PDA

View Full Version : Another win for Rauch

A. Cavatica
04-13-2004, 11:01 PM
Charlotte beat Toledo 6-3 tonight, behind Jon Rauch, who had a better outing this time around.

J Rauch (W,2-0) 6 3 2 2 1 4

Jeremy Reed went 2-for-5 (1 SO, 1 R) and played CF. He's batting .300 but in a slump nonetheless (few walks, little power or speed).

Joe Borchard went 0-for-4.

lowesox
04-14-2004, 12:32 AM
This is good news. With some older arms in our bullpen and two very large question marks in our rotation I'd be surprised if our of our minor leaguers (if not two) end up with very important roles at the major league level by midseason. Grilli's the other guy I'm really rootin' for.

jeremyb1
04-14-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica
Charlotte beat Toledo 6-3 tonight, behind Jon Rauch, who had a better outing this time around.

Jeremy Reed went 2-for-5 (1 SO, 1 R) and played CF. He's batting .300 but in a slump nonetheless (few walks, little power or speed).

Hmm. I don't know. Rauch went 5 2/3 6 1 1 1 3 1 last time. That's about as good as this start. In either case he pitched pretty well both times.

Reed hasn't been outstanding but I'd hesitate to call 6 games a slump unless a player only has one or two hits in that time.

SoxxoS
04-14-2004, 02:00 AM
Reed is hitting .300, and that wrist is probably bothering him.

I can forsee Rauch being called up in the next month, and Danny Wrong being sent to the bullpen, where he belongs.

OurBitchinMinny
04-14-2004, 02:18 AM
I like wright out of the pen. He has potential closer/setup in his game. However, he needs to be given a few more starts before you pull the cord

gosox41
04-14-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it: Rauch should be in the starting rotation for the Sox ahead of Schoenweis.

I can't figure out what KW has against him.

Bob

doublem23
04-14-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it: Rauch should be in the starting rotation for the Sox ahead of Schoenweis.

Bob

Is Rauch out of options? Maybe Kenny is waiting until he is sure Jon is ready before calling him up?

Randar68
04-14-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by gosox41

Bob

What can't you figure out? Their fued has been discussed in the past. I agree completely, Rauch should have been the #4 starter. He out-pitched everyone else in the "5th Starter Rade" in Spring Training and the potetnial is still higher than Scott or Danny...

SoxxoS
04-14-2004, 01:13 PM
I think Rauch is in KW's doghouse for something...something just doesn't add up.

That being said, 2 more quality starts and he gets called up, IMO. Danny is better out of the pen, anyway.

Randar68
04-14-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
I think Rauch is in KW's doghouse for something...something just doesn't add up.

That being said, 2 more quality starts and he gets called up, IMO. Danny is better out of the pen, anyway.

Kenny and him had a huge argument after he was misused and re-injured following being rushed back to the majors after his shoulder injury. Kenny still can't apparently get over it. I don't know if that's 100% true, but if Wright struggles as starter and he doesn't replace him with Rauch, it will be as telling as anything we've seen up to this point.

sas1974
04-14-2004, 01:22 PM
If Rauch comes up, who goes down?

...and don't forget Wunsch is still in AAA.

Risk
04-14-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
If Rauch comes up, who goes down?

...and don't forget Wunsch is still in AAA.

Adkins

Risk

SoxxoS
04-14-2004, 01:39 PM
If Danny Wrong struggles, don't forget about Cotts...

If KW really has a vendetta against Rauch, Cotts will take Rauch's spot.

That being said, Cotts looked BY FAR the best he has looked against the Yankees coming out of the bullpen. His curve was nasty. I would like to take a Buerhle like approach with him, and leave him in the pen until further notice.

Plus, there was a report in the Sun-Times about Loiaza only throwing 88-89 rather than his usual 94-95...it's most likely nothing, but you never now. As Sox fans, we should realize everyone loses velocity on this team.

sas1974
04-14-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Plus, there was a report in the Sun-Times about Loiaza only throwing 88-89 rather than his usual 94-95...it's most likely nothing, but you never now. As Sox fans, we should realize everyone loses velocity on this team.

I think Loiaza himself mentioned that his velocity seemed down. Could just be the cold weather and the fact that he was having trouble gripping the ball.

From Today's Times:
Loaiza said the cool temperatures made it difficult for him to grip the ball properly.

''I haven't pitched in cold weather like this in a while,'' he said. ''I threw a lot more fastballs and cutters in Kansas City [in his first start]. But today my top [speed] on the fastball was only about 88 [mph] and my cutter was 81. I really don't know what was going on today, but I'll do my bullpen session in a few days and straighten things out for my next start.''