PDA

View Full Version : Sports Illustrated Sox News

Lip Man 1
04-11-2004, 11:51 PM
Two interesting comments in Sports Illustrated on the Sox. It's the issue with Emeka Okifor on the cover. In the baseball section, page 86, taking about prospective free agent after this season.

Magglio Ordonez, RF, White Sox 30. "How they handle Ordonez will be an indicator of whether the White Sox are changing their mid-market approach."

(Lip says: Funny... good ole Uncle Jerry himself has called the Sox a 'small market' team.)

Jose Vidro, 2B, Expos 29. "The A's, Red Sox, Yanks and White Sox have a need at second, so expect Vidro to be traded by mid season. His new team may have an edge in re-signing him."

Lip

MRKARNO
04-11-2004, 11:53 PM
Well if the Bosox are in it, they will probably have a huge edge because the A's are financially strapped with their crappy ownership and getting Vidro might be pretty good, but I doubt we'd resign him.

batmanZoSo
04-12-2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Two interesting comments in Sports Illustrated on the Sox. It's the issue with Emeka Okifor on the cover. In the baseball section, page 86, taking about prospective free agent after this season.

Magglio Ordonez, RF, White Sox 30. "How they handle Ordonez will be an indicator of whether the White Sox are changing their mid-market approach."

(Lip says: Funny... good ole Uncle Jerry himself has called the Sox a 'small market' team.)

Jose Vidro, 2B, Expos 29. "The A's, Red Sox, Yanks and White Sox have a need at second, so expect Vidro to be traded by mid season. His new team may have an edge in re-signing him."

Lip

Expect Vidro in a Sox uniform this summer, then in a Red Sox uniform next year.

MRKARNO
04-12-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Expect Vidro in a Sox uniform this summer, then in a Red Sox uniform next year.

If we manage to get Vidro, I would assume that we would have gotten into the playoffs so maybe we could keep him with the added revenues

:reinsy

"So you actually think we'll have to money to resign Maggs and then sign Vidro? Who do I look like, George Steinbrenner?"

Hangar18
04-12-2004, 12:16 AM
Say, Jose Vidro in a SOX uniform looks good right now.
Then we can bench Harris, and use his valuable SPEED off the Bench, like were supposed to. wow, This Lineup sure
changes the SOX around much Better ..........Whew, thats a
Squad

2b Vidro
LF Lee
RF Ordonez
DH Thomas
1B Konerko
SS Valentin
3b Crede
CF Rowand
C Olivo

batmanZoSo
04-12-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Then we can bench Harris, and use his valuable SPEED off the Bench, like were supposed to. wow, This Lineup sure
Squad

2b Vidro
LF Lee
RF Ordonez
DH Thomas
1B Konerko
SS Valentin
3b Crede
CF Rowand
C Olivo

Vidro leading off? Maybe it's not such a good idea...

batmanZoSo
04-12-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
If we manage to get Vidro, I would assume that we would have gotten into the playoffs so maybe we could keep him with the added revenues

:reinsy

"So you actually think we'll have to money to resign Maggs and then sign Vidro? Who do I look like, George Steinbrenner?"

It's possible if we get rid of Valentin, Konerko and Koch. Cause others around the team are probably due for a pay raise themselves. Crede, Olivo, Garland...those add up.

We'd also have to hope Uribe could take over for JV and lead off. If he stops swinging for the fences he could do it.

\

DSpivack
04-12-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Well if the Bosox are in it, they will probably have a huge edge because the A's are financially strapped with their crappy ownership and getting Vidro might be pretty good, but I doubt we'd resign him.

Something tells me that Enrique Wilson won't be the Yankees starting 2B all season.

Why would the BoSox have an edge over the Yankees?

CWSGuy406
04-12-2004, 02:28 AM
Squad

2b Vidro
LF Lee
RF Ordonez
DH Thomas
1B Konerko
SS Valentin
3b Crede
CF Rowand
C Olivo

Vidro wouldn't lead off, in fact, if we trade for Vidro we have no true leadoff man, unless Rowand can take that spot, or put Willie in center. If Harris keeps playing this well, I see no reason to trade for a secondbaseman. Perhaps an upgrade at SS, or CF would be in store, but then again, its only a week into the season. Vidro would fit nicely into our lineup, though - you could put him anywhere from the number two hitter, or the number five, or six, or maybe seven, I guess it depends on how PK is doing.

I want another starter before Vidro, though.

akingamongstmen
04-12-2004, 12:55 PM
I think SS will be our greatest concern at the end of the season. I just don't see Jose playing well this year. Maybe Cabrera will be in our future???

delben91
04-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by akingamongstmen
I think SS will be our greatest concern at the end of the season. I just don't see Jose playing well this year. Maybe Cabrera will be in our future???

Bring back Jason Dellaero!!

DrummerGeorgefan
04-12-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by DSpivack
Something tells me that Enrique Wilson won't be the Yankees starting 2B all season.

I'm sure the Boss has a few dollars hidden to get a real second baseman. Although somewhat solid on defense, he is the weakest part of that starting lineup.

What smaller teams outside of the Expos have 2B they could part with for some cash and prospects

OurBitchinMinny
04-13-2004, 01:47 AM
Squad

2b Vidro
LF Lee
RF Ordonez
DH Thomas
1B Konerko
SS Valentin
3b Crede
CF Rowand
C Olivo

Still need to get a CF. And probably another starting pitcher