PDA

View Full Version : Retired Jerseys

skottyj242
04-14-2004, 10:03 AM
Yesterday I noticed that there is no place honoring the Jersey's that are retired. On a day that saw what I hope to be many more appearances of Carlton Fisk at the park, there is no mention that his number 72 is retired. I know they took them down last year to put up All-Star Game crap, but where are they now? If I missed them please tell me where they are, I'll try looking again today.

DrummerGeorgefan
04-14-2004, 10:34 AM
They should put them on the outfield wall. I mean how much could wall decals cost

JDP
04-14-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by DrummerGeorgefan
They should put them on the outfield wall. I mean how much could wall decals cost

As long as there is an open space anywhere on the field, it's a possible revenue spot for advertising, because JR needs more money of course. It's not a completely bad idea, as long as we don't see an advertisement for Tampax sitting on the left field wall eh?

DrummerGeorgefan
04-14-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by JDP
as long as we don't see an advertisement for Tampax sitting on the left field wall eh?

I thought we already had one...the bloody mess that is Shingo

dickallen15
04-14-2004, 10:43 AM
I'm pretty sure they are going to be on the outfield wall.

Fisk72
04-14-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by DrummerGeorgefan
I thought we already had one...the bloody mess that is Shingo

BRILLIANT!!!

eriqjaffe
04-14-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by JDP
...as long as we don't see an advertisement for Tampax sitting on the left field wall eh?

Don't give JR any ideas...

:reinsy
"Now we can really broaden our fan base!"

SSN721
04-14-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by eriqjaffe
Don't give JR any ideas...

"Now we can really broaden our fan base!"

:) very nice.

RedPinStripes
04-14-2004, 01:25 PM
Sincet he green padding is there now, why not put them on the OF walls like the old park had the last few years? A baseball with the retired number on it? Would be a nice touch since there are some similarities tot the old park now.

"You kidding me??? Those numbers werent making me any money!"

soxnut
04-14-2004, 04:49 PM
As I have posted about 5 or 6 times already the past month or so. I emailed Rob Gallas on the subject. He mentioned that they are considering an outfield decoration that would include the retired numbers. :o: :o: :o: