PDA

View Full Version : ABC-7 feels outside pressure, Agrees to Broadcast from US Cell tomorrow!


Hangar18
04-12-2004, 09:02 AM
Good news for SOX fans and the continued fight for the teams survival. ABC7 will now join FOX as the only 2 stations to
broadcast live for the Opener. This is very good news........

Hangar18
04-12-2004, 09:17 AM
The Following TV stations are broadcasting the OTHER opener
today. Interesting to see if the preaching they do for "equal unbiased" coverage holds water.
FOX-32
CBS-2
WGN-9
NBC-5
ABC-7
WTTW-11 (bob sirott, buffoon made an excuse to get 11 there)


The following RadioStations are also there today......

SOX FLAGSHIP ESPNam1000
WSCR -670
WGN-720
Q101-Mancow (what the heck is he doing there?)
TheZone
WXRT

Dick Allen
04-12-2004, 09:23 AM
Mancow is there for the same reason all the other yahoos are there-he wants to be seen.

CHISOXFAN13
04-12-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Dick Allen
Mancow is there for the same reason all the other yahoos are there-he wants to be seen.

Not sure who listens to Mancow, but when Chris Jericho (geez, talk about wanting attention) started chanting who's going to win the World Series, Terd started chanting White Sox, WHite Sox, White Sox.

Pretty good stuff.

mantis1212
04-12-2004, 09:30 AM
Mancow is such a tool, I'd be embarrassed if he showed up at the Cell tomorrow...

Fridaythe13thJason
04-12-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Not sure who listens to Mancow, but when Chris Jericho (geez, talk about wanting attention) started chanting who's going to win the World Series, Terd started chanting White Sox, WHite Sox, White Sox.

Pretty good stuff.

I saw Chris Jericho at a White Sox game a few years ago.

Fridaythe13thJason
04-12-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
The Following TV stations are broadcasting the OTHER opener
today. Interesting to see if the preaching they do for "equal unbiased" coverage holds water.
FOX-32
CBS-2
WGN-9
NBC-5
ABC-7
WTTW-11 (bob sirott, buffoon made an excuse to get 11 there)


The following RadioStations are also there today......

SOX FLAGSHIP ESPNam1000
WSCR -670
WGN-720
Q101-Mancow (what the heck is he doing there?)
TheZone
WXRT

I know I haven't been back here long but what in the world is the Zone? Is that old people crap music?

SoxFan78
04-12-2004, 09:37 AM
WGN-9 isn't going to be broadcasting from Comiskey tomorrow? What a surprise!

Hangar18
04-12-2004, 09:42 AM
Great to see Bruce "Cubby" Wolf in Cub Jacket, and Hat today.
Jay Moronotti and Bruce LevineLine are now at Goose Island.
mentioned in passing the SOX could still make the world series,
but didnt elaborate.

DMarte708
04-12-2004, 09:44 AM
The following RadioStations are also there today......

SOX FLAGSHIP ESPNam1000


And the newest hire on our alleged flagship station: RYAN SANDBURG. His job, of course, is to cover the Cubs. These guys just keep trying to stick it to Reinsdorf.

Fridaythe13thJason
04-12-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Great to see Bruce "Cubby" Wolf in Cub Jacket, and Hat today.
Jay Moronotti and Bruce LevineLine are now at Goose Island.
mentioned in passing the SOX could still make the world series,
but didnt elaborate.

Can we just wait until tomorrow for god's sake? They're broadcasting for the Cubs' home opener in Wrigleyville? Do you expect them to talk the Sox there? That would be silly, especially in the first 15 minutes.

When Dan and Terry are at the Cell tomorrow, do you want them to talk about the Cubs during their opening? Probably not.

If you want to criticize something, how about the fact that a new baseball "analyst" for ESPN1000 is a current Cubs employee! Now, that's ridiculous.

CubKilla
04-12-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by UICJason
I know I haven't been back here long but what in the world is the Zone? Is that old people crap music?

A new hard rock station on 94.7 FM

BeerHandle
04-12-2004, 09:59 AM
Hangar - Who radio stations are going to be at the Sox Opener?

CubKilla
04-12-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
Hangar - Who radio stations are going to be at the Sox Opener?

I know The Zone will be at "Cork and Kerry" on Western tomorrow AM for the Sox Opener because JR bulldozed and has refused to allow businesses to build near his publically-funded Albatross.

thepaulbowski
04-12-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Great to see Bruce "Cubby" Wolf in Cub Jacket, and Hat today.
Jay Moronotti and Bruce LevineLine are now at Goose Island.
mentioned in passing the SOX could still make the world series,
but didnt elaborate.

Actually Bruce Wolf talked about last week how he is a Sox fan and "Would dress up like Andy the Clown and sit in the very last row of Comiskey Park just to see a White Sox World Series game."

iwannago
04-12-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Good news for SOX fans and the continued fight for the teams survival. ABC7 will now join FOX as the only 2 stations to
broadcast live for the Opener. This is very good news........

Do you know if this is a national ABC telecast or just local?

Hangar18
04-12-2004, 10:24 AM
:smile: ABC-7 Locally. Wolf said he would Dress like Andy the Clown?
Now that I would like to see................How Cool would that be?
:smile:

DMarte708
04-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by iwannago
Do you know if this is a national ABC telecast or just local?

National ABC telecast? No way in hell.

ewokpelts
04-12-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by DMarte708
And the newest hire on our alleged flagship station: RYAN SANDBURG. His job, of course, is to cover the Cubs. These guys just keep trying to stick it to Reinsdorf.

Ryno's not as bad as Moronotti.
Gene

ewokpelts
04-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
I know The Zone will be at "Cork and Kerry" on Western tomorrow AM for the Sox Opener because JR bulldozed and has refused to allow businesses to build near his publically-funded Albatross.

They could have gone to punchinello's(as suggested by hangar).
Gene

TornLabrum
04-12-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by DMarte708
And the newest hire on our alleged flagship station: RYAN SANDBURG. His job, of course, is to cover the Cubs. These guys just keep trying to stick it to Reinsdorf.

Who is Ryan Sandburg?

cheeses_h_rice
04-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Who is Ryan Sandburg?

I think he's friends with Jose Valentine, Scott Shoenweis, and Aaron Rowland...

:)

DMarte708
04-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Who is Ryan Sandburg?

I'm sorry, RYNE Sandburg. :D:

bobj4400
04-12-2004, 11:42 AM
Who is Chris Jericho?

CHISOXFAN13
04-12-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by DMarte708
I'm sorry, RYNE Sandburg. :D:

Third time the charm?

Fridaythe13thJason
04-12-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by DMarte708


I'm sorry, RYNE Sandburg. :D:

You should be sorry one more time.


Originally posted by bobj4400
Who is Chris Jericho?

A WWF Wrestler

bobj4400
04-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by UICJason

A WWF Wrestler

Than I am happy that I had no idea who the guy was...

Fridaythe13thJason
04-12-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by bobj4400
Than I am happy that I had no idea who the guy was...

...and I am happy I know how to spell.

Just kidding. If you're gonna dig on me, then you get one back. :smile:

jabrch
04-12-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by bobj4400
Than I am happy that I had no idea who the guy was...

http://www.wwe.com/images/standard-repository/pvotd/1259789

He is far prettier than this...

kittle42
04-12-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
http://www.wwe.com/images/standard-repository/pvotd/1259789

He is far prettier than this...

OK....you're Lobo! You want to get through that door....

wolcott10
04-12-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by UICJason
I saw Chris Jericho at a White Sox game a few years ago.

Last year, The Rock threw out the first pitch at a Sox game. I think it was sometime in September.

Hangar18
04-12-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by wolcott10
Last year, The Rock threw out the first pitch at a Sox game. I think it was sometime in September.

Yes, it was, and E! was covering him for another reason, and happened to be on the field, and showed him throwing out the Pitch and the Scoreboard in the background. I like how they said he was throwing a pitch at a major league game, but didnt mention the White Sox ............

bc2k
04-12-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Good news for SOX fans and the continued fight for the teams survival. ABC7 will now join FOX as the only 2 stations to
broadcast live for the Opener. This is very good news........

What or who pressured ABC into covering the Sox opener? Isn't it possible that they made that decision on their own, without any outside pressure?

steff
04-12-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Yes, it was, and E! was covering him for another reason, and happened to be on the field, and showed him throwing out the Pitch and the Scoreboard in the background. I like how they said he was throwing a pitch at a major league game, but didnt mention the White Sox ............


Henry.. you're making a fool of yourself. I saw the E! True Story on him and they most definitley DID say he was throwing out the first pitch at the WS game and had footage of him signing autographs on the club level.

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

MisterB
04-12-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
What or who pressured ABC into covering the Sox opener? Isn't it possible that they made that decision on their own, without any outside pressure?

:giangreco
"Actually it was my idea."

Brian26
04-12-2004, 12:54 PM
As long as that crazy-ass Roz Varon stays away from the Cell, we'll be fine.

Lip Man 1
04-12-2004, 12:59 PM
DMarte says: "These guys just keep trying to stick it to Reinsdorf.

Yea isn't it great !

Lip

Hangar18
04-12-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by steff
Henry.. you're making a fool of yourself. I saw the E! True Story on him and they most definitley DID say he was throwing out the first pitch at the WS game and had footage of him signing autographs on the club level.



This isnt the E! TRUE story Im talking about, it was a "blurb" on whats happening with certain hollywood stars. They talked about his movie, and said "we asked the ROCK what he thought of his new movie, opening soon (or something to that effect)"
They said "we caught up with the ROCK, who was in Chicago to promote the Opening of his movie" Of course, they showed him throwing the 1st Pitch, and showed the SOX in the background and the scoreboard

Fridaythe13thJason
04-12-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
This isnt the E! TRUE story Im talking about, it was a "blurb" on whats happening with certain hollywood stars. They talked about his movie, and said "we asked the ROCK what he thought of his new movie, opening soon (or something to that effect)"
They said "we caught up with the ROCK, who was in Chicago to promote the Opening of his movie" Of course, they showed him throwing the 1st Pitch, and showed the SOX in the background and the scoreboard

And what in the world are you complaining about then? It was a blurb...man, fight the battles that matter.

ewokpelts
04-12-2004, 01:21 PM
last years episoe of e wind on chicago featured teh asg and the cell...no wrigley fluff.....they also featured one of my fav band and i should be in the broadcast too(at the show).
Gene

hsnterprize
04-12-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Good news for SOX fans and the continued fight for the teams survival. ABC7 will now join FOX as the only 2 stations to
broadcast live for the Opener. This is very good news........ Hey Hangar...you didn't forget CBS 2 (or should I say, CuBS 2) is broadcasting from the Cell on Tuesday...did you? I already told you...the executive producer of the morning show e-mailed me and told me the show would have coverage from the Cell on Tuesday.

TommyJohn
04-12-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
DMarte says: "These guys just keep trying to stick it to Reinsdorf.

Yea isn't it great !

Lip

And Reinsdorf is sticking it right back to them by giving the Score
interviews and not backing out of the contract that ESPN wants
out of so badly. Good for him, let him stick it right back at those
slimeballs.

batmanZoSo
04-12-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by UICJason
I know I haven't been back here long but what in the world is the Zone? Is that old people crap music?

The Zone is basically q101's format but you take away the soft stuff...Coldplay/Dave Matthews and the occasional hip hop...Eminem/Outkast...and you add Aerosmith, ACDC, Led Zeppelin. It's basically new hard rock with classic mixed in.

.

Viva Magglio
04-12-2004, 10:17 PM
NBC 5 will be having live coverage from the Cell tomorrow morning just as they did from Wrigley today. On today's edition of "NBC 5 News Today," they only mentioned their planned coverage of the happenings at USCF every ten minutes.

Also, the Score's Boers & Bernstein will be live from Puffers (3356 South Halsted) to celebrate our opening day.

DrummerGeorgefan
04-12-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
As long as that crazy-ass Roz Varon stays away from the Cell, we'll be fine.

You guys think the stations will send their cutie "I love the cubbies" reporters out to the cell or give us the hard nose investigative reporters

JC456
04-12-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
The Following TV stations are broadcasting the OTHER opener
today. Interesting to see if the preaching they do for "equal unbiased" coverage holds water.
FOX-32
CBS-2
WGN-9
NBC-5
ABC-7
WTTW-11 (bob sirott, buffoon made an excuse to get 11 there)


The following RadioStations are also there today......

SOX FLAGSHIP ESPNam1000
WSCR -670
WGN-720
Q101-Mancow (what the heck is he doing there?)
TheZone
WXRT

Where's the traitor Fred Hubner tomorrow. Not at the 35th station like he was today at the Addison for the Flubs. the entire SCR staff are Flub fans and I spit at them all.

Chumps all of them!!!!

blueeyes33
04-12-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
They could have gone to punchinello's(as suggested by hangar).
Gene

yeah.ch 9 came and interviewed someone from punchinello's on being the bigest cubs fan on the southside.ididnt see it on the news yet.


hangar...you drink at punchinellos? whats yourname?

doublem23
04-13-2004, 02:11 AM
Also, WHOI News, centered in Peoria or Bloomington (one of the cities down here) was at Wrigley today, too, for coverage, though, I think a lot of that also had to do with the fact that Greg Maddux is one of the locals' pride and joy since he is a former Peoria Chief.

hellenicsoxfan
04-13-2004, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by JC456
Where's the traitor Fred Hubner tomorrow

Hubner is the Alan Colmes of sports talk radio. Claims to be a Sox fan but sits there gutlessly as all things Cubbie are shoved down his throat and up his backside.

Ladies and gentlemen, Fred Hubner, your tool of the week.

TommyJohn
04-13-2004, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by JC456
Where's the traitor Fred Hubner tomorrow. Not at the 35th station like he was today at the Addison for the Flubs. the entire SCR staff are Flub fans and I spit at them all.

Chumps all of them!!!!

I expectorate more from you.

Fridaythe13thJason
04-13-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by hellenicsoxfan
Hubner is the Alan Colmes of sports talk radio. Claims to be a Sox fan but sits there gutlessly as all things Cubbie are shoved down his throat and up his backside.

Ladies and gentlemen, Fred Hubner, your tool of the week.

Actually, he's paying his dues. He's the big time junior partner to Murph, as that is really Murph's show. He, nor Murph, get to make decisions on remotes. They go where producers tell them.

munchman33
04-13-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by UICJason
Actually, he's paying his dues. He's the big time junior partner to Murph, as that is really Murph's show. He, nor Murph, get to make decisions on remotes. They go where producers tell them.

So what you're actually saying is HE IS A TOOL. :D:

Fridaythe13thJason
04-13-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by munchman33
So what you're actually saying is HE IS A TOOL. :D:

What I'm saying is he has an AWESOME job. I'd pay my dues for a while too, if I knew I could stay in sports talk radio for my career. He would be a MORON to ruffle feathers. He'd find himself without a job like Les, or doing a weekend show no one listens to.

Someday, he'll be a top guy (he hopes) and then he can do what he wants. I imagine you don't walk around your workplace saying and doing whatever the heck you want.