PDA

View Full Version : Parking Lots Open

blackjack29
04-12-2004, 09:21 AM
Does anyone know what time the main parking lots open on opening day? We're looking to get down there very early to start tailgating.

Jerko
04-12-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by blackjack29
Does anyone know what time the main parking lots open on opening day? We're looking to get down there very early to start tailgating.

I believe for the opener it's 2 hours before gametime, and it's usually an hour and a half the rest of the year. If you can, go to chisox.com, they have some opening day "suggestions" on the site and I am pretty sure tailgating is covered. I'll see if I can find a link and repost it here.

Try this:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_press_release.jsp?ymd=20040408&content_id=697290&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp[/URL]

If the link doesn't work, the lots open 2 hours before gametime for the opener.

SoxFan78
04-12-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by blackjack29

I know they always say two hours before hand, but I have swore, I have gotten down there for opening day and cubs/sox games well before the two hours and the gates have been open. I plan on getting down there early tomorrow!

CubKilla
04-12-2004, 09:46 AM
1 1/2-2 hours is a rule of thumb. The lots open, really, whenever there is a parking lot attendant willing to go out and start allowing cars to park in whichever lot he/she is working.

The lot that is directly west of USCF which goes south from 35th St. usually is open for business before 10 on Opening Day..... and is open for business about 2 1/2-3 hours before game time on all other days.

BeerHandle
04-12-2004, 09:53 AM
my ticket rep said 10 a.m.

Jerko
04-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
my ticket rep said 10 a.m.

Figures. The official website and an employee of the team don't even say the same thing.

TornLabrum
04-12-2004, 11:27 AM
The parking lots generally open two hours before game time. It is the GATES that generally open 90 minutes before game time. (This has nothing to do with tomorrow, but I'm not going, so it doesn't matter to me.)

Jerko
04-12-2004, 11:43 AM
From chisox.com (for what it's worth) re: opening day:

Fans should arrive at the ballpark early to avoid traffic. Tailgating is permitted in Lots A - F, which open two hours before game time. Gates to the ballpark also will open two hours prior to game time.

rcescato
04-12-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
The parking lots generally open two hours before game time. It is the GATES that generally open 90 minutes before game time. (This has nothing to do with tomorrow, but I'm not going, so it doesn't matter to me.)

Yes they generally open 2 hours before the game. On sold out games like opening day or the flub games they have been opening the gates 3 hrs before. Last year we got here at 10 am
and the first lot was almost full already.
Rich

steff
04-12-2004, 12:32 PM
FWIW.. last year we were there and let in at 11am on opening day. It depends on how many folks are in line. Shouldn't be an issue to get in by 10 am.