PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Green seats!

kingpin_rcs
04-10-2004, 09:49 PM
New renovation pictures are up on the official site. Take a look at the fourth picture. Green seats. Not many - just a few in the new center field area. Shades of things to come?

MRKARNO
04-10-2004, 09:55 PM
The new fan deck in center looks really good and the park as a whole is starting to look right.

batmanZoSo
04-10-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by kingpin_rcs
New renovation pictures are up on the official site. Take a look at the fourth picture. Green seats. Not many - just a few in the new center field area. Shades of things to come?

Green and blue is a winning combination...just like brown and yellow.

A.T. Money
04-10-2004, 10:43 PM
Now you know for sure they will put in green seats next year.

batmanZoSo
04-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
Now you know for sure they will put in green seats next year.

Now that I really look at it, it looks the same color as the rest of fan deck..like a dark grey with a touch of green. It matches with the blue they have now. The only thing they need to do is paint the bleacher section.

duke of dorwood
04-10-2004, 10:53 PM
The park always looks good. Now that the upper deck is closed off from the outsise by glass panels, it will be comfortable too

Brian26
04-10-2004, 10:55 PM
The park looks sensational.

konerkopeachy
04-10-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
The park looks sensational.

Agreed. It's an aesthetic wonder.

soxnut
04-10-2004, 11:03 PM
In the photos, it also looks as though all of the padding has changed colors. The padding behind the plate looks grey, and so does the padding on the dugout railings.

soxnut
04-10-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Now that I really look at it, it looks the same color as the rest of fan deck..like a dark grey with a touch of green. It matches with the blue they have now. The only thing they need to do is paint the bleacher section.

Oh here we go again with your grey-green thing. Those seats in the fan deck ARE GREEN :D:

batmanZoSo
04-10-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by soxnut
Oh here we go again with your grey-green thing. Those seats in the fan deck ARE GREEN :D:

I said before that it all has a touch of green to it. But for all practical purposes the fan deck and fences and scoreboards look dark grey. The only time you can really see the green is if it's well lit and you're up close to it. On TV you cant argue that it looks blackish. If they were a true green it would look really bad with the seats.

Kilroy
04-10-2004, 11:15 PM
Just one thing about the long-standing complaint about the slope of the UD at USCF...

I've said this before 100 times, but look at this picture (http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2003/03/30/-big/252-Yankee-Stadium.jpg), and compare it to the last one on the Sox site in the April 5th renovation pics. Which one is more steep? How come we don't here about New Yorkers complaining about it?

cheeses_h_rice
04-10-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Just one thing about the long-standing complaint about the slope of the UD at USCF...

I've said this before 100 times, but look at this picture (http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2003/03/30/-big/252-Yankee-Stadium.jpg), and compare it to the last one on the Sox site in the April 5th renovation pics. Which one is more steep? How come we don't here about New Yorkers complaining about it?

:moron

You wouldn't expect me to actually report such truth, would you? My stock trade is slander, libel, inneundo, backstabbing, frontrunning, and being the Biggest Windsock in Chicago. If I were to report that hallowed Yankee Stadium had a more pronounced steep uppder deck than the Ballmall, that might actually be called "Fair and balanced reporting," and we can't have any of that!

:giangreco

Hey, are those seats blue, too? Who'da thunk?

soxnut
04-10-2004, 11:26 PM
I said before that it all has a touch of green to it. But for all practical purposes the fan deck and fences and scoreboards look dark grey. The only time you can really see the green is if it's well lit and you're up close to it. On TV you cant argue that it looks blackish. If they were a true green it would look really bad with the seats.

Well you're right about that. On tv it looks black. But I think the whole grey w/ a green touch is a precursor to what color the new seats will have, whenever that may be. I just like giving you a hard time. :smile:

soxnut
04-10-2004, 11:28 PM

More than likely, after 26 Worl Championships, there isn't that much to complaining about anything Yankee. :(:

A.T. Money
04-10-2004, 11:34 PM
The seats, scoreboard, and batter's eye is GREEN. When the sun beats on it, there is no doubt. Anyone who thinks it is not green is color blind.

It's that forest green color that changes when light shines on it.

soxnut
04-10-2004, 11:43 PM
The seats, scoreboard, and batter's eye is GREEN. When the sun beats on it, there is no doubt. Anyone who thinks it is not green is color blind.

It's that forest green color that changes when light shines on it.

Well I think it's green, but the batters eye does look black on tv when they are showing a view of the mound from behind home plate.

A.T. Money
04-10-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by soxnut
Well I think it's green, but the batters eye does look black on tv when they are showing a view of the mound from behind home plate.

Looks maybe, but it's not. When you see it in person there is no doubt.

soxnut
04-10-2004, 11:56 PM

Oh I know that. I've been to enough games to figure that one out. And I love that green color. :smile:

Huisj
04-11-2004, 12:32 AM

After watching the games today and on thursday at yankee stadium, I've got to say that I think it seems somewhat obvious that comiskey must have originally been modeled somewhat after yankee stadium. the little angled roof up on top of the massive upper deck is just like what comiskey had before this year's renovations. some things are just so similar it seems. obviously, the dimensions and shape of the footprint of the stadium aren't the same, but lots of the architectural ideas seem very similar.

and i also have to say that i think the cell looks a whole lot better than yankee stadium now. it looks fantastic in the new pictures.

batmanZoSo
04-11-2004, 12:42 AM

Well, that's just it. I just consider it dark grey because it looks that way 95% of the time. The only way you can tell it has green in it is if you're up close.

That would be a totally awesome color for the seats though I can tell you that much. No one else has it, they all have true greens or blues. No one has pink either, but this color would be unique and still have a classic appeal to it.

batmanZoSo
04-11-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Huisj
After watching the games today and on thursday at yankee stadium, I've got to say that I think it seems somewhat obvious that comiskey must have originally been modeled somewhat after yankee stadium. the little angled roof up on top of the massive upper deck is just like what comiskey had before this year's renovations. some things are just so similar it seems. obviously, the dimensions and shape of the footprint of the stadium aren't the same, but lots of the architectural ideas seem very similar.

and i also have to say that i think the cell looks a whole lot better than yankee stadium now. it looks fantastic in the new pictures.

When I first saw comiskey I thought it was supposed to be a duplicate of Yankee stadium. The only difference is Yankee is a lot more eccentric and has those big overhangs, which are a remnant of the old pole support structure. But the blue seats, the curviture, the white scoreboard structures around the outfield..well, we used to have that color.

joecrede
04-11-2004, 12:46 AM
The Cell looks terrific in those pics. Forget the home run deck in right, add seats behind the plate and maybe another row around the back of the lower deck if you have to. Most of all though get rid of as many of those concrete ramps as possible and change the seat color to forest green. They do that and it's a top 5 park.

BTW, check out the ridiculous upper deck at the BOB.

Link (http://www.dickiethon.com/~rhoma/games/bball/review/images/bob06.jpg)

Whitesox029
04-11-2004, 12:52 AM
Help me out here guys cuz I can't find any new pictures on the site for the life of me.

batmanZoSo
04-11-2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Whitesox029
Help me out here guys cuz I can't find any new pictures on the site for the life of me.

If you're talkin about renovation pics, there's a link right below the main flashing picture where the beat article always is....

Right below it there's a link that says "Renovations."

Thunderstruck30
04-11-2004, 01:17 AM
They also fixed the X behind the plate. Last year it looked like it said SOH.

IronFisk
04-11-2004, 01:39 AM

Look closely...that UD is MUCH closer to the action than at the Cell, and from how it looks, its probably lower - than the OLD Cell, not the NEW one. It also overhangs the field A LOT more.

Anyhow, the Cell looks incredible now - probably some exterior work left. NO green seats, but probably some "wimpy" 2nd balcony in right or left field.

Let's roll!

robertks61
04-11-2004, 12:32 PM
Remember when they were building New Comiskey, the media complained it was JR's answer to Ebbets Field.

Mohoney
04-11-2004, 05:20 PM

They have 26 reasons not to.

Rush20
04-11-2004, 06:51 PM
When I first saw comiskey I thought it was supposed to be a duplicate of Yankee stadium. The only difference is Yankee is a lot more eccentric and has those big overhangs, which are a remnant of the old pole support structure. But the blue seats, the curviture, the white scoreboard structures around the outfield..well, we used to have that color.

Thank you! I have been saying that ever since Comiskey II opened. Look at the black centerfield hitting backdrop, the blue walls, seats and padding. The only major difference is that the Yankees upper deck wrapped around the foul poles whereas Comiskey II's upper deck stopped at the foul poles. The outside also looked very similar.

The Cell on the other is finally developing a personality of it's own. Hopefully when Phase V is finished, it will become a unique baseball experience.

joeynach
04-12-2004, 12:04 AM

Becasue its about 20x closer to the field. OUr upper deck is pushed back by two level of suites as well as the club level. At yankee stadium there is a considerable overhang of the tiered decks bringing the fans much closer to the field. Also since the entrances are half way up, half of the fans in their upper deck actually walk down , closer to the field, to their seats. Its all about opitcs and astetics. Our Upper deck has the entrances at the bottom so every seat, bathroom break, food/beer rrun requires a trek up Mt. Doom. I dont complain about the steepness of our Upper Deck. I complain that its so far back from the field.

batmanZoSo
04-12-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by joeynach
Becasue its about 20x closer to the field. OUr upper deck is pushed back by two level of suites as well as the club level. At yankee stadium there is a considerable overhang of the tiered decks bringing the fans much closer to the field. Also since the entrances are half way up, half of the fans in their upper deck actually walk down , closer to the field, to their seats. Its all about opitcs and astetics. Our Upper deck has the entrances at the bottom so every seat, bathroom break, food/beer rrun requires a trek up Mt. Doom. I dont complain about the steepness of our Upper Deck. I complain that its so far back from the field.

Having the entrance in the middle takes away concourse space. The way ours was built, I don't think we could put the entrances ten rows up if we wanted to. Nowadays it doens't matter because there are only 22 rows.

Hangar18
04-12-2004, 12:09 AM
You know, the More I look at Yankee Stadium, and Kilroys Attachment, seems the SOX were totally trying to Rebuild the Parthenon...er Yankee Stadium ............. except they used way shoddier materials and turned a Cold Shoulder to such modern construction techniques such as Cantilevering and Real Bricks.
Wasnt the Parthenon built with Public Money also?

joeynach
04-12-2004, 01:30 AM
Having the entrance in the middle takes away concourse space. The way ours was built, I don't think we could put the entrances ten rows up if we wanted to. Nowadays it doens't matter because there are only 22 rows.

No it doesn't. Yankee stadium didn't always use to be like that. The entrance used to be at the bottom of their upper deck, it didn't used to extend down toward field from the entrances. As part of the complete overhaul on Ynakeee Stadium in the 70's they simpley added on a new slap of seating from where the UD originall began. IF you can see a profile shot of the UD from where it end in the outfield you can see this. There is like a new piece jetting out from an existing structre to create the overhang we all talk about. This could easily be done to our park, bring the fans closer to the action, as well as lower. But JR would never do it since it would probably overcast the 2nd suite level and all he cares about is if his business clients are happy, like thos who buy suites. Not to mention they are empty half the time anyway.

batmanZoSo
04-12-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by joeynach
No it doesn't. Yankee stadium didn't always use to be like that. The entrance used to be at the bottom of their upper deck, it didn't used to extend down toward field from the entrances. As part of the complete overhaul on Ynakeee Stadium in the 70's they simpley added on a new slap of seating from where the UD originall began. IF you can see a profile shot of the UD from where it end in the outfield you can see this. There is like a new piece jetting out from an existing structre to create the overhang we all talk about. This could easily be done to our park, bring the fans closer to the action, as well as lower. But JR would never do it since it would probably overcast the 2nd suite level and all he cares about is if his business clients are happy, like thos who buy suites. Not to mention they are empty half the time anyway.

Yes it does..and I was talking about comiskey.