PDA

View Full Version : "Giveaway" Games Sox Shouldve Won ......

Hangar18
04-11-2004, 09:29 PM
Its been a week barely, but we've already let 2 games get
away from us now. Im still a bit ticked we lost Today, we had that game
won. Im sorry, Wright did ok, as OK as a 5th starter is going to do, but man dang it, he NEEDED TO BEAR DOWN AND GO AFTER THE YANKS. And Timos at-bat..........Awful. Willie Harris shouldnt have batted, he was OverMatched, Swinging and missing Pathetically on 2 fastballs .............Hes a Bench Player that, if in the lineup, should Bat 9th. nothing more.

The Very Important Key for the SOX is to keep this number under 5. Last year for instance, our "GiveAway" totals (by my standards) were something like 14 or 15. BRUTAL.

Culprits in this game today were Wright, Harris, Perez Crede

Lip Man 1
04-11-2004, 10:30 PM
Hangar:

With respect I disagree with you on Sunday's game. Having a 3-0 lead after a half inning means nothing. It was far to early in the game to say the Sox should have won it.

Now as far as opening day...no question, that game was in the bank and it was snatched away.

One thing this first week has already proved is that the Royals and the Twins haven't lost their come from behind late touch. Both won two games late when they should have lost. The Sox still haven't shown that capacity yet. They had a chance late on Sunday but couldn't turn the trick.

We'll see if that continues.

Lip

ondafarm
04-11-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
The Very Important Key for the SOX is to keep this number under 5. Last year for instance, our "GiveAway" totals (by my standards) were something like 14 or 15. BRUTAL.

Good teams just don't do this at all. I think 14 or 15 is low for any year in the Jerry Manuel era.

Meixner007
04-11-2004, 10:38 PM

As long as you understand that we will win games that we aren't supposed to.

santo=dorf
04-11-2004, 10:43 PM
Its been a week barely, but we've already let 2 games get
away from us now. Im still a bit ticked we lost Today, we had that game
won. Im sorry, Wright did ok, as OK as a 5th starter is going to do, but man dang it, he NEEDED TO BEAR DOWN AND GO AFTER THE YANKS. And Timos at-bat..........Awful. Willie Harris shouldnt have batted, he was OverMatched, Swinging and missing Pathetically on 2 fastballs .............Hes a Bench Player that, if in the lineup, should Bat 9th. nothing more.

Culprits in this game today were Wright, Harris, Perez Crede

Keep an eye on my sig Hangar. I don't think this is a game in which we threw away. We didn't dominate NY like we did to KC in the opener. Danny Wrong looked so scared facing the Yankees lineup. How many of the batters he faced did he actually get in ahead in the count? How many first pitch strikes did Danny Wrong have?

MRKARNO
04-11-2004, 10:46 PM
:chickenlittle

Win1ForMe
04-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Hangar:

With respect I disagree with you on Sunday's game. Having a 3-0 lead after a half inning means nothing. It was far to early in the game to say the Sox should have won it.

I don't think it's just having an early 3-0 lead. We should have had at least another run on the board if Konerko uses his head and doesn't let the guy tag him in the 1st inning DP.

Also, the first run the Yanks scored was an unearned run due to Valentin's error. Had it not been for those two mistakes, we should have had a 5-4 lead.

I won't even getting into Rowand's pathetic bunt attempt with 2 on and nobody out in the middle innings.

We're still making mistakes in every game.

anewman35
04-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Win1ForMe
We're still making mistakes in every game.

Show me a baseball team that doesn't make mistakes in every game.

Dadawg_77
04-12-2004, 10:43 AM
The walks finally caught up to the Sox. If the Sox pitching keeps walking the amount of people they have in the first week, this will be a long season.

Paulwny
04-12-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Win1ForMe

I won't even getting into Rowand's pathetic bunt attempt with 2 on and nobody out in the middle innings.

This to me was a big factor, we had Mussina on the ropes and let him off. Torre would have had the pen going and Mussina was on a short leash.