfire on Opening Day? That's right, Koch. Who gave up a hard hit double. Who was brought in by Guillen.

Hondo
04-14-2004, 05:12 PM
Koch walked off like he did his job. If his job is to blow leads and give away games then he looked about right.

He got booed pretty bad.

Lip Man 1
04-14-2004, 05:13 PM
JRIG says: "This is what you get when you hire a manager who has never managed a game before in his life."

With respect ...what you should be saying is, this is what you get when you have an ownership to cheap to re-sign their quality relief pitchers and to cheap to sign a relief guy who wanted to pitch for the Sox.

Some bullpen eh boys and girls? Two games pissed away and the season isn't even 10 days old. Get used to it kids.

Lip

Mots09
04-14-2004, 05:13 PM
This almost makes me physically sick

RedPinStripes
04-14-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by chisox56
Why can't koch keep a lead against the royals, maybe politte should be the closer.

He might be if this keeps up.

joecrede
04-14-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
JRIG says: "This is what you get when you hire a manager who has never managed a game before in his life."

With respect ...what you should be saying is, this is what you get when you have an ownership to cheap to re-sign their quality relief pitchers and to cheap to sign a relief guy who wanted to pitch for the Sox.

Some bullpen eh boys and girls? Two games pissed away and the season isn't even 10 days old. Get used to it kids.

Lip

With respect Lip, Koch makes a lot of money.

RedPinStripes
04-14-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
I'm sorry, who was right in the middle of that bonfire on Opening Day? That's right, Koch. Who gave up a hard hit double. Who was brought in by Guillen.

It was Marte who gave up 2 hr's. No win situation.

nodiggity59
04-14-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
JRIG says: "This is what you get when you hire a manager who has never managed a game before in his life."

With respect ...what you should be saying is, this is what you get when you have an ownership to cheap to re-sign their quality relief pitchers and to cheap to sign a relief guy who wanted to pitch for the Sox.

Some bullpen eh boys and girls? Two games pissed away and the season isn't even 10 days old. Get used to it kids.

Lip

Are you happy?

SoxFan78
04-14-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
No, Marte would be the correct decision.

This is what you get when you hire a manager who has never managed a game before in his life.

Why would Marte be the correct decision?

-Koch is his closer (maybe not after today)
-He pitched one inning yesterday, he's not gonna be tired

You cannot blame Guillen everytime the sox lose. If Crotch would of done his job, Sox would of won already

Randar68
04-14-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
I'm sorry, who was right in the middle of that bonfire on Opening Day? That's right, Koch. Who gave up a hard hit double. Who was brought in by Guillen.

HUH? Koch got a K and then that double was on a good inside pitch that was fisted to the corner. Don't let your biases stand in the way of facts.

RedPinStripes
04-14-2004, 05:16 PM
Well Ozzie ball on the offensive side has benn great. Let's see what happens in the 9th.

Tekijawa
04-14-2004, 05:16 PM
Heart of the order... Come on BOYS!!!

cheeses_h_rice
04-14-2004, 05:17 PM
The Sox can still tie or win this one, guys. Let's see what they got.

nodiggity59
04-14-2004, 05:17 PM
COME ON MAGGS-HURT-CABALLO!!!!

psyclonis
04-14-2004, 05:17 PM
it's JR/KW's fault for not keeping Flash :/
Koch is being paid TOO much for just throwing down the middle of the plate...

Mots09
04-14-2004, 05:17 PM
These are the guys we need to get a run

ma_deuce
04-14-2004, 05:17 PM
:tomatoaward :tomatoaward

IlliniSox
04-14-2004, 05:18 PM
stick it right back to em.

akingamongstmen
04-14-2004, 05:18 PM
Leskanic is kidding, right? That can't possibly be his motion.

Mots09
04-14-2004, 05:19 PM
There we go...

Lead off walk

sas1974
04-14-2004, 05:19 PM
On the up side, as least there's no Mike MacDougal to deal with.

JRIG
04-14-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan78
Why would Marte be the correct decision?

-Koch is his closer (maybe not after today)
-He pitched one inning yesterday, he's not gonna be tired

You cannot blame Guillen everytime the sox lose. If Crotch would of done his job, Sox would of won already

What has Koch done to earn his "closer title"? Why does a manager have to be locked into using his closer even if he sucks? If Guillen would have done his job and not used the arsonist in the bullpen, we'd have a better chance of winning.

RedPinStripes
04-14-2004, 05:19 PM
Lookin good. I will be much happier if the Sox can talk about their bullpen troubles if the offense can save their ass.

IlliniSox
04-14-2004, 05:19 PM
Hurt em and go home.

Mots09
04-14-2004, 05:19 PM
He looks more wild the Koch

akingamongstmen
04-14-2004, 05:20 PM
Hahahahahahaha

Mots09
04-14-2004, 05:20 PM
Is that Uribe at 2bag? :)

A.T. Money
04-14-2004, 05:20 PM
Lopez bobbles one.

1st and 2nd, no one out!!!

nodiggity59
04-14-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
What has Koch done to earn his "closer title"? Why does a manager have to be locked into using his closer even if he sucks? If Guillen would have done his job and not used the arsonist in the bullpen, we'd have a better chance of winning.

He's done nothing to earn it he has it for 2 bad reasons:

1. The Sox don't want to look stupid for paying him so much to close if they don't have to look stupid.

2. Marte and Politte have never been long term closers (ie we don't have a good option)

balboner
04-14-2004, 05:21 PM
No, dont have Carlos bunt!!!!!!!

Brian26
04-14-2004, 05:21 PM
Caballo should NOT be bunting here.

sas1974
04-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by nodiggity59
He's done nothing to earn it he has it for 2 bad reasons:

1. The Sox don't want to look stupid for paying him so much to close if they don't have to look stupid.

2. Marte and Politte have never been long term closers (ie we don't have a good option)

Yep. There are $6MM reasons that Koch has been designated as the closer out of spring training.

bobj4400
04-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by balboner
No, dont have Carlos bunt!!!!!!!

When we lose, it will be because Carlos strikes out after trying to bunt and then GIDPaul comes up with his usual...

Brian26
04-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Whew. Foul tip. Caballo still alive.

Mots09
04-14-2004, 05:22 PM
This is why you have CLEE bunt..... Need to move those runners over...


Just got a gift on K pitch

IlliniSox
04-14-2004, 05:23 PM
Lets go Carlos,
I want to see OUR team bouncing at home in front of their dugout.

sas1974
04-14-2004, 05:23 PM
C Lee is bunting for the same reason that Timo wasn't. Tie at home. Win on the road.

Lip Man 1
04-14-2004, 05:23 PM
The question was asked are you happy?

Pretty dumb question don't you think?

When guys like Koch, Pollitt, Takatsu, Cotts and Adkins are your right handed relief pitchers what do you think is going to happen?

Joe:

That's right Koch makes a lot of money but knowing what he did last season explain to me the logic of letting Gordon and Sullivan go? Did Sox management simply think he was going to be fine this year? I think it was more like, 'well we hope (there's the Sox favorite word again...) he'll be fine but either way we 'can't afford,' (nudge, nudge, wink, wink...) to keep these other guys.'

Like we've discussed when you're an organization that's consistently trying to cut corners on talent you have no room for errors, injuries or an off season by a player (or players).

That's why teams that spend money have better chances to get to the post season....they don't have to reply so much on 'hope' or 'luck.'

What a half assed organization.

Lip

RedPinStripes
04-14-2004, 05:24 PM
I would have like to see him bunt to break up a dp if he knew how to bunt. He came close to popping out attempting.

Brian26
04-14-2004, 05:24 PM
Caballo really battling right now.

2-2 count.

Brian26
04-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Lee works it to 3-2.

hold2dibber
04-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Please people - what's happening? Did CLee get down the bunt? What's the status (gameday is not working for me at all).

Brian26
04-14-2004, 05:25 PM
UNBELIEVABLE AT BAT!

Caballo WALKS!

RedPinStripes
04-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Load em up for Paulie! Base hit is all we need. No ground balls!!!!!!!!!!

sas1974
04-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Please people - what's happening? Did CLee get down the bunt? What's the status (gameday is not working for me at all).

BALL FOUR!!! Bases loaded!

MikeKreevich
04-14-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
When we lose, it will be because Carlos strikes out after trying to bunt and then GIDPaul comes up with his usual...
So much for your plan.

Brian26
04-14-2004, 05:26 PM
Bases loaded.

No outs.
Konerko up.
Sox down by 1.

nodiggity59
04-14-2004, 05:26 PM
Bases Loaded, nobody out!

RedPinStripes
04-14-2004, 05:27 PM
YYYYYYYYYYYESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

A.T. Money
04-14-2004, 05:27 PM
DUCK SNORT!!! SOX TIED IT!!!

BASES LOADED NO OUT!

Mots09
04-14-2004, 05:27 PM
Jesus shinning down on us

Brian26
04-14-2004, 05:27 PM
PK's pop up falls in front of Gonzalez in right field!!!! Sox score one. Game is tied! Bases are STILL loaded.

:)

nodiggity59
04-14-2004, 05:28 PM
Paulie!!! I take it all back, I swear!!!! Who needs Odalis Perez!?!

Mots09
04-14-2004, 05:28 PM
Wow someone with a worse performance than KOCH

Chisox353014
04-14-2004, 05:28 PM
Let's win this ^&*(&^*(^*(&*# game, dammit!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: