PDA

View Full Version : Sow Win is the Top Story on Yahoo News

ma_deuce
04-13-2004, 07:48 PM
Finally, some respect. :)

LInk to White Sox Winner (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=10&u=/ap/20040413/ap_on_sp_ba_ga_su/bba_royals_white_sox)

Deuce

batmanZoSo
04-13-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by ma_deuce
Finally, some respect. :)

LInk to White Sox Winner (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=10&u=/ap/20040413/ap_on_sp_ba_ga_su/bba_royals_white_sox)

Deuce

Well, we got the lead story, but did they have to call us "Sows"? We can never have it all I guess.
:)

soxfan26
04-13-2004, 07:55 PM
I have a feeling Ozzie will be getting his share of headlines this year. If he keeps on winning, they will all be talking about how he turned the club around.

Kuzman
04-13-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by soxfan26
I have a feeling Ozzie will be getting his share of headlines this year. If he keeps on winning, they will all be talking about how he turned the club around.

yep and youll get harold reynolds and peter gammons saying they knew the sox were gonna be dominant all year round too.

batmanZoSo
04-13-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Kuzman
yep and youll get harold reynolds and peter gammons saying they knew the sox were gonna be dominant all year round too.

Gammons said the Sox might be the next Marlins if they kept Colon. Take away Colon and he surely doesn't consider us chumps.

DSpivack
04-13-2004, 10:30 PM
I don't know what everyone is so excited about. At best we win the division to be swept in the 1st round again. This team just isn't that talented; especially not when compared to last year.

munchman33
04-13-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by DSpivack
I don't know what everyone is so excited about. At best we win the division to be swept in the 1st round again. This team just isn't that talented; especially not when compared to last year.

You need to visit the New York Yankee boards. We play the Yankees, as well as most good teams, extremely well. Their fans were worried what would happen if we do end up winning the division this year and face them.

I find it extremely puzzling that the White Sox are good enough to scare the fans of other teams, yet not good enough to convince most of their fans of their legitamacy.

-Munchie

scottyl
04-13-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by DSpivack

This team appears to have the capacity to be very good offensively, and if the pitching comes around, I don't think that there is reason to be so pessimistic.

Last year's team didn't win in the clutch. And if guttiness, grit, pulling through when it counts, etc. isn't a component of determining talent, then it should be.

jordan23ventura
04-14-2004, 12:08 AM
True. I don't remember any string last year where this team ran as hard and played as tough as they did so far this year. If they keep that up and become successful they will build confidence in themselves. That confidence is bad new for the Yanks, BoSox, or anyone else they would face if they win the division this year.

SEALgep
04-14-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by scottyl
This team appears to have the capacity to be very good offensively, and if the pitching comes around, I don't think that there is reason to be so pessimistic.

Last year's team didn't win in the clutch. And if guttiness, grit, pulling through when it counts, etc. isn't a component of determining talent, then it should be. I agree. I don't think our pitching is bad, but I understand what you're saying. When this team is on, there isn't anybody we can't beat. We may not win every game, but no one is stand out better than us when that's the case.

scottyl
04-14-2004, 02:56 AM
The other thing to remember is that the talent we have now may not be what we have after the All-Star break or so. KW showed last year that he isn't just going to sit around after the Opening Day roster has been announced.

ode to veeck
04-14-2004, 01:27 PM
Gammons said the Sox might be the next Marlins if they kept Colon. Take away Colon and he surely doesn't consider us chumps

Who cares what this fool thinks or says

Iguana775
04-14-2004, 02:04 PM
didnt KW say that if the Sox are in the race, he'll get the help needed down the stretch? I thought he did. Maybe not. lol