PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think that commercial Sucks?

santo=dorf
04-13-2004, 03:43 PM
I just saw the Sox commercial with the burglars being Sox fans and I think it is absolutely stupid to portray burglars in a positive light. Why not show Sox fans doing something positive? Who came up with this crap?

bobj4400
04-13-2004, 04:03 PM
My thoughts exactly. Leave it to the Sox marketing team to reinforce a negative stereotype of White Sox fans.

Geeterman1
04-13-2004, 04:07 PM
I felt the same way.

SoxxoS
04-13-2004, 04:14 PM
Nothing like a little targer market research from the Sox marketing team.

thecell
04-13-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
Leave it to the Sox marketing team to reinforce a negative stereotype of White Sox fans.

I may be mistaken but I think that is a Fox Sports commercial and was probably not produced by the White Sox.

joeywpb
04-13-2004, 04:17 PM
It is a Fox Sports Net sponsered commercial. They just replace the team. I live in FL and I see them from the D-Rays all the time. I still agree they suck, but atleast the sox organization is not responsible for it.

Bobby Thigpen
04-13-2004, 04:28 PM
The Sox had nothing to do with it. This is just a cheap Fox sports commercial that they replace the team in whatever market it is showing. Not part of the great conspiracy.

Dan H
04-13-2004, 04:38 PM
It is good the Sox had nothing to do with this. With all the bad publicity about those dopes running on the field, they don't need marketing no matter how funny it is meant to be. I will not make further judgement unitl I actually see the commercial.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-13-2004, 05:04 PM
What exactly happens in the commercial? Didn't get to see it today

southsidegirl
04-13-2004, 06:18 PM
Four or five burglars bust into a house and start stealing stuff, then they see a Sox bobble head, put everything back and leave a note saying "Sorry about the window, GO SOX!".

I think that it was actually pretty funny.

batmanZoSo
04-13-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by southsidegirl
Four or five burglars bust into a house and start stealing stuff, then they see a Sox bobble head, put everything back and leave a note saying "Sorry about the window, GO SOX!".

I think that it was actually pretty funny.

I guess that is pretty funny. Would be good if we weren't all portrayed as white trash thugs looking to beat up everyone on the street.

santo=dorf
04-13-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by joeywpb
It is a Fox Sports Net sponsered commercial. They just replace the team. I live in FL and I see them from the D-Rays all the time. I still agree they suck, but atleast the sox organization is not responsible for it.

Thanks for the info. But still, someone got paid to come up with that?