PDA

View Full Version : Go Manuel

KempersRS
09-10-2001, 06:13 PM
After losing last game and commenting on it is time to use the young guys, he goes out and sits both Crede and Rowand. This is making me so angry. Just play them! Screw "matchups" of lefties and righties, play them every day! When is he going to get it through his thick, thick head that you have to play these guys everyday if you want to learn something. I don't want them to get better matchups versus lefties, I want them to see everything and try to handle the daily workload. Lets just waste the first 2 months next year too Jer...

Jerry_Manuel
09-10-2001, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
Lets just waste the first 2 months next year too Jer...

You know they will. Here is how I see things going down.

If Clayton is still on the team Jose plays 3rd
If Clayton is off the team Jose back at short and Crede at 3rd.
Singletonis going to be dealt (again my opinion) with Rowand or if he has a good spring Borchard in center.

Jerry_Manuel
09-10-2001, 06:22 PM
To be fair to Manuel:
With the Sox having fallen nine games behind the Indians, it's likely Manuel will take a look at more younger players down the stretch.

That means third baseman Joe Crede, designated hitter Jeff Liefer and outfielder Aaron Rowand can expect to see even more playing time.

"It's a possibility that I'll do that," Manuel said.

KempersRS
09-10-2001, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
To be fair to Manuel:
With the Sox having fallen nine games behind the Indians, it's likely Manuel will take a look at more younger players down the stretch.

That means third baseman Joe Crede, designated hitter Jeff Liefer and outfielder Aaron Rowand can expect to see even more playing time.

"It's a possibility that I'll do that," Manuel said.

Thats exactly what I hate about Manuel's coaching. He never goes out and makes a decision, he never stays consistent, and is gutless. Everything is a "possibility" to him. Maybe for once he should go out and upset some players and put them on the bench full time. The fact that Canseco is still getting ABs is a joke, he has no future here and we are out of the race. Every AB he takes from Rowand or Liefer upsets me more and more. Lief doesn't look great, but I'd rather him take the swings the final few weeks than a guy that has ZERO purpose of playing.

Jerry_Manuel
09-10-2001, 06:39 PM
The fact that Canseco is still getting ABs is a joke, he has no future here and we are out of the race. Every AB he takes from Rowand or Liefer upsets me more and more. Lief doesn't look great, but I'd rather him take the swings the final few weeks than a guy that has ZERO purpose of playing.

While I agree that Canseco shouldn't be playing becasue he won't be here, Manuel is trying to win games. (Yes I know he isn't a good manger, yada yada yada...) In my book there is no point of playing Liefer to see what he can do. We know what he can already. Plus lets just say for the sake of arguement that he hits well, are you going to trade Paul Konerko to make room for Jeff Liefer? No you are not. Are you going to trade Carlos Lee to make room for Jeff Liefer? I know Carlos is slumping and can scare you in the outfield the answer is again no.

Singleton is taking away at-bats from Rowand not Canseco. Or I guess you could say that since Carlos has been in a funk that Rowand could play left with Chris in center. But that doesn't help, yes it gets him playing time but if Aaron is in the Sox future plans in center then play him there.

KempersRS
09-10-2001, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

While I agree that Canseco shouldn't be playing becasue he won't be here, Manuel is trying to win games. (Yes I know he isn't a good manger, yada yada yada...) In my book there is no point of playing Liefer to see what he can do. We know what he can already. Plus lets just say for the sake of arguement that he hits well, are you going to trade Paul Konerko to make room for Jeff Liefer? No you are not. Are you going to trade Carlos Lee to make room for Jeff Liefer? I know Carlos is slumping and can scare you in the outfield the answer is again no.

Singleton is taking away at-bats from Rowand not Canseco. Or I guess you could say that since Carlos has been in a funk that Rowand could play left with Chris in center. But that doesn't help, yes it gets him playing time but if Aaron is in the Sox future plans in center then play him there.

I don't want to trade Konerko or Lee to make room for Liefer, ever. But maybe Lief can be a good lefty off the bench in years to come. Or maybe we can package Lief with someone else to get somebody. I do not want Lief to be a starter on this team. We also know exactly what Singleton is capable of, so lets figure out what Rowand can do now. Perry doesn't even play much anymore, but if he even gets one more start this season, it is a sin. Sit Manos for the majority of the remaining games, we don't need him now, get him healthy. That way Crede will have plenty of time at third with exception to a weekly Perry start perhaps.

Iguana775
09-10-2001, 07:28 PM

I don't want to trade Konerko or Lee to make room for Liefer, ever.

if that happens, i will have to borrow some of daver's heavy artillery and take out the WS front office. lol :)