PDA

View Full Version : Mike Jackson

Jurr
04-13-2004, 06:23 PM
Who thought Mike Jackson looked pretty strong today? He located well, got some hitters to swing at his pitches, and clearly did not look like some washed up old vet. He may be a great addition to this bullpen.

CHISOXFAN13
04-13-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Jurr
Who thought Mike Jackson looked pretty strong today? He located well, got some hitters to swing at his pitches, and clearly did not look like some washed up old vet. He may be a great addition to this bullpen.

The key was Jackson getting ahead of the hitters and hitting nearly every corner. I'm impressed.

soxfan26
04-13-2004, 06:48 PM

I agree. If he stays consitent, he will be a welcomed addition.

delben91
04-13-2004, 07:01 PM
The fact that Jackson went 2 innings impressed me. I doubt he could do it on a regular basis, but it's nice to have another arm that can go more than just one inning to group with Cotts and Adkins.

whitesoxwilkes
04-13-2004, 08:03 PM
This attendee was impressed with him. Locates very well and throws hard for a "geezer."

Mohoney
04-13-2004, 10:16 PM

He looked VERY impressive, and so did Koch.

Both these guys made some GREAT pitches today.

They're pitching as the situation dictates, and not trying to just blow it by good hitters like Beltran and Sweeney. Real good sign.

HITMEN OF 77
04-13-2004, 10:25 PM
When Jackson throws first pitch strike he gets ahead in the count...LOL still love that Santo qoute!!

MRKARNO
04-13-2004, 10:31 PM
Could Mike Jackson be the 2004 version of Tom Gordon?

lowesox
04-13-2004, 11:24 PM
I think Jackson and Politte could both be positives for the bullpen as long as they stay healthy. However, that's a reasonably big if.

crector
04-14-2004, 02:04 AM
As long as the Sox continue with their obsession with trying to make Danny Wright a starting pitcher, Jackson could be Wright's successor as the team's long relief man.

SSN721
04-14-2004, 06:49 AM
I have to say I was a little worried when they first brought in Mike jackson yesterday but was very impressed with his performance. His ability to get ahead in the count and locate well was definitely key. If he can continue to do that relatively consistently he will be a big help in the pen this year.

gogosoxgogo
04-15-2004, 05:56 PM
Yet another good game by Mike Jackson today. I'm starting to come around to this guy. He's getting the job done in clutch situations. Him having a solid year would mean a lot to us. It could eventually lessen the blow of the setup position when Marte slides over to the closer's role

DrummerGeorgefan
04-15-2004, 06:01 PM
Has seemed to be a good pick up so far. Does anyone know what his career trends have been, ie: streaky, early starter, gets frazzled easily, etc. ?

santo=dorf
04-15-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Could Mike Jackson be the 2004 version of Tom Gordon?

No, I believe that title will go to Cliff Politte. :smile:

MRKARNO
04-15-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
No, I believe that title will go to Cliff Politte. :smile:

I kind of agree with you. He has the 95+ MPH fastball like Gordon does, but I dont know what his offspeed pitches are. He has the stuff, he was way off last year, but 2000-2002, before his injury he was solid.

HITMEN OF 77
04-15-2004, 07:56 PM
I'm impressd with Jackson and for that matter Politte so far. These guys are pitching great. I hope they keep it up. I think Jackson has only given up 1 hit so far all season.