PDA

View Full Version : What is JMG?


Stoky44
04-14-2004, 02:28 AM
Has anyone noticed that on Ozzie's Jersey and Jacket sleave all have the letter JMG on it (I believe the right sleave), and nobody else has this. What does it mean?

hempsox
04-14-2004, 06:58 AM
JMG=Jerry Manual's Gone

chaerulez
04-14-2004, 07:35 AM
Is that seriously it?

Jjav829
04-14-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by chaerulez
Is that seriously it?

No. It is in honor of Jack Gould.

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 11:00 AM
While were on this, does anyone know what every team has on the side of their hats? That big patch, I can't figure it out.

Baby Fisk
04-14-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
While were on this, does anyone know what every team has on the side of their hats? That big patch, I can't figure it out.
It's an ultra-tacky "Opening Day" logo.

CubKilla
04-14-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by hempsox
JMG=Jerry Manual's Gone

That's what I told a friend yesterday while we were watching the game :D:

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
It's an ultra-tacky "Opening Day" logo. Thanks, does that mean they will take it off soon?

CubKilla
04-14-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Thanks, does that mean they will take it off soon?

According to Rooney and Farmer, it will only be on the hats until the end of each teams first homestand.

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
According to Rooney and Farmer, it will only be on the hats until the end of each teams first homestand. Good deal, I hate that patch. Thanks.

Baby Fisk
04-14-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Thanks, does that mean they will take it off soon?
It was a brilliant promotional scheme by the Commissioner's office to inform extremely stupid people that it was opening day. Then of course, it evolved into every team having to wear them for their first home stand of the season. I hope this pointless tradition gets axed.

Iwritecode
04-14-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Stoky44
Has anyone noticed that on Ozzie's Jersey and Jacket sleave all have the letter JMG on it (I believe the right sleave), and nobody else has this. What does it mean?

It's Jack Gould's initials.

batmanZoSo
04-14-2004, 11:36 AM
Maybe it's his own initials..

Jose Maria Guillen.

Like Jose Maria Ola(th)abal the tennis player.

bobj4400
04-14-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Like Jose Maria Ola(th)abal the tennis player.

?????????????????? I know he didnt look much like a golfer while shooting 81 on Saturday at the Masters, but I dont think he moonlights as a tennis player...

batmanZoSo
04-14-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by bobj4400
?????????????????? I know he didnt look much like a golfer while shooting 81 on Saturday at the Masters, but I dont think he moonlights as a tennis player...

Golf, tennis, it's all good. hehe

I must've been thinking of another hyphenated Spaniard...Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario.

hillbilly
04-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Golf, tennis, it's all good. hehe

I must've been thinking of another hyphenated Spaniard...Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario.

hyphenated spaniard...haha

Brian26
04-14-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
According to Rooney and Farmer, it will only be on the hats until the end of each teams first homestand.

:farmer

"And of course, Chuck Clovis has those hats in the gift shop, along with those gorgeous road grey jackets with the "Chicago" script across the front in black, outlined with white, with the black and white collars and the American Flag on the sleeve. Chuck also had the new White Sox boxer shorts with the diamond sock logo, which I love to wear bloused at the knees without any socks on."

Thunderstruck30
04-15-2004, 01:19 AM
Okay...so who is Jack Gould?

batmanZoSo
04-15-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
Okay...so who is Jack Gould?

What he said /\

Iwritecode
04-15-2004, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
Okay...so who is Jack Gould?

From the Sun-times (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-doug061.html)

NOTES: Sox manager Ozzie Guillen had the initials ''JMG'' on his sleeve in honor of former Sox executive Jack Gould, who died before the 2003 season.