PDA

View Full Version : Anyone read this crap?

Streets
09-10-2001, 02:06 PM
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/wiley/010910.html If you ask me, I'd rather have Bonds.

No-Neck
09-10-2001, 02:13 PM
Most persons I have spoken with wish that Mark McGwire's record will stand.

I would like to see Bonds get 69, move in front of samME but not McGwire.

doublem23
09-10-2001, 02:44 PM
I want Bonds to do it. He's the best player of this generation, he should leave his stamp on the game.

KempersRS
09-10-2001, 03:05 PM
Well, I don't want my Big Mac rookie card to go down in value, so I hope Bonds slumps.

FarWestChicago
09-10-2001, 04:09 PM
Most persons I have spoken with wish that Mark McGwire's record will stand. I would like to see the record held by a non-steroid user. Big Mac confessed he was using in his record year. Sammy, please, LOL!! Bonds is too selfish to use roids. I think he's clean. I think it's a travesty that baseball allows rampant steroid use.

Randar68
09-10-2001, 04:18 PM
I would like to see the record held by a non-steroid user. Big Mac confessed he was using in his record year. Sammy, please, LOL!! Bonds is too selfish to use roids. I think he's clean. I think it's a travesty that baseball allows rampant steroid use.

LOL!!! Baseball is one of the biggest jokes in this regards. Name one other professional sport where use of illegal drugs and performance enhancing substances is half as rampant as in baseball. You want to give pitchers an advantage, test for damn ROIDS! Don't bother raising the mound or calling the high strike. Actually test for illegal substance abuse like every other professional sport. It is an indication that baseball doesn't consider their players atheletes. If performance enhancing drugs aren't actively combated, baseball is essentially saying their sport isn't a sport.

Rob Dibble has estimated that more than 50% of players have used them. WHAT A JOKE!

Sorry, but I feel like these types of things are disgraceful and are a black eye on the sport. I feel very strongly about such and respect the hell out of players like Frank, Bonds, and many others who I believe do not use such substances. McGwire, Sosa, Griffey, Belle, etc are dispicable. Steroid use increases the likelihood, frequency, and incidence of recurrence of injuries such as muscle pulls and tears. Players like Sosa and Griffey and McGwire are all likely to have used such anabolic drugs.

arggggghhhh!

I hate roid-heads!!!!

FarWestChicago
09-10-2001, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

Sorry, but I feel like these types of things are disgraceful and are a black eye on the sport. I feel very strongly about such and respect the hell out of players like Frank, Bonds, and many others who I believe do not use such substances. McGwire, Sosa, Griffey, Belle, etc are dispicable. Steroid use increases the likelihood, frequency, and incidence of recurrence of injuries such as muscle pulls and tears. Players like Sosa and Griffey and McGwire are all likely to have used such anabolic drugs.

arggggghhhh!

I hate roid-heads!!!! It's cheating. Plain and simple cheating. And every other sport checks for it. In baseball it's celebrated.

:moron

Sammy is the greatest athelete in sports!

Randar68
09-10-2001, 04:26 PM
It's cheating. Plain and simple cheating. And every other sport checks for it. In baseball it's celebrated.

Exactly. Cheating has a long history in baseball....spit-balls, scuffing the ball, pine tar, corking bats, stealing signs. These things are all a part of the game. However, there is the threat of being caught and there are penalties for such. Steroid use, in baseball, is such a laughing matter that players don't even hide it!

It's equivalent to sewing in a nail file to the front of your uniform or having "CORKED" painted on the barrel of your bat.

doublem23
09-10-2001, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
It's equivalent to sewing in a nail file to the front of your uniform or having "CORKED" painted on the barrel of your bat.

:slowswing
Damn! Now where's that paint thinner?

FarWestChicago
09-10-2001, 04:47 PM
It's equivalent to sewing in a nail file to the front of your uniform or having "CORKED" painted on the barrel of your bat. Excellent analogy!

CerberusWG
09-10-2001, 05:05 PM
About the roids....

It's patehtic to see this in Baseball. Some people are very suspicious about if they used steroids (see Canseco), and Sammy doesn't want to talk about his Creatine use because he can't father any children.....;)