PDA

View Full Version : More then i expected.


RedPinStripes
04-11-2004, 09:41 PM
Not that I'm pleased with a .500 team, but i was telling some of my friends last week that i'd be happy with a split out of NY. 3 out of 4 would have been a lot better , but I wont complian. I thought the Yanks were going to kick our ass all weekend and all i saw was the Sox kicking their ass pretty good friday and Sat.

The only loss that really upset me so far was opening day. The Sox have been in every game this year. It's more then i expected when you look at that Yankee lineup. On paper the Sox dont stand a chance with them and i think bounced back pretty good from that opening day tragedy.

It's a long season. I just hope this team keeps this fight they have in them all year. So far i've noticed that this team doesnt quit. They just have to stop giving away runstwice a game. And someone patch that hole in Mano's glove. Hr's or not, errors kill.

It would be nice to see a team finally that will fight to the finish unlike the dead personality Manuel teams over the years. And beside opening day, Ozzie has done a pretty nice job managing. IMO

Hangar18
04-11-2004, 09:48 PM
Not Me. Were 3-3, sure thats ok and I'll take it.
But we should really be .........5-1.
Thanks to Billy Koch and Danny Wright, with a nod to Alleged Lead-Off hitter Willie Harris today, we had those games won. So forgive me for being a little upset with our record. I sure hope OZZIE lights them up a bit for being 3-3 when we couldve easily been the talk of the town with a 5-1 record. Instead, were going to hear a ton of nonsense about something else tomorrow. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Lets not Accept Mediocrity .............or we become like those other "fans" 8 miles north

RedPinStripes
04-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Not Me. Were 3-3, sure thats ok and I'll take it.
But we should really be .........5-1.
Thanks to Billy Koch and Danny Wright, with a nod to Alleged Lead-Off hitter Willie Harris today, we had those games won. So forgive me for being a little upset with our record. I sure hope OZZIE lights them up a bit for being 3-3 when we couldve easily been the talk of the town with a 5-1 record. Instead, were going to hear a ton of nonsense about something else tomorrow. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Lets not Accept Mediocrity .............or we become like those other "fans" 8 miles north

I'm not happy with average. For the schedule to start , i thought they'd be 2-4 at best. 3-3 isnt anything to complain about since now we have a chance to kick KC's ass at home.

HITMEN OF 77
04-11-2004, 10:12 PM
We could have been 2-4 or 1-5. 3-3 is not great but we are in the mix of things. Home cooking should do us good!

npdempse
04-11-2004, 10:13 PM
.500 is a GREAT road record. This team has always killed at home. If we can win half our games on the road this year, we'll RUN AWAY with our division.

Brian26
04-11-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Thanks to Billy Koch and Danny Wright, with a nod to Alleged Lead-Off hitter Willie Harris today, we had those games won.

It's tough to get on Willie's case when he had such a great game on Saturday. Let's give the kid a chance.

Hangar18
04-11-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I'm not happy with average. For the schedule to start , i thought they'd be 2-4 at best. 3-3 isnt anything to complain about since now we have a chance to kick KC's ass at home.

say red, i apologize, my post looks like im disagreeing with you, when in fact, i agree with ya, i just wish we were 5-1

joecrede
04-11-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Not Me. Were 3-3, sure thats ok and I'll take it.
But we should really be .........5-1.
Thanks to Billy Koch and Danny Wright, with a nod to Alleged Lead-Off hitter Willie Harris today

Marte?

RedPinStripes
04-11-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
say red, i apologize, my post looks like im disagreeing with you, when in fact, i agree with ya, i just wish we were 5-1

We should have argued. That would have given us more reason to drink beer on Tuesday. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :D:

You're going right?

Lip Man 1
04-11-2004, 10:25 PM
Considering who the Sox played I'll take 3-3 but that opening day loss keeps nawing at me. They could have been 4-2.

Lip

MRKARNO
04-11-2004, 10:29 PM
Ideally we're 5-1, but if you made the mere suggestion that we'd be 5-1 after the 6 games, I'dve laughed at you. 3-3 is what I expected and so we're in good shape coming into our home opener. Look at the Phillies. A ton of people are predicting WS for them but they started 1-5.

Hangar18
04-11-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
We should have argued. That would have given us more reason to drink beer on Tuesday. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :D:

You're going right?

Oh yeah, i'll have a posse with me too, will be fun. Over by
Steffs. The Campaign begins by Heading to PUFFERS for Morning Breakfast, then heading over to Jimbos to say hello. Then hitting Steffs area. I'll have the cell ph with me

VaSoxfan
04-11-2004, 10:34 PM
I agree with Hangar. I'm not satisfied. 3-3 is ok but it should be 5-1. A horrible blown lead on Opening Day and then miscues (walks and more Valentin errors) lead to unearned runs for NY today.

I refuse to accept mediocrity. And I don't understand the talk with "with the schedule I'm happy going 3-3." Huh? An overrated Royals team, who has stunk and played below .500 baseball since May of last year, and they are someone we regularly pounded into dust as well...is suddenly a challenge? The Yanks are good on paper but split with the woeful Devil Rays...and people thought we'd go into the Bronx and get killed?

This team is good, but not great...and they need to cash in and get wins when they have the opportunities, not give them away on silver platters.

WinningUgly!
04-11-2004, 10:40 PM
I'm happy with the 3-3 start, considering the teams we played & that all 6 games have been on the road. There are only 2 things that really bother me about what I've seen so far...

1) Pissing away what should have been an opening day win.
2) The loss today.

The loss today bothers me much more than the 1st game in KC, because the team bounced back & was able to take the next game from KC. Today's loss came when the Sox had a chance to take 3 out of 4 from the Yankees in NY! A huge series win like that could have really started things rolling for this team under Ozzie. Didn't we go through the same thing most of last season? How many times did the Sox blow games, when they were in a position to wrap up series wins? I seem to remember this team last year, constantly settling for series splits or losses, in situations like they were in today. There were several times last season, when the Sox had their opponents on the ropes & didn't seem to care if they finished them off or not. I had the same feeling today. Getaway days are a bitch! :D:

batmanZoSo
04-11-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by VaSoxfan
I agree with Hangar. I'm not satisfied. 3-3 is ok but it should be 5-1. A horrible blown lead on Opening Day and then miscues (walks and more Valentin errors) lead to unearned runs for NY today.

I refuse to accept mediocrity. And I don't understand the talk with "with the schedule I'm happy going 3-3." Huh? An overrated Royals team, who has stunk and played below .500 baseball since May of last year, and they are someone we regularly pounded into dust as well...is suddenly a challenge? The Yanks are good on paper but split with the woeful Devil Rays...and people thought we'd go into the Bronx and get killed?

This team is good, but not great...and they need to cash in and get wins when they have the opportunities, not give them away on silver platters.

The Royals had a fluke 9th and beat us once. If both series were 3 game sets (LIKE THEY SHOULD ALL BE) we'd be 4-2. If we continue to play like this we'll have no problem winning the Royals series and maybe sweep it. I definitely agree that they're overrated.

We only gave away one game. The other two losses we should've lost. I think a lot of people--definitely myself--formulated our 'happy with .500' opinion after opening day.

We did what was expected, we played the good team tough. The big test is winning both of the following series vs. KC and TB.

batmanZoSo
04-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!


1) Pissing away what should have been an opening day win.
2) The loss today.

:

My first second-guessing of Guillen is not taking out Wright at the beginning of the fifth. The way Cotts pitched, the Yankees would've stayed tied at 4 with us and we could've played for one run later.

RedPinStripes
04-11-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Oh yeah, i'll have a posse with me too, will be fun. Over by
Steffs. The Campaign begins by Heading to PUFFERS for Morning Breakfast, then heading over to Jimbos to say hello. Then hitting Steffs area. I'll have the cell ph with me

What time does Puffers open? Bores and Bernstien are supposed to be there that day. I'll shoot ya an email . I might meet ya up there in the am.

RedPinStripes
04-11-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by VaSoxfan
I agree with Hangar. I'm not satisfied. 3-3 is ok but it should be 5-1. A horrible blown lead on Opening Day and then miscues (walks and more Valentin errors) lead to unearned runs for NY today.

I refuse to accept mediocrity. And I don't understand the talk with "with the schedule I'm happy going 3-3." Huh? An overrated Royals team, who has stunk and played below .500 baseball since May of last year, and they are someone we regularly pounded into dust as well...is suddenly a challenge? The Yanks are good on paper but split with the woeful Devil Rays...and people thought we'd go into the Bronx and get killed?

This team is good, but not great...and they need to cash in and get wins when they have the opportunities, not give them away on silver platters.

Over rated? KC isnt great, but they'll be a pain in the ass this year.

Even if they split with The Rays, the Yanks are still a much better team. I'm happy with the split here, but i expect 2 out of 3 when we get them at home.

CubKilla
04-11-2004, 11:22 PM
Should we be 4-2? Definitely.

Could we have been 5-1? Sure.

But if you would have told me the Sox would be 3-3 for the Home Opener before the season started last week knowing we play KC and NYY on the road to begin the season, I'd have taken it.

Dick Allen
04-12-2004, 09:20 AM
Looking at the schedule ahead of time, would we accept a 3-3 record? Sure. But looking at how these games shook out, we damn well should have been 5-1. After one week, there are already 2 "should-have-been" wins. Winning teams keep these to a minimum, and we're already counting them after one week. I, for one, am NOT satisfied with 3-3.

doublem23
04-12-2004, 10:18 AM
If the Sox want to play .500 ball on the road, I'll take it.

anewman35
04-12-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Not Me. Were 3-3, sure thats ok and I'll take it.
But we should really be .........5-1.
Thanks to Billy Koch and Danny Wright, with a nod to Alleged Lead-Off hitter Willie Harris today, we had those games won. So forgive me for being a little upset with our record. I sure hope OZZIE lights them up a bit for being 3-3 when we couldve easily been the talk of the town with a 5-1 record. Instead, were going to hear a ton of nonsense about something else tomorrow. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Lets not Accept Mediocrity .............or we become like those other "fans" 8 miles north

Stop dreaming. We could be 6-0 and still not get any press today. We're off, it's their home opener - if there's one day of the year when there's no reason at all to be upset about the media coverage, it's today.

starboy0
04-12-2004, 11:57 AM
The opening day loss was a total fluke and yesterday's loss was due to Danny just not finding his spots and the Yankees should be able to take advantage of a 5th starter's mistakes.

BUT the team has been hustling out there and playing with heart. So I'll take the 3-3; we've been competitive.