PDA

View Full Version : How long before Cotts replaces Wright?

gogosoxgogo
04-11-2004, 09:12 PM
Granted it's only been limited action for both of them so far this season, but Cotts is really looking a lot better. It looks like he's learned how to throw strikes out there, and as the majority of Sox fans predicted, when he does that, he will be fine. Cotts has some great stuff, but I what I really like is his attitude out there on the mound. On the other hand, it looks like the same old stuff from Danny Wright. He continues to struggle to find the plate. I just don't think that we can afford to have both Wright and Schoeneweis in the rotation. Both of them scare me. I say we give Wright 2 more starts and if he continues to walk every other batter, HE GONE!

ND_Sox_Fan
04-12-2004, 12:04 AM
I'd like to see it next week. The worst thing is not getting ahead of hitters. Then when Danny does (once an inning), he tries to nibble around and gets hammered.

lowesox
04-12-2004, 01:46 AM
If I were a betting man, I'd gamble that he'd be replacing somebody else in the rotation... somebody who also throws lefthanded.

Irishsox1
04-12-2004, 10:00 AM
I've always thought that Danny would be a lot better out of the bullpen. It's not like I want him off the team, but in general, he would be better suited in the pen.

poorme
04-12-2004, 10:18 AM
Can someone tell me how Wright's velocity was? If he's not throwing 94-95, I think he's completely worthless.

fquaye149
04-12-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by ND_Sox_Fan
I'd like to see it next week. The worst thing is not getting ahead of hitters. Then when Danny does (once an inning), he tries to nibble around and gets hammered.

wait, so you want cotts?

bennyw41
04-12-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
I've always thought that Danny would be a lot better out of the bullpen. It's not like I want him off the team, but in general, he would be better suited in the pen.

I think putting Danny in the Bullpen is a bad move. Some one who has control problems, and tends to walk a lot of guys should not be coming in situations in the latter part of a game. At least when he starts, he has some time to get out of jams.

kittle42
04-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by bennyw41
I think putting Danny in the Bullpen is a bad move.

Danny Wright should be put in the bullpen - the Charlotte Knights' bullpen.

SSN721
04-12-2004, 11:05 AM
I just think back to last year when he was in the pen and would have a lot of good long relief stints. He always seems to pitch well as long as he doesnt have to pitch the first inning. Its too bad we cant put someone in for the first then put Danny in for the next six innings, I think he woul dbe fine then. I dont understand why he always gets so rattled from the first inning and then has problems for the rest of his start.

Foulke You
04-12-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by bennyw41
I think putting Danny in the Bullpen is a bad move. Some one who has control problems, and tends to walk a lot of guys should not be coming in situations in the latter part of a game. At least when he starts, he has some time to get out of jams.

Danny's role in the bullpen should be long relief. This way he wouldn't be coming into the game in tight situations late. Someone to make spot starts, or come into the game when the starter has gotten rocked or injured. I could see Wright becoming a Kirk McKaskill type pitcher.

habibharu
04-12-2004, 02:25 PM
get danny wrong out of here. i am tired of seeing him walk people! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

LoveTheSox
04-12-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by habibharu
get danny wrong out of here. i am tired of seeing him walk people! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Amen! He's only had one start and I'm tired of him walking batters. Perhaps it's too soon to pull him out of the rotation being that we are only a week into the season, but I don't think the sox can afford to throw away one out of every five starts. That's exactly what happens when you let Danny Wright get behind in a game.

Maybe Cotts isn't the answer, but I think his stuff is better than Wright's. Remember Ozzie...winning is fun...danny wright doesn't pitch well enough to win...so he isn't fun. Make Cotts the fifth starter, maybe we'll win and have more fun.

OurBitchinMinny
04-13-2004, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
Granted it's only been limited action for both of them so far this season, but Cotts is really looking a lot better. It looks like he's learned how to throw strikes out there, and as the majority of Sox fans predicted, when he does that, he will be fine. Cotts has some great stuff, but I what I really like is his attitude out there on the mound. On the other hand, it looks like the same old stuff from Danny Wright. He continues to struggle to find the plate. I just don't think that we can afford to have both Wright and Schoeneweis in the rotation. Both of them scare me. I say we give Wright 2 more starts and if he continues to walk every other batter, HE GONE!

Id give wright 2-3 more starts. See how he does outside of an intimidating Yankee stadium. With regards to cotts, is having 3 lefties in the rotation too many? Id like to see schoenweis out of there, but he did show me something keeping the sox in the game on last thursday.