PDA

View Full Version : Sox Related Random Thoughts 4/11/04

Hangar18
04-11-2004, 09:14 AM
Walked into a bar yesterday afternoon, with Ewokpelts, and the bartender noticed us wearing SOX stuff, she asked if we were fans. We said of course, and we hate that other team. SHe said "why are sox fans so brutal?", we replied that the Media loves them and are much too biased in their coverage of the flubbs. I told her if it werent for the media, would she know anything about the cubs? she wondered, and her sister, who was sitting at the bar, Said under those circumstances, she admitted to "Jumping on the Media Bandwagon".

Hangar18
04-11-2004, 09:22 AM
was very refreshing to hear 4 other Sox Fans in the bar, just talking baseball and having an afternoon drink. 12 people in the bar, and half are Sox Fans. Imagine that? If it werent for ME reporting this (ewoks a witness) would Anyone know there were SOX fans anywhere? thankfully, wsi allows us to get the word out, and expose the injustice :smile:

hose
04-11-2004, 09:39 AM
Hangar spread the word !! :D:

Hangar/Wilkes 2004

tlebar318
04-11-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by hose

Hangar/Wilkes 2004

I am spreading the Sox "gospel" here in Florida! A lot of Yankee fans down here so the last 2 days have been quite enjoyable--
the beer tasted extra good.. Beer Me! :gulp:

Brian26
04-11-2004, 11:15 AM
Hangar, how many nights/days a week are you at a bar? :D:

TornLabrum
04-11-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Brian26

From what I can tell, he's at a bar about 20/7. :D:

ewokpelts
04-11-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Brian26

That's where we agreed to meet up so i can give him his opening day tix. This also is the bar that had a "cub banner". I belive Henry was successful in getting them to take it down, for it wasnt there last night. Too bad they dont serve pbr there.
Gene

Brian26
04-11-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
That's where we agreed to meet up so i can give him his opening day tix. This also is the bar that had a "cub banner". I belive Henry was successful in getting them to take it down, for it wasnt there last night. Too bad they dont serve pbr there.
Gene

PM w/ the location if you have a chance. I'm curious. Maybe I'll give the establishment some of my money someday.

cheeses_h_rice
04-11-2004, 01:00 PM
I can picture Hangar walking into a strange bar, arms outstretched, saying "Sox be with you" to the gathered faithful (or unfaithful, as the case may be), touching people on the tops of their heads....

:)

ewokpelts
04-11-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I can picture Hangar walking into a strange bar, arms outstretched, saying "Sox be with you" to the gathered faithful (or unfaithful, as the case may be), touching people on the tops of their heads....

:)

a sox revival? it might just work...AMEN!
Gene

whitesoxwilkes
04-11-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by hose

Hangar/Wilkes 2004

The campaign kicks off Tuesday!

Drop on by the pre-game festivities...we'll shake your hand, kiss your baby and pose for pictures.