PDA

View Full Version : It's green indeed

A.T. Money
04-13-2004, 08:35 AM
They are doing interviews inside the park, and all that old blue padding in the park is now that dark green. Even in the dugouts.

SEALgep
04-13-2004, 08:55 AM
I can't wait, I think that alone is going to make the park look a lot better. With all the changes last year, this year, and what they plan to do, this park is going to look pretty nice. That homerun porch sounds pretty cool, if they indeed plan on doing that.

DrummerGeorgefan
04-13-2004, 08:58 AM
they just showed the magnetic calendars on fox and those are even green...are they going to wear the st. pat's uniforms all year?

SEALgep
04-13-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by DrummerGeorgefan
they just showed the magnetic calendars on fox and those are even green...are they going to wear the st. pat's uniforms all year? Lol, no but they are going to have a Halfway to St. Patty's Day promotion. They are going to give away green hats and have a mini parade on the field. Also green beer. It's in September, I think the 16th? Sounds like fun, and another excuse to get pounded. Whoa, look at that guy. Hey, dooooon't you judge me (huge belch), it's halfway to St. Patty's Day.

HITMEN OF 77
04-13-2004, 09:27 AM
I like what I see, the green is a return to tradition. The St Pats day thing sounds like a lot of fun. Might have to fly back for that occasion.

1951Campbell
04-13-2004, 09:32 AM
The news Phils' Park must be horrible. After all, the seats are blue.

MRKARNO
04-13-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by 1951Campbell
The news Phils' Park must be horrible. After all, the seats are blue.

It's newness doesn't make it a good park. I think that Petco is a better ballpark. I dont see anything special about Citizens Bank Park.

skottyj242
04-13-2004, 10:07 AM
Half way to St. Pat's is Septembet 17th, (exactly half way to St. Pat's.) They're playing Boston, and it's a Friday night. This is a huge "holiday" on the Southwest Side but I'll enjoy it much more at the ball park.

eriqjaffe
04-13-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
It's newness doesn't make it a good park. I think that Petco is a better ballpark. I dont see anything special about Citizens Bank Park.

Citizens Bank will always get a more favorable nod, since it's replacing Veterans Stadium. That alone makes it a good park. ;)

Cubbiesuck13
04-13-2004, 03:11 PM
I think the new stadium is great. I wish they would have done it to begin with. Wow

A.T. Money
04-13-2004, 04:30 PM
The only thing they need to do now is the inevitable. Change the blue seats to green to match the park.

It would be cool to see them use the remaining dollars from this year to do it this season. While we are on the road, they can do parts at a time.

Cubbiesuck13
04-13-2004, 04:33 PM
green seats-stage 5????

rmusacch
04-13-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Lol, no but they are going to have a Halfway to St. Patty's Day promotion. They are going to give away green hats and have a mini parade on the field. Also green beer. It's in September, I think the 16th? Sounds like fun, and another excuse to get pounded. Whoa, look at that guy. Hey, dooooon't you judge me (huge belch), it's halfway to St. Patty's Day.

My guess is that it would be September 17th considering March 17th is St Patrick's Day. :)

Jerko
04-13-2004, 06:02 PM
It was a great game today, AND THE SEATS ARE STILL BLUE! How could that be? You can actually enjoy yourself at a park with no green seats!?!?!? Just like the other 4 green seat threads going on right now,

:threadsucks

too.

batmanZoSo
04-13-2004, 06:13 PM

I'm the exact opposite. I think Petco Park is gimmicky and it looks like a minor league park in center. I absolutely love the Philles park.

A.T. Money
04-13-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
It was a great game today, AND THE SEATS ARE STILL BLUE! How could that be? You can actually enjoy yourself at a park with no green seats!?!?!? Just like the other 4 green seat threads going on right now,

:threadsucks

too.

I was just making an observation of the park. You're the only one who likes the blue anyway...

OurBitchinMinny
04-13-2004, 06:21 PM
Green seats would be fine, but it doesnt really matter. I liked comiskey before all the changes. Im sure the changes are great, but Id rather they put more money into the team.

Kroozah
04-13-2004, 06:25 PM
what difference does the color of the seats, no one sees them if there are people sitting in them.. :D:

MRKARNO
04-13-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Jerko

The blue seats look out of place. Time for Green seats. :smile:

cheeses_h_rice
04-13-2004, 06:32 PM
Watching the highlights on the 6pm news, I have to say the park just looks really different -- like another ballpark -- with that green padding on the OF wall.

Weird. (But good.)

batmanZoSo
04-13-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Watching the highlights on the 6pm news, I have to say the park just looks really different -- like another ballpark -- with that green padding on the OF wall.

Weird. (But good.)

If they do replace the seats it should be the same green-black as the other stuff. So it would look more like our uniforms and not be copying the hunter green everyone else has.

soxnut
04-13-2004, 06:58 PM
From observing on tv, the green makes a huge difference to me. The green padding is much easier on my eyes. It looks like a normal ballpark now. And I can concentrate on what is going on on the field, instead of thinking how awful that blue padding looked.

As for green seats, I'd love it. But I would rather they spend the money on others things first. Such as: tearing down the ramps, a separate building for offices, new White Sox HOF/Museum and gift shop, year-round restaurant, and maybe a coffee shop for the red-line patrons, as well as more outfield decor to add more character to the park--without making it too gimicky.

batmanZoSo
04-13-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by soxnut
From observing on tv, the green makes a huge difference to me. The green padding is much easier on my eyes. It looks like a normal ballpark now. And I can concentrate on what is going on on the field, instead of thinking how awful that blue padding looked.

As for green seats, I'd love it. But I would rather they spend the money on others things first. Such as: tearing down the ramps, a separate building for offices, new White Sox HOF/Museum and gift shop, year-round restaurant, and maybe a coffee shop for the red-line patrons, as well as more outfield decor to add more character to the park--without making it too gimicky.

They need to do something about the paintings on the back of the billboards. The American flag is way too big and they need to upgrade their park logo. They should design a nice logo for the park and put a neon sign of it where the big flag is now.

soxnut
04-13-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
They need to do something about the paintings on the back of the billboards. The American flag is way too big and they need to upgrade their park logo. They should design a nice logo for the park and put a neon sign of it where the big flag is now.

Yeah they do need to upgrade the logo. And the sign is a great idea. I don't think doing that would take too much of a chunk out of the budget.

Nick@Nite
04-13-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
The American flag is way too big

Say it ain 't so. :smile:

batmanZoSo
04-13-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Nick@Nite
Say it ain 't so. :smile:

You're not in the Toby Keith patrol are you? :smile:

Cubbiesuck13
04-13-2004, 08:16 PM
The American flag is way too big

Congrats! your the first person I have heard complain about an American flag being too big. I disagree, but your opinion (not you specificly and your opinion specificly, naturaly) is why people fight and die for that flag.

OurBitchinMinny
04-13-2004, 08:56 PM
What was wrong with the blue? Yankee stadium has blue padding and its a decent stadium

soxnut
04-13-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by ChisoxfaninMinny
What was wrong with the blue? Yankee stadium has blue padding and its a decent stadium

I just don't find it to be easy on the eyes. I find it distracting. A darker blue might be less distracting, but for some strange reason, I feel better looking at green. I suppose it's some sort of psychological thing :(:

CubKilla
04-14-2004, 09:43 AM
The blue seats look out of place. Time for Green seats. :smile:

I was never one to harp on the color of the seats. But after being at yesterday's game with the new forest green, gray, and black color scheme, the blue seats now look awkwardly out of place. Forest green seats are now in order.

Jerko
04-14-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
I was just making an observation of the park. You're the only one who likes the blue anyway...

I never said I liked blue, green, yellow, orange, or the old Astro coloring. I just don't think it matters enough to warrant 30 threads on here EVERY time a schedule, website, or parking pass winds up with a tint of green in it. As for the walls yesterday at the opener, to me it just looked like they covered the old padding with green bedsheets. Then again, I didn't care enough to go over it with a fine tooth comb either. All I am saying is people shouldn't be distracted from the game or enjoy themselves any less because the seats and walls don't match.

joecrede
04-14-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Kroozah
what difference does the color of the seats, no one sees them if there are people sitting in them.. :D:

Absolutely correct. However, as Blair Kamen pointed out in his review of the renovations, countless number of people get an up close view of the park when games aren't going on just driving on the expressway (is there a park in the country that gets as many such "looks"?), so it's important that the park look good.

From Rozner's column today:

It was the newly painted green fence, and the rumor that the blue seats would be replaced, this summer or next winter, with the old familiar green, a la the demolished Comiskey Park.

Is it possible to replace 40,000+ seats over an 11-day span at the All-Star Break say?

Brian26
04-14-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
Is it possible to replace 40,000+ seats over an 11-day span at the All-Star Break say?

I was thinking about this last night. Who says all of the seats have to be replaced at the same time?

Hypothetically, the White Sox could replace a couple of sections of seats during every road trip this summer. There's no rule that says the color change has to happen all at once. Maybe they could start with the outfield, and then work their way around the lower deck, and finally finish with the upper deck. This could occur over the course of 6 or 7 road trips over the summer months. Not entirely out of the question at all.

soxnut
04-14-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
I was thinking about this last night. Who says all of the seats have to be replaced at the same time?

Hypothetically, the White Sox could replace a couple of sections of seats during every road trip this summer. There's no rule that says the color change has to happen all at once. Maybe they could start with the outfield, and then work their way around the lower deck, and finally finish with the upper deck. This could occur over the course of 6 or 7 road trips over the summer months. Not entirely out of the question at all.

That very well could happen. I would hope that if they do replace seats, that they would put some on an angle like they have at the BOB.

mweflen
04-14-2004, 05:03 PM
YES....

especially seats down the line in "Lower Reserved"

I sat in 151 for about 10 games last year, and the 70 degree neck craning gets a bit painful after a few innings...

However, I don't see how they can change the angle without changing the concrete that underlies each row of seats.