PDA

View Full Version : One of "Those" guys

StockdaleForVeep
04-12-2004, 03:09 AM
In light of everyone bein sore at the joke north pulled on us with griffey(Laugh at what it was worth)

Was curious as to who is everyone's player that is one of "those" players that would just excite you and motivate you even more to cheer for the sox. Personally i fell off my seat when i was watchin espn a few years ago and the ticker said "White sox sign OF Jose Canseco" and had to watch horrid golf through 2 comericals to see it resay it. Im a big jose fan so this pumped me up and last year when we got alomar and i no longer needed to hold my breath every time a ball was hit to jiminez was another moment that psyched me for the team.

Be reasonable but be truthful, who could the sox get that would truly psyche you up because how u personally feel about the player, for me, maybe Jose lima now because we can always use another fast talkin hispanic on the team and its always fun to see sports center run highlights on him :)

Railsplitter
04-12-2004, 07:12 AM
During the Magglio Ordonez trade rumors over then winter, Nomar Garciapara was rumored to be heading our way. Better him than butcher boy Valentin.

RedPinStripes
04-12-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
In light of everyone bein sore at the joke north pulled on us with griffey(Laugh at what it was worth)

Was curious as to who is everyone's player that is one of "those" players that would just excite you and motivate you even more to cheer for the sox. Personally i fell off my seat when i was watchin espn a few years ago and the ticker said "White sox sign OF Jose Canseco" and had to watch horrid golf through 2 comericals to see it resay it. Im a big jose fan so this pumped me up and last year when we got alomar and i no longer needed to hold my breath every time a ball was hit to jiminez was another moment that psyched me for the team.

Be reasonable but be truthful, who could the sox get that would truly psyche you up because how u personally feel about the player, for me, maybe Jose lima now because we can always use another fast talkin hispanic on the team and its always fun to see sports center run highlights on him :)

Lima????????????? :?: I would like to see him come here just so they can drop him off on the west side and make it a reality show. "survivor".

SSN721
04-12-2004, 09:00 AM
For me I would have to say Carlos Beltran, Jose Vidro or Orlando Cabrera would all be players I would be very excited about having on this team.

bobj4400
04-12-2004, 09:16 AM
Anybody to play shortstop besides Manos.

thecell
04-12-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by bobj4400
Anybody to play shortstop besides Manos.

Royce Clayton?

WWIII
04-12-2004, 10:17 AM
How about Edgar Renteria.

RichFitztightly
04-12-2004, 11:42 AM
I was super-excited when the Sox signed Colon last year. That was by far the most excited I was for any opening day.

bobj4400
04-12-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by thecell
Royce Clayton?

Yes. At least we would only be paying him about 750k. Manos not only kills our pitchers, but he kills our payroll as well. Kenny Williams has done many good things, as well as many bad things, but nothing worse for the team this season than picking up that option on valentin.

Nick@Nite
04-12-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by RichFitztightly
I was super-excited when the Sox signed Colon last year. That was by far the most excited I was for any opening day.

Yup... same here... btw, he's 2-0 with an ERA of 0.64.

StockdaleForVeep
04-12-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by RichFitztightly

cant believe i forgot colon as well, he was always my "ok, on my fantasy team so i want him to throw 9 inning shutout against the sox and sox win in the 10th"