PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 4/12/04


Hangar18
04-12-2004, 11:48 AM
The Sox actually outdid the cubs in Stories yesterday.....
8-6 hurrrah.
Today however, slip very Badly 11-5 and are now nearly 150 stories behind the leaders ...........

Chicago Cubune:
7 cub stories
2 sox stories

Chicago Cub-Times:
4 cub stories
3 sox stories

Cubs 349
SOX 206

Fridaythe13thJason
04-12-2004, 11:50 AM
I'm banking on tomorrow being a big day. I don't think the Sox will get the 150-0 edge they need to catch, but it will get close.

SoxxoS
04-12-2004, 12:20 PM
Which would have more coverage:

Loaiza no-hitter

---or-----

Prior saying he can now "throw off a mound"

??

Fridaythe13thJason
04-12-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Which would have more coverage:

Loaiza no-hitter

---or-----

Prior saying he can now "throw off a mound"

??

Let's not get silly. The no-hitter would clearly have more coverage...if you ask the same question with a complete game shutout two hitter, you might have a valid question.

Hangar18
04-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by UICJason
Let's not get silly. The no-hitter would clearly have more coverage...if you ask the same question with a complete game shutout two hitter, you might have a valid question.

No it wouldnt ...............a Sox No-hitter would be hidden over the "RETURN OF MADDUX" & "Homecoming King, Maddux returns"

Fridaythe13thJason
04-12-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
No it wouldnt ...............a Sox No-hitter would be hidden over the "RETURN OF MADDUX" & "Homecoming King, Maddux returns"

It's a no-hitter. I would bet my entire life that it would take top headlines. Don't take this fascination with the media into a delusion.

Hangar18
04-12-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by UICJason
It's a no-hitter. I would bet my entire life that it would take top headlines. Don't take this fascination with the media into a delusion.

Ive been watching this False Institution we call the Chicago Media for quite some time now............Dont Overestimate them.
This is the same City in which little Darren Baker got a full-page, color photo too, story on what his thoughts were on the upcoming season. If I remember correctly, we were picking up Kenny Lofton

Scotty347
04-12-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by UICJason
Don't take this fascination with the media into a delusion.

I think its a little too late for that.

steff
04-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
No it wouldnt ...............a Sox No-hitter would be hidden over the "RETURN OF MADDUX" & "Homecoming King, Maddux returns"



So Greg is gonna be the headline for TWO days.. Wana bet Henry...??

Brian26
04-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
If I remember correctly, we were picking up Kenny Lofton

We had Lofton in early 2002.

Baker came to Chicago in 2003.

Hangar18
04-12-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
We had Lofton in early 2002.

Baker came to Chicago in 2003.

Anyone remember the big SOX story that everyone was talking about .....and little Darren got a story instead???

Brian26
04-12-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Anyone remember the big SOX story that everyone was talking about .....and little Darren got a story instead???

Don't sweat it, Hangar. The kid will be in jail by the time he's 15.

steff
04-12-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Anyone remember the big SOX story that everyone was talking about .....and little Darren got a story instead???


Sorry Henry but I bet most here don't even remember the DB story.. you're too obsessed over the Cubs. You sure you're a Sox fan...? :D:

SoxxoS
04-12-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by UICJason
Let's not get silly. The no-hitter would clearly have more coverage...if you ask the same question with a complete game shutout two hitter, you might have a valid question.

I was just kidding, I guess it should have been in teal.

kittle42
04-12-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by steff
Sorry Henry but I bet most here don't even remember the DB story.. you're too obsessed over the Cubs. You sure you're a Sox fan...? :D:

Henry may be a little over the top in his media posts, but I for one applaud his persistence in getting to the root of this media problem. I understand that plenty of us would rather just ignore the Cubs and focus on the Sox, but then the terrorists will have already won.

BearSox
04-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Anyone remember the big SOX story that everyone was talking about .....and little Darren got a story instead???

Colon mabye?

npdempse
04-12-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
The Sox actually outdid the cubs in Stories yesterday.....
8-6 hurrrah.
Today however, slip very Badly 11-5 and are now nearly 150 stories behind the leaders ...........


Hangar--your future wife was on 848 on WBEZ this morning. "Megan" was hanging at Jimbos when a reporter came in to interview Sox fans about how annoying all the Cubs hoopla is. She griped about the Cubs getting ten minutes on the news every night followed by "and by the way, the Sox played today."

Then they interviewed a couple of drunk guys just to reinforce the negative Sox image.

SoxBoy14
04-12-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Which would have more coverage:

Loaiza no-hitter

---or-----

Prior saying he can now "throw off a mound"

??

Front Page: Top CUBS SHOW GREAT EFFORT but lose

bottem of page in small font : Loaiza gets no-hitter