PDA

View Full Version : PaleHoseGeorge/FarWest

dimaisback
09-10-2001, 03:57 PM
How come you have a "bases stolen" countdown for the Choice, which is a pretty obscure record when compared to Joe DiMaggi's 56-game hitting streak? I am talking about the front page of WSI, right-hand column...

Jerry_Manuel
09-10-2001, 04:17 PM
Because some people had said that Royce was a better baserunner then Jose.

Soxboyrob
09-10-2001, 04:39 PM
I think this Royce/Choice crap is an ignorant way to run this site. I love the Sox and wish they had a better SS, but he's nowhere near the only or the main reason that they are where they are right now.

He was terrible in April and May and shouldn't have been getting anywhere near the playing time that he did. Who's fault is it that he sucked? His. Who's fault is it that he was given unlimited opportunity to hurt this team? NOT HIS.

Considering that he's been damned near our best hitter over the past 3.5 months, the crap on the front page of this site is ridiculous, mean-spirited and downright dumb. Is it reflective of the general feelings of Sox fans? I don't really think so. This board has clearly shown that there are several people that are actually fans of what he's done w/ the team and plenty of others that are feeling somewhat neutral(myself) toward what he's done. It instead appears to be reflective of the people running this site, which is fine, I guess, if that's the image you're trying to portray.

There are several factors that have lead to this "lost" season and I mean SEVERAL, beside Royce. Why those running this board feel the need to continuously run the man down is beyond me. I look forward to a day when we have a superstar SS, but can we move on from running the guy into the ground and instead concentrate on why we have a team of relief pitchers that can't get guys out and players that can't catch the ball?

doublem23
09-10-2001, 04:55 PM
God! We're like 9 games behind the Tribe, we have absoletulety NO chance to return to the postseaon, barring the Indians' team plane crashes (and even then...), so we want to have some fun? Who's been the butt of the jokes this season?

:hitless

Was there really any doubt that this would happen? We're fed up with this whole miserable season! Don't try to stop us from having fun! It's a joke. Welcome to planet Earth, were the people in charge usually get to propogate their opinions. Just so happens FarWest and PHG are pro-Manos.

You are right in saying it wasn't Clayton's fault that A) we suck and B) he could never be bad enough to play himself out of the lineup, but hey, does that take away from the hilarity of the joke.

Man. I'm about as ultra-liberal as they come, but this is one case of political correctness going to far! :)

doublem23
09-10-2001, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
can we concentrate on why we have a team of relief pitchers that can't get guys out?

IN a word? Injuries have crippled the pen. Okay, that's like 5 words but my point stands.

:hitless
I could have gotten Vizquel out yesterday!

See? All in good fun!

FarWestChicago
09-10-2001, 05:53 PM
Welcome to planet Earth, were the people in charge usually get to propogate their opinions. Just so happens FarWest and PHG are pro-Manos.
Hey, don't include me in this. I bailed out on this whole issue Saturday. I won't even participate in the "official" threads. I only keep the Manos thing in my signature because it's always been there and I feel I've at least earned the right to have a signature around here.

Daver
09-10-2001, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I only keep the Manos thing in my signature because it's always been there and I feel I've at least earned the right to have a signature around here.

I think you have anyway,and if someone don't like it I will gladly challenge them to elephant guns at a thousand paces and we will see who wins.

voodoochile
09-10-2001, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by daver

I think you have anyway,and if someone don't like it I will gladly challenge them to elephant guns at a thousand paces and we will see who wins.

Not that want to duel over this issue (especially with Daver (I may be crazy, but I am NOT stupid))... FWC can do anything he wants on this site...

But how far does an elephant gun shoot?

FarWestChicago
09-10-2001, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

FWC can do anything he wants on this site...

Heck, I wasn't asking to be a tyrant. I just want to keep the signature I've had since April. :)

Jjav829
09-10-2001, 10:15 PM
I just want to keep the signature I've had since April.

Hey keep the signature. People can argue about his defense or baserunning or whatever but I don't think you can argue his about his heart.

Soxboyrob
09-10-2001, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

You are right in saying it wasn't Clayton's fault that A) we suck and B) he could never be bad enough to play himself out of the lineup, but hey, does that take away from the hilarity of the joke.

Man. I'm about as ultra-liberal as they come, but this is one case of political correctness going to far! :)

Sorry guys.
It's not a matter of PC'ness to me. I just get sick of all the negativity about the guy. It doesn't seem like a joke at this point. It seems more like it's meant to rip the guy a new one. I just don't see what he's done to deserve it, that's all. If the guys that run this site don't like what he brings to the table, it's their prerogative to rip him. I guess this site advertises itself as "completely bias" so it shouldn't really surprise or upset me. But for some reason, it does. No big deal. Bygones.