PDA

View Full Version : sox ranked as 4th most miserable team!

habibharu
04-13-2004, 11:36 AM
by espn.com: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/040407 1. expos 2. tribe 3. scrubs. 4. sox

samram
04-13-2004, 11:45 AM
I saw that too. I think if you go by fan misery, the Expos shouldn't even be there because the fans don't care about them. The Cubs should also move down because I don't see a lot of misery from the people sitting in the bleachers getting drunk on a Wednesday or Thursday afternoon. I think Boston and White Sox fans should be up there with Cleveland's fans.

cheeses_h_rice
04-13-2004, 11:49 AM
And, despite lopping off the upper third of the UD, we STILL get slammed for our stadium's now non-existent features...

All the attention goes to the poor fans on the North Side but how about a little compassion for the beleaguered folks on the south side? Sox fans are still paying the price for having their team throw the 1919 World Series. They not only haven't won any postseason since then, they've only played in the World Series once -- the worst mark by far. It's enough to make you want to jump from Comiskey's upper deck ... if you could climb that high.

SEALgep
04-13-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by samram
I saw that too. I think if you go by fan misery, the Expos shouldn't even be there because the fans don't care about them. The Cubs should also move down because I don't see a lot of misery from the people sitting in the bleachers getting drunk on a Wednesday or Thursday afternoon. I think Boston and White Sox fans should be up there with Cleveland's fans. Why Cleveland? They were dominant in the 90's. That's like saying the Bulls are one of the most miserable teams because they are losing. We just won 6 championships not too long ago.

samram
04-13-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Why Cleveland? They were dominant in the 90's. That's like saying the Bulls are one of the most miserable teams because they are losing. We just won 6 championships not too long ago.

Good point. Didn't think about that. Plus I have heard their stadium is great.

TDog
04-13-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
And, despite lopping off the upper third of the UD, we STILL get slammed for our stadium's now non-existent features...

Climbing up that high in Bank One Ballpark, on the other hand, is a sheer delight.

MRKARNO
04-13-2004, 12:03 PM
Not that I'm trying to glorify misery like a Cubs or Redsox fan but we definately should be no. 1 in this index.

What other team can say that their owner helped to end their best season and best shot at a world series title?

:reinsy

"You wouldn't be talking about me now, would you?"

chaerulez
04-13-2004, 12:13 PM
Makes sense to me, people talk about the Cubs 'curse', but the White Sox haven't won in basically just as long. Not to mention at least the Tribune Co. is shelling out money now, more than we can say for Jerry. Actually it could be said that 1919 is our curse, but then again all this talk about curses in baseball is real stupid.

RustyKuntz
04-13-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Why Cleveland? They were dominant in the 90's. That's like saying the Bulls are one of the most miserable teams because they are losing. We just won 6 championships not too long ago.

Yeah, but as good as they were, they never won the World Series. That's why they are miserable.

However, I wouldn't put them above either chicago team.

Mohoney
04-13-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by chaerulez
Makes sense to me, people talk about the Cubs 'curse', but the White Sox haven't won in basically just as long. Not to mention at least the Tribune Co. is shelling out money now, more than we can say for Jerry. Actually it could be said that 1919 is our curse, but then again all this talk about curses in baseball is real stupid.

Thank you.

DSpivack
04-13-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Mohoney
Thank you. You know I wonder when the Cubs are going to realize their real curse is Wrigley Field.