PDA

View Full Version : who are you most pleased with so far?

habibharu
04-12-2004, 01:32 PM
who has pleased you the most?

na_na_na_na
04-12-2004, 01:38 PM
I've gotta go with mags. I expected him to tear it up this season but he is really taking advantage of hitting in the three hole.

MRKARNO
04-12-2004, 01:46 PM
I said Garland because he really showed me something in his first start, getting out of that jam at Yankee Stadium.

But PK and Buehrle also deserve mention

TornLabrum
04-12-2004, 01:48 PM
Garland because this is the third consecutive season I've said this would be his breakout year. He showed me a lot the other day.

Paulwny
04-12-2004, 01:51 PM
Not on the list, I'm going with Ozzie. It's still early but I expected he was a disaster waiting to happen., he's kept his cool., and damn has he created a new Frank ( sliding at home).

Nick@Nite
04-12-2004, 01:52 PM
... it's Miguel Olivo. He's hitting, and his defense is great (as usual).

munchman33
04-12-2004, 02:00 PM
PK

poorme
04-12-2004, 02:14 PM
konerko or guillen

tebman
04-12-2004, 02:30 PM
Gotta love PK. It's a day-and-night difference between
last season and already this season.

- tebman

maurice
04-12-2004, 02:37 PM
:?:

The current results of this poll are extremely disturbing. I voted for Buehrle (1.23 ERA and 0.95 WHIP in two starts), but Ordonez (1.185 OPS, 3 HR, 10 RBI) would be a good choice also. Notwithstanding his 7 walks, Garland was good in his one start as well.

So, how is it that Konerko (.871 OPS, 0 HR, 3 RBI) has more votes than Buehrle and Ordonez combined?!?

yadosoxfan
04-12-2004, 02:37 PM
i have to go with ozzie, who has made this team play hard in all 6 of their games so far. he has brought a new life to the team

TaylorStSox
04-12-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by maurice
:?:

The current results of this poll are extremely disturbing. I voted for Buehrle (1.23 ERA and 0.95 WHIP in two starts), but Ordonez (1.185 OPS, 3 HR, 10 RBI) would be a good choce also.

How is it that Konerko (.871 OPS, 0 HR, 3 RBI) has more votes than both of these guys combined?!?

I think it's because alot of people expected MB and Maggs to be doing that. After all, they've always been solid. Any postives Konerko brings to the table are a bonus.

I voted for Garland. IMO he's the key to our season. Plus, I'm one of the few that still thinks he has ace potential. I'd love for him to succeed.

SoxxoS
04-12-2004, 02:41 PM
So, how is it that Konerko (.871 OPS, 0 HR, 3 RBI) has more votes than Buehrle and Ordonez combined?!?

Because Buehrle and Ordonez are EXPECTED to put up numbers. Pauly has been a pleasent suprise, b/c he was horrible last yeat. So he is the most pleasing.

jeremyb1
04-12-2004, 02:41 PM
I'll go with Paully. He looks much better than he did in the first half last season. Its really too early to say for anyone but in particular its too early to evaluate the pitchers based on one or two outings. Garland is my boy but he walked way too many against the Yankees. You can argue that he "battled" and overcame the walks but as much as anything he was probably lucky. I expect him to continue to pitch well but not with that type of control.

poorme
04-12-2004, 02:42 PM

Because he sucked big time last year and appears to be much improved.

NonetheLoaiza
04-12-2004, 02:46 PM
gotta be maggs. playing in a contract year trying to show that he deserves good money. he tore it up in spring and has been tearing it up in the regular season so far. hes a hitting machine.

maurice
04-12-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Because Buehrle and Ordonez are EXPECTED to put up numbers.

I guess so . . . but (IMHO) given Konerko's ridiculous contract, veteran status, etc., he also should be expected to be very productive.

Buehrle has definitely exceeded my expectations thus far. His numbers were in stready decline the past three years, but lately he's really moving the ball around, changing speeds well, and pitching like a Cy Young candidate.

It's also great to see Ordonez come out of the gate strong. IIRC, he's often a slow starter who turns it on in the second half. This could be the beginning of a monster contract year.

SoxxoS
04-12-2004, 02:52 PM
This could be the beginning of a monster contract year.

:reinsy

"Great. KW...what were you saying...Reed, Anderson and who?"

mweflen
04-12-2004, 05:48 PM
Jon Garland is the guy who needs to step up the most... otherwise it's going to be a looooong year, hitting aside.

Which is why his start was so gratifying - both the jam-escape and then the DOMINANT innings that followed.

Please, Jonny, 15+!

faneidde
04-12-2004, 05:59 PM
Carlos Lee. To me, 6 games is way too small of a sample to be looking at stats and seeing who is performing. I chose Carlos for one simple reason, that slide against NY that broke up the double play. Lee flew down to second and flew into the NY 2nd basemen (whose name escapes me right now). That is the kind of play that the Sox never made last year. If it continues, I think CWS runs away with this division, assuming of course Detroit stops this scoring 10 runs a game garbage.

ode to veeck
04-12-2004, 06:01 PM
Ozzie

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-12-2004, 06:04 PM
garland. i expected maggs, konerko, elo, and burlymon to put up numbers like the ones they're currently putting up.

soxfan26
04-12-2004, 07:01 PM
burlymon. Two strong outings in KC and NY. He should be 2-0 but ah well...

RKMeibalane
04-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Either Konerko or Garland. Both of them have done exactly what they needed to do to start this season.

Railsplitter
04-12-2004, 09:02 PM
Konerko, especially in light of his bad start last year.

flo-B-flo
04-12-2004, 09:07 PM
The whole thing. The play. The hustle. The pitching. The hitting. Every thing. A break here or there, a good homestand and it will be a rarity: The Sox will have a good start. I'm just not writing about winning the division either. The yankers looked like they had all wanted from the Sox. This series with kansisissy will be signifcant even though its early. GO-GO SOX!!!!!!! :)

Frankfan4life
04-12-2004, 10:56 PM
I voted for Garland because the Sox have to have good starting pitching. But if Willie Harris' name was there, I would have voted for him. I'm happy when someone who wasn't expected to do well, proves me wrong. I think Harris is proving to be an aggressive player and a pretty decent fielder. He stilll needs to show that he can play consistently good baseball and I think he will.

I am also pleasantly surprised by Konerko and Olivo. Maggs and Buehrle don't surprise me a bit. I know they're going to be good.

batmanZoSo
04-12-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Garland because this is the third consecutive season I've said this would be his breakout year. He showed me a lot the other day.

Ditto all around.