PDA

View Full Version : Cell ranked 7th among MLB parks...

Bisco Stu
04-13-2004, 12:52 AM
for being vegetarian friendly, this according to PETA (a real popular group on this board, I'm sure).

Good to hear, and further supports my contention that the Sox have always represented the liberal, progressive side of Chicago, while the Flubs represent the reactionary state of mind.

This also could lead to a new slogan for Wrigley

GET YOUR COLON CANCER HERE!!!

faneidde
04-13-2004, 01:26 AM
PETA sucks.

And as for the White Sox being progressive, I agree, they were pinching pennies forever, while others were spending freely. Now, most teams are cheap like our beloved Sox.

SoxxoS
04-13-2004, 01:43 AM
Is beer vegetarian?

Hokiesox
04-13-2004, 07:21 AM
As one of the most progressive voices on the PI board, I can say this: I cannot stand PETA. They're awful.

hsnterprize
04-13-2004, 07:29 AM
I can't stand PETA either, but at least Susan Carlson mentioned that when she was interviewing a chef from the ballpark this morning. She was happy...she's a vegetarian.

samram
04-13-2004, 07:55 AM
What's so progressive about PETA? They basically want to force people not to eat meat- in other words tell people how to live their lives. Not exactly the promotion of freedom one would associate with progressive politics.

Dadawg_77
04-13-2004, 08:15 AM
Did anyone see Pen and Teller's Bull**** show on Showtime about PETA?

1951Campbell
04-13-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by samram
What's so progressive about PETA? They basically want to force people not to eat meat- in other words tell people how to live their lives. Not exactly the promotion of freedom one would associate with progressive politics.

Forcing people to pay exorbitant taxes to fund the utopia of others...now that's the promotion of freedom!

The Big Squirt
04-13-2004, 08:42 AM
Everyone who supports PETA should have to watch Penn and Teller's episode on them. Heck, PETA isn't that far off from Al Queda and Bin Laden.

SEALgep
04-13-2004, 08:51 AM
When a PETA representative was interviewed, he only had good things to say about what we offer for food. I'm not saying I like the organization, but this guy wasn't trying to get them to stop selling hotdogs, although I'm sure he would like it if we did. He was just positive to the fact that we offer an alternative to the fans. I have no problem with an alternative, and the fact that they commended us for it, only speaks well of the Sox. I for one enjoy any good publicity, even if it's about our food. If PETA likes what we've done, all the better they say so.

samram
04-13-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by 1951Campbell

Forcing people to pay exorbitant taxes to fund the utopia of others...now that's the promotion of freedom!

I'm not sure how you got the message that I think some people shoud pay high taxes to fund other's lifestyles- I don't think people should have to pay any income taxes at all. I will say this: If PETA had their way, meat consumption would be taxed to the point where no one could afford it.

SEALgep
04-13-2004, 09:03 AM
I'm not sure how you got the message that I think some people shoud pay high taxes to fund other's lifestyles- I don't think people should have to pay any income taxes at all. I will say this: If PETA had their way, meat consumption would be taxed to the point where no one could afford it. That is stupid. Being a vegetarian, which I'm not, is one thing. Telling people they can't eat meat is something else.

woodenleg
04-13-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by The Big Squirt
Everyone who supports PETA should have to watch Penn and Teller's episode on them. Heck, PETA isn't that far off from Al Queda and Bin Laden.

I don't like PETA either, but that is ridiculous. Penn & Teller haven't been much less subjective lately.

Anyway, I'm glad they have the veggie burgers, because I'm vegetarian, and they're actually not bad.

cheeses_h_rice
04-13-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by 1951Campbell

I pay "exorbitant" taxes for others' utopia of war...now that's the promotion of freedom!

Railsplitter
04-13-2004, 09:09 AM
Where's that guy in the suit with the downturned thumb when you really need him?

samram
04-13-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
That is stupid. Being a vegetarian, which I'm not, is one thing. Telling people they can't eat meat is something else.

I didn't say being a vegetarian is wrong or bad. If that's what you wish to practice, it's none of my business. I'm half-Indian and most of my relatives on that side are vegetarians and perfectly healthy. I'm only saying that PETA would like to force their beliefs on others, not that all vegetarians do. Most vegetarians probably couldn't care less what other people eat.

cheeses_h_rice
04-13-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
Where's that guy in the suit with the downturned thumb when you really need him?

Thread moved to Parking Lot in 5...4...3...

Dadawg_77
04-13-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Thread moved to Parking Lot in 5...4...3...

Nah, PI.

Dadawg_77
04-13-2004, 09:27 AM
I'm not sure how you got the message that I think some people shoud pay high taxes to fund other's lifestyles- I don't think people should have to pay any income taxes at all. I will say this: If PETA had their way, meat consumption would be taxed to the point where no one could afford it.

It was just Campbell assessment of what the progressive movement means.

Stoky44
04-13-2004, 11:04 AM
Here is what P.E.T.A. means to me:

P eople for E ating T asty A nimals

faneidde
04-13-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
Where's that guy in the suit with the downturned thumb when you really need him? :threadsucks
There you go. I couldn't agree more.

chaerulez
04-13-2004, 12:11 PM
Yeah, screw PETA.

When I go to the Cell the only food on my mind is a lot of beer and a lot of hot dogs or polish.