PDA

View Full Version : Sox Changing Colors........

joeynach
04-12-2004, 12:07 AM
In the mail i recently recieve a huge brochure from the sox. It was a big promotional thing plus a good attempt to get more season ticket holders. Anyway the whole thing is covered with that nice Dark Green. It came with a pocket schedule and the home games are donoted by the box being forest green. Now we see the sox site employ this green. If you look at the new renovation pics you can see that the new tiered fan decks have dark green seats, tables and chairs. Also if you look closely you can that they have done away with the dumb light blue padding around the playing field. The outfield wall, foul lines., and behind home have a new color. The pics are zoomked out too far to tell exactly what it is. Its either that dark green or a charcoal color. Either way it all looks great. I love the use of this dark green, especially over that electric blue garbage that was popular in the 1970's.

Jeremy
04-12-2004, 01:41 AM
also, if you look closely you can see a man behind the grassy knoll. :D:

I doubt the Sox would change to green, I wouldn't worry about it. It's the White Sox... so you have to go with White and it's contrasting colors... White/Black (mix them up, Silver).

The use of dark green around the ballpark gives it a retro look. green = old time baseball... don't ask why, it just does. Old Comiskey had the green seats... Wrigley has lots of green... obviously Fenway does. JR finally woke up and realized that the trend in baseball is retro.

joeynach
04-12-2004, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Jeremy
also, if you look closely you can see a man behind the grassy knoll. :D:

I doubt the Sox would change to green, I wouldn't worry about it. It's the White Sox... so you have to go with White and it's contrasting colors... White/Black (mix them up, Silver).

The use of dark green around the ballpark gives it a retro look. green = old time baseball... don't ask why, it just does. Old Comiskey had the green seats... Wrigley has lots of green... obviously Fenway does. JR finally woke up and realized that the trend in baseball is retro.

Its not the green so much i care for that been done over and over again. Its the blue i so much dont care for. I dont know why that light neon blue is so evident in our park. Its just hands down ugly. I would love to see a mix of more, black, silver, and charcoal colors in our park. The walls, the padding, all the frames, everything that can be painted should be painted to reflect our Sox colors'. Plus making things grey, black and charcoal is very modern.

Hangar18
04-12-2004, 08:53 AM
There is no color changing going on. Every year, the Promo dept picks a color scheme to go with, for the brochures etc

joeynach
04-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
There is no color changing going on. Every year, the Promo dept picks a color scheme to go with, for the brochures etc

And you know all this because? Do you work for the Sox, no? The color of the walls all around is no longer blue, its charcoal colered. You can see this from the renovation pics.

inta
04-12-2004, 05:28 PM
i wouldnt mind if the sox went with a really deep/dark blue for the seats like their old unniforms.

our current seats are a bit too close to cubbie blue.

Jerko
04-12-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by joeynach
And you know all this because? Do you work for the Sox, no? The color of the walls all around is no longer blue, its charcoal colered. You can see this from the renovation pics.

You can also see from the renovation pics that the SEATS ARE STILL BLUE! Don't think they'll turn green by Tuesday, unless the C in USCF stands for chameleon. Hangar is right, they change colors every year for parking stickers, passes, schedules, stadium club cards, etc. No, I don't work for the Sox, but I've been getting this stuff every year for years now and every year, it's a different color. NOTHING to do with the color of the seats.

DonkeyKongerko
04-12-2004, 05:36 PM
I can't tell from those pictures really, is there padding on the walls?? It looks to me like they are still unpadded and the blue stuff could just be in storage somewhere.

anewman35
04-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
Hangar is right, they change colors every year for parking stickers, passes, schedules, stadium club cards, etc. No, I don't work for the Sox, but I've been getting this stuff every year for years now and every year, it's a different color. NOTHING to do with the color of the seats.

It might be a sign of nothing, but on pocket schedules this year home games are shown as green squares, IIRC they've been black or silver every year since we changed to the black and silver color scheme in 1991.

Jerko
04-12-2004, 10:17 PM
I'm pretty sure the seats are still gonna be blue come Tuesday. I can't believe a green schedule this year was done in conjunction with what color the seats will be years from now.