PDA

View Full Version : News Media Watch 4-14-04

Brian26
04-14-2004, 09:17 AM
Hangar,

I think we just made up some ground today.

Check the Tribune Section 1 and Sports Section. We absolutely smoked the Cubs. I didn't count the numbers of articles, but there had to be at least 10 different articles on the Sox, while the only thing I saw on the Cubs was one article about Grudzilanek's injury on the bottom of the front page. Good day for the Sox...

kittle545feet
04-14-2004, 09:20 AM
thats great but i think the reason is the cubs didn't play yesterday. we probably would have been smoked if they had played. oh well, i'll take it! :smile:

Baby Fisk
04-14-2004, 09:25 AM
Grudzilanek and Prior both on the DL probably has the Cubbie friendly media types in helpless hysteria. Then they get bombed by the Pirates. All is not well on the north side, while things are looking great on the south side! :cool:

daveeym
04-14-2004, 09:28 AM
If the sox keep winning and the cubs keep losing the tides will turn and people will be trying to unload cubs tix left and right, the ticket brokers may go out of business up near wrigley.

JDP
04-14-2004, 10:29 AM
If the media wants to focus on the Cubs all the way down the drain, let them. The Sox are showing that the focus not being on them is not affecting them.

Cubbiesuck13
04-14-2004, 10:56 AM
As a longdistance sox fan, any news articles about the sox are nice. I don't really care how many are for the cubs. Everyone knows that it is not fair and balanced so i dont see any reason to piss and moan. I will save that for when the cubs miss the playoffs and the sox make it.

samram
04-14-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by JDP
If the media wants to focus on the Cubs all the way down the drain, let them. The Sox are showing that the focus not being on them is not affecting them.

Unfortunately, this team has shown in the past that it only performs well when the focus is not on them (second half of 2000 and 2000 playoffs and beginning of 2001 and 2003). Hopefully, that will change this year.

Hangar18
04-14-2004, 03:05 PM
Brian, thanks for "Covering" for me here, having a rough day
here, but YESS, we did catch up bigtime. Yesterday however,
we lost bigtime with the CubTimes/Cubune giving them a 10-2,10-3 advantage CUbs 369- SOX 211. But Today, the SOX scored a 11-2 & 11-3 advantage in both papers, including Cover pictures.
One thing that was noticable on the evening news, was the SOX DIDNT get top news headlines to begin the broadcasts (probably because of the Presidents speech)

CUBS 375
SOX 228

cheeses_h_rice
04-14-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

One thing that was noticable on the evening news, was the SOX DIDNT get top news headlines to begin the broadcasts (probably because of the Presidents speech)

The Sox game led off the 6:00 news on Channel 7, at least.