PDA

View Full Version : I'm missing the game...

ma_deuce
04-13-2004, 03:47 PM
WGN Stupid Station is running "In the Heat of the Night" instead of the game. The Chicago broadcast of the game is blackouted on the MLB package, as is the KC broadcast. This sucks! I can't believe I paid good money to miss the opener. I could have done that for free.

Deuce

JRIG
04-13-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by ma_deuce
WGN Stupid Station is running "In the Heat of the Night" instead of the game. The Chicago broadcast of the game is blackouted on the MLB package, as is the KC broadcast. This sucks! I can't believe I paid good money to miss the opener. I could have done that for free.

Deuce

Well, if it makes you feel any better, the game's not on WGN today. It's on Fox Sports Net.

Brian26
04-13-2004, 04:13 PM

Deuce

That's actually a pretty decent movie, too, if it's the old Sidney Pottier version. :D:

voodoochile
04-13-2004, 04:16 PM

Deuce

$14.85 MLBTV through the computer. A few seconds slow, but it saved my bacon today. I'd pay that much to see just the opener and now I get the whole freaking month.

Need broadband connection is all...

maurice
04-13-2004, 04:30 PM
WGN Stupid Station is running "In the Heat of the Night" instead of the game.

Originally posted by Brian26
That's actually a pretty decent movie, too, if it's the old Sidney Pottier version. :D:

It's another Cubune conspiracy.

http://www.starpulse.com/Athletes/Banks,_Ernie/thumb.jpg
"Call me MISTER Cub!"

Rocklive99
04-13-2004, 04:42 PM
You must have a different carrier than me, cause on my MLB package they are showing the FSN Sox telecast, so it's not blacked out

Jurr
04-13-2004, 07:13 PM
With the MLB package, it depends on where you're living. In my area, Cardinals games and Braves games are always blacked out, and we get the Sox games all the time. I think it's just a regional thing.

DSpivack
04-13-2004, 10:34 PM

I'm assuming he meant the tv show, which was filmed right here in Covington, GA!

munchman33
04-13-2004, 10:36 PM

I love that movie. One of the best ever made.

ma_deuce
04-13-2004, 10:40 PM
It was the cable company. They chose today to decide that though I prepaid for the season last year, I had not ordered it. It took twenty minutes to correct this stupid error.

There was one funny moment though. The guy thought that my payment was for last season and not this years. I asked the guy why I would pay October 2003 to January 2004 for a service I used the year before. His responce was: "well, weren't you receiving MLB coverage during those months?" I had to laugh.

Deuce