PDA

View Full Version : Is It Just Me..... Or.....

CubKilla
04-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Are Yankee fans just like Cub fans whenever one of their big boppers hits a flyball? Jesus..... I'm having ShamME hitting a infield fly pop out to the pitcher at Wrigley flashbacks here! :)

HomeFish
04-11-2004, 01:44 PM
I noticed that, but I think it's unfair to make a comparison. You DO see Yankee fans boo their own players when they deserve it, something you would NEVER see at Wrigley.

HomeFish
04-11-2004, 01:48 PM
Also, right now the Yankees are whipping us, so they have a RIGHT to cheer whenever the heck they want to.

soltrain21
04-11-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish
Also, right now the Yankees are whipping us, so they have a RIGHT to cheer whenever the heck they want to.

They are?

HomeFish
04-11-2004, 02:20 PM
They might as well be. There's no way we can make up that run the way we're playing.

voodoochile
04-11-2004, 02:22 PM

:troll

Paulwny
04-11-2004, 03:08 PM
Plenty of young kids at the game and as a rule they haven't learned to watch the out fielders to know how deep the ball is. You usually don't hear this at night games.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-11-2004, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I was scared when I heard the crowd errupt on an Arod fly ball until the camera panned out into the outfield.

SEALgep
04-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Also, right now the Yankees are whipping us, so they have a RIGHT to cheer whenever the heck they want to. They haven't whooped us once this year. Homefish, I wonder about you.

You either aren't a Sox fan, or you have negativity issues.

nasox
04-11-2004, 03:38 PM

Uhhh, dude, we whipped them. FYI

emaholic
04-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Also, if I remember correctly, on Friday when Frank Thomas hit a foul ball, a Yankee fan caught it and threw it back......

Railsplitter
04-11-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
Yeah, I was scared when I heard the crowd errupt on an Arod fly ball until the camera panned out into the outfield.

I never go by how the crowd reacts when I'm watching on TV. At the park, I watch outfielders.

CubKilla
04-11-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by emaholic
Also, if I remember correctly, on Friday when Frank Thomas hit a foul ball, a Yankee fan caught it and threw it back......

I'd be willing to bet that that was probably some tool Cub fan visiting NY who thought it was a HR.

Cub fan: What's this yellow pole for?

Jeremy
04-12-2004, 01:47 AM
you're right about the foul ball throw back.

Yankee fans aren't a lot like Cubs fans... they cheer for more than the first 3 innings... and most of them don't leave after the 6th inning just to make SURE they get into the bar that is directly across the street. Yankee fans do know baseball, albeit they are very arrogant.

If you saw them run onto the field, would you say they reminded you of White Sox fans? hahaha

voodoochile
04-12-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Jeremy
you're right about the foul ball throw back.

Yankee fans aren't a lot like Cubs fans... they cheer for more than the first 3 innings... and most of them don't leave after the 6th inning just to make SURE they get into the bar that is directly across the street. Yankee fans do know baseball, albeit they are very arrogant.

If you saw them run onto the field, would you say they reminded you of White Sox fans? hahaha

No, I would say they reminded me of flubbie fans drunk and looking to cause problems...

CubKilla
04-12-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
No, I would say they reminded me of flubbie fans drunk and looking to cause problems...

Especially if they're swinging a "Woods 34" jersey over their head while dropping their pants or wearing a blue hat w/a red "C" while attacking an umpire.

maurice
04-12-2004, 02:06 PM
They also go crazy when their guys gets a single with two outs and nobody on. By all means, root for your guy, but a standing ovation for a two-out single?!?

I'll give them some credit. I doubt they'd cheer at a HR replay, thinking it was a live feed.