PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial SS Thread

Paulwny
09-10-2001, 12:15 PM
The other threads don't fit my out look. I think Clayton should be gone from the team for next year. I also don't want Jose's glove and arm at ss, get another ss, we need Jose's bat.

I and I believe a few others felt that Clayton was not the only reason the sox were losing at the beginning of the season and felt the constant criticism should ease off since his BA was back to his norm. For this we were labeled Clayton fans.

My choice, Clayton traded, Durham traded, Jose at 2nd, obtain another ss.

Soxboyrob
09-10-2001, 12:25 PM
It doesn't necessarily sound like a bad plan, but good shortstops aren't growing on trees right now. Who do you want and what do we give up to get him?

Personally, I'm willing to put up w/ the Valentin/Clayton mess if we'd go after a catcher like CJ or Kendall. We can no longer have Valentin at 3rd Base. That's a nightmare. Konerko is also a hacker at 1st Base. Lee should never again be let anywhere near LF. Those three things must must must be addressed before next season. We need to see what Lee can do at 1B and then deal whomever of Konerko/Lee is the worse fielder. If Crede isn't ready yet, he needs to be dealt and a better 3Bman needs to be acquired....I'm tired of waiting for this guy and Perry can't seem to stay healthy. Rowand to LF and either Singleton or Borchard or a nice Free Agent acquisition in CF would suffice. I like the looks of the pitching for next season.

Paulwny
09-10-2001, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
It doesn't necessarily sound like a bad plan, but good shortstops aren't growing on trees right now. Who do you want and what do we give up to get him?

Package Clayton and Durham and see what someone might give up. Then again with the possible but not probable elimination of teams in Fl. and Montreal there may a great deal of player movement.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-10-2001, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
The other threads don't fit my out look.... My choice, Clayton traded, Durham traded, Jose at 2nd, obtain another ss.

That's easy to solve. Put your reasons for trading Clayton under the official "SS CLayton should be benched/traded because..." thread. Similarly, put your reasons for moving Valentin under the official "SS Valentin should be moved/traded because..." thread. This is precisely why I labeled the headers that way!

Feel free to add your thoughts about trading Durham and who might be better at shortstop than either Clayton or Valentin. Those are valid reasons worth adding to the threads.

The idea is to separate opinions from reasons supporting opinions. So far it's been quite a success. Nobody has been attacked for anything, wouldn't you agree?

Paulwny
09-10-2001, 01:29 PM
Quite right PHG, no one is being attacked but I thought there would be more replies given the number of people who normally post.

Again any show of support given to Clayton labels one as a Clayton fan and anti Valentin and that's not necessarily true.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-10-2001, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Quite right PHG, no one is being attacked but I thought there would be more replies given the number of people who normally post.

The threads were started less than 24 hours ago and nobody could get in here. The site's server was down nearly all of last night. I couldn't even upload my updates.

The host server was being flooded by a goof who hopefully is now being introduced to a telephone book upside his head deep inside a secluded jail cell.

"Lucky we didn't get to him first!"
:sopranos

Daver
09-10-2001, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

The host server was being flooded by a goof who hopefully is now being introduced to a telephone book upside his head deep inside a secluded jail cell.

A sock full of buckshot is much more effective and the marks are much less visible.Not that I know from experience or anything.