PDA

View Full Version : Timo over Rowand?

TimoPerez
04-11-2004, 08:05 PM
Who do you guys think would be more productive on an everyday basis? Timo or Rowand? As you can tell by my name, I am a big fan of Timo. I have been throughout his entire career. Do you think a platoon of the two would work, with Timo playing against righties and Rowand against lefties, or would you rather see one of them play full time? Is there any chance that Timo will start at the home opener? Thank you.

soltrain21
04-11-2004, 08:06 PM
I like Timo, I like him alot. I think Rowand should be getting the shot right now, but I would think Ozzie will have him on a very short chain.

Daver
04-11-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by TimoPerez
Who do you guys think would be more productive on an everyday basis? Timo or Rowand? As you can tell by my name, I am a big fan of Timo. I have been throughout his entire career. Do you think a platoon of the two would work, with Timo playing against righties and Rowand against lefties, or would you rather see one of them play full time? Is there any chance that Timo will start at the home opener? Thank you.

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

TimoPerez
04-11-2004, 08:09 PM
I think that if Timo is given the chance to start, he can hit at least .300, with a .340-.350 OBP, and at least 25 stolen bases. If Harris falters in the leadoff spot, Timo could spot him there, and if they want to move Valentin down in the lineup, Timo has been an excellent 2 hitter throughout his career.

TimoPerez
04-11-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

Thank You! :smile:

A. Cavatica
04-11-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by TimoPerez
I think that if Timo is given the chance to start, he can hit at least .300, with a .340-.350 OBP, and at least 25 stolen bases.

If the Mets thought that, they wouldn't have traded him for Ginter.

I agree with the Mets. Timo is best suited to spot duty.

TimoPerez
04-11-2004, 08:25 PM
They traded him because they had too many outfielders and he was the only one able to be dealt at the time. They ended up getting lucky shortly after and found a taker for Roger Cedeno so Timo was unnecessarily traded. They would have started him but they wanted power from their rightfielder. He would probably hit about 12 homeruns in a season, but a platoon of Karim Garcia and Shane Spencer would hit about 25.

RedPinStripes
04-11-2004, 09:14 PM
It dont sound like it's going to happen anytime soon with the way Rooney, Farmer Hawk and DJ are promoting Rowand as a "great defensive CF" . He still sucks!

Hangar18
04-11-2004, 09:33 PM
Rowand made a very Heads-Up play in center today that wont show up in the standings. He got to one of Wrights many meatballs that was a sure double, and Cut it off with a sliding stop and able to GUN it back to 2nd, Limitng Sheffield to a Hard Single, and keeping Jeter on 3rd instead of Scoring. That was KEY at the time, and these are the LITTLE things that Win Ballgames. That was such an Excellent Play, and Too Bad Danny Wrong couldnt ManUp and gut this one out

RedPinStripes
04-11-2004, 09:44 PM
When are they going to give up on Danny Wrong? I've seen no progress in 4 years with this redneck.

Blueprint1
04-11-2004, 10:02 PM
Redneck? is that something we should be saying about someone?

RedPinStripes
04-11-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
Redneck? is that something we should be saying about someone?

I say it to Daver all the time.