PDA

View Full Version : Which fans SHOULD be panicking this early?

Baby Fisk
04-13-2004, 09:59 AM
Yes, it's early, and I'm feeling good about the Sox after the first six games. We could be a lot worse off, so I'm wondering which team's fans should deservedly be panicking this early in the season?

SEALgep
04-13-2004, 10:06 AM
I said Seattle, because I believe there were more expectations here in competing for the division. They still can, but this is a hole that you don't want to be in to start the season. The Phillies are another, who were probably considered more runaways for the division, so not a good start for them either. I have an AL bias though, lol.

Railsplitter
04-13-2004, 10:21 AM
Toronto. If some of these teams wearing black were around 100 years ago, they'd probably be called the Mourners or Undertakers.

1951Campbell
04-13-2004, 10:24 AM
Philly. Expectations are--now maybe "were"--high around here.

Nick@Nite
04-13-2004, 10:37 AM
... any team that has fans going to the airport when the game is rained out to boo landings is in trouble ... seriously, these guys are great on paper, but is it toilet paper? Ask Larry Bowa around Memorial Day.

chaerulez
04-13-2004, 12:01 PM
At least Atlanta figured they would suck after Javy and Sheff left. And the fact that Hampton and Ortiz don't scare anyone.

So I would say it is Philly because they were thinking playoffs finally after getting Wagner and Milton.

jeremyb1
04-13-2004, 03:13 PM
I vote for none. Its waaaaaay too early.

mann
04-13-2004, 05:07 PM
Seattle. I live here, and it's not too early. They have huge defensive question marks on what is built as a defensive team and the bats are too old to bail them out of very many. This team is in trouble and everyone here suddenly 'knew they were going to suck'. Long year for the M's.

SoxxoS
04-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Flub fans with that

a)Damn curse

b)Prior's elbow/achilles

c)Not having back to back winning seasons in 30 years (or whatever)

d)Maddox isn't the Maddox of '96 the fans were expecting.

e)Houston and St. Louis are tough teams, and Cincy is no slouch.

f)They lost serieses to the Reds and Pirates.

Baby Fisk
04-13-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Flub fans with that

a)Damn curse

b)Prior's elbow/achilles

c)Not having back to back winning seasons in 30 years (or whatever)

d)Maddox isn't the Maddox of '96 the fans were expecting.

e)Houston and St. Louis are tough teams, and Cincy is no slouch.

f)They lost serieses to the Reds and Pirates.

When the Cubs are toiling around .425 in September, we will all sit back and wonder what all the pre-season panic was about. And then we'll laugh and laugh and laugh as the Sox clobber their way to the ALCS. :D:

owensmouth
04-13-2004, 05:31 PM
The Yankees. Steinbottom let his starting staff leave and some of the imports are verrrrrry shakey.