PDA

View Full Version : Royals and their Fans Suck!

cleats67
04-10-2004, 08:46 PM
I am a lifelong Sox fan from Chicago who now unfortunately lives in KC. I have been going to the games here the past few years when the Sox are in, and have never had any problems. This year is different...The first thing that is BS is their mistake in printing Royals vs. Cubs for the opener on the tickets. No mistake as they said it was. I know someone who has a friend in the organization and they said it was done on purpose because of the shellacking the Sox gave the Royals at the end of the season. They said the Sox were pouring on runs when it wasn't necessary. Do you believe it?

I went to the opener on Monday dressed in my Sox gear, with seats right behind the Sox dugout. While I would cheer when the Sox were doing something good (which was often the first 8 innings) I was not obnoxious. Many Royals fans left in the 8th inning in the seats around us as the Sox were up 7-3. When the tide started to turn in the 9th inning as Koch came in, a bunch of drunk KU Jayhawk fans surrounded me and began their taunts. They were wasted and were getting right in my face. I was with a friend with about 30 of these idiots around me. (Worse than Cubs fans) It started when Koch gave up the double, and when Marte gave up the home run to Mendy Lopez, it was awful. These fans were within an inch of my face, and believe me, it was so bad, if I had help, I would have loved to pound every one of them into the ground. You can imagine what it was like when Beltran hit his home run. I barely got out of there alive. The long walk up the stairs was people yelling obscenities and pushing me all the way up.

The next day, I went to the bar of the hotel where the Sox stay as I always do. The first person I talked to was Loaiza. After wishing him luck and telling him to take the Royals out the next day, he told me a story. When the Sox and other teams come into town, the Royals leave tickets behind home plate for their familes,girlfriends,... All teams reciprocate this way around the league. This time the Royals put their families all the way down the left field line as far away as you could be. He and all the other players I talked to were pissed. It was that way for both days.
He said not to worry, they would do the same thing to them when they came to Chicago for OUR opener. There was talk about the nosebleed seats down the left field line.

I won't be at the opener, but at the third game. For those of you who do go, please remember the real warm welcome all of us Sox fans received in KC. I am not advocating going to their level, but clearly the Royals or their fans have NO respect for the Sox! Make them feel real welcome when they come to the South Side on Tuesday!!!

Daver
04-10-2004, 08:48 PM
Hey welcome abaord! :redneck

SEALgep
04-10-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by cleats67
They said the Sox were pouring on runs when it wasn't necessary. Do you believe it?

What is this little league? Can't take it, score some runs pansies.

voodoochile
Someone get Randar a ticket for the home opener...

Welcome Aboard! :D:

MRKARNO
That story about the tickets is just awful, but I think we shouldn't overly retaliate. Just give em the same seats they gave us.

HomeFish
04-10-2004, 08:51 PM
I noticed last year that, when their team is winning, the Royals fans are far more arrogant than anything we've ever seen from Minnesota or the north side. There's only one solution: pure and relentless beatdowns on the field.

And that means scoring runs, not attacking their coaches.

HomeFish
04-10-2004, 08:54 PM

I won't be at the opener, but at the third game. For those of you who do go, please remember the real warm welcome all of us Sox fans received in KC. I am not advocating going to their level, but clearly the Royals or their fans have NO respect for the Sox! Make them feel real welcome when they come to the South Side on Tuesday!!!

I'll be at that third game too. We can only hope that the Sox will win the first two, or the KC fans will indeed be problematic.

cleats67
04-10-2004, 09:04 PM
One other note you all may find interesting. As I said, I have been going to the Hotel where the Sox stay the past few years and it was real different this year. Before, there were about 4-5 different clicks in the player groups, sitting in different areas of the bar not talking to each other. This year, everyone was hanging together. Ozzie Guillen was holding court sitting next to me talking with every player coming or going from the bar. Lots of people laughing, even Konerko and Frank sitting together having a drink. Bet you thought you never would see that! Little too early to tell, but it looks like a real good chemisty is brewing which only means good things for us.

SEALgep
04-10-2004, 09:07 PM
One other note you all may find interesting. As I said, I have been going to the Hotel where the Sox stay the past few years and it was real different this year. Before, there were about 4-5 different clicks in the player groups, sitting in different areas of the bar not talking to each other. This year, everyone was hanging together. Ozzie Guillen was holding court sitting next to me talking with every player coming or going from the bar. Lots of people laughing, even Konerko and Frank sitting together having a drink. Bet you thought you never would see that! Little too early to tell, but it looks like a real good chemisty is brewing which only means good things for us. Lovin that! :gulp:

MRKARNO
04-10-2004, 09:14 PM
We've seen what happens when a group of mediocre players really bonds together and has good chemistry (2002 Angels), but what happens when a pretty good group of players in a bad division bonds together and has good chemistry?

voodoochile
04-10-2004, 09:21 PM
One other note you all may find interesting. As I said, I have been going to the Hotel where the Sox stay the past few years and it was real different this year. Before, there were about 4-5 different clicks in the player groups, sitting in different areas of the bar not talking to each other. This year, everyone was hanging together. Ozzie Guillen was holding court sitting next to me talking with every player coming or going from the bar. Lots of people laughing, even Konerko and Frank sitting together having a drink. Bet you thought you never would see that! Little too early to tell, but it looks like a real good chemisty is brewing which only means good things for us.

:jerry
"simply ridiculous. Professional people shouldn't need that kind of crap. I gave them ice cream when they were on my good side, what more could they want?"

Iguana775
04-10-2004, 09:29 PM

Hey cleats, what hotel is that? i live in NE and would love to come down to a Sox game. it would be awesome to hang at the same bar the players did. :)

SoxBoy14
04-10-2004, 09:46 PM

The next day, I went to the bar of the hotel where the Sox stay as I always do. The first person I talked to was Loaiza. After wishing him luck and telling him to take the Royals out the next day, he told me a story.

you just went to a bar and struck up a conversation with Loaiza? thats awsome. Did you see any other players?

WinningUgly!
04-10-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

I thought Randar only liked beating up Tigers fans. :D:

Daver
04-10-2004, 10:27 PM

Better get him a plane ticket to boot..........

ma-gaga
04-10-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish
when their team is winning, the Royals fans are far more arrogant than anything we've ever seen from Minnesota or the north side

yeah... That first successful year brings out delusions of grandeur. Hopefully it's not the Royal's year.

I can't believe they already have two ninth inning comebacks... :angry:

OurBitchinMinny
04-11-2004, 12:08 AM
I find it hard to believe royals fans are worse than twins fans. Maybe its because I deal with them on an everyday basis. And I barely consider cubs fans to be human beings

VaSoxfan
04-11-2004, 12:23 AM
The whole Royals thing makes me sick...they had that real hot start to the year, what like 18-4 in April or something...then sucked the rest of the way (played below .500 baseball from May 1 on) and everyone made them into a powerhouse when they were one of the luckiest teams in history.

They really shouldn't do much this year, their starting pitching is terrible and whatever they do have in the bullpen will be burned out by July.

DSpivack
04-11-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
We've seen what happens when a group of mediocre players really bonds together and has good chemistry (2002 Angels), but what happens when a pretty good group of players in a bad division bonds together and has good chemistry?

Optimism! And I, usually as a pessimist, actually like that? Wow.

Whitesox029
04-11-2004, 12:47 AM
I would love to see the sox get about 10 runs in the first on Tuesday and shut up those Royals fans. As a rule, I hate the fans in every road ballpark when the Sox lose, especially when they lose by doing their best collective impression of The Kingdome/Veterans' Stadium.

StillMissOzzie
04-11-2004, 01:16 AM

The next day, I went to the bar of the hotel where the Sox stay as I always do.

What hotel do the Sox stay at in KC?

SMO
:gulp:

seventytwo
04-11-2004, 06:54 AM
I'm pretty sure they stay at the Adam's Mark across the street from the stadium.

Realist
04-11-2004, 09:12 AM

Welcome Aboard! :D:

As of this minute, I have an extra ticket for the home opener AND I'm strong like bull and smart like tractor. :D: :gulp:

I used to feel an affinity towards Cardinal fans because "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", but when we played the Cards at Comiskey, I was appalled at how rude and stupid their fans were. They were acting like Comiskey was THEIR house and we were the friggin' Beebees [Baby bears]. I had to do a lot of "counting to 10". I guess Cardinal fans = Royal fans.

I'll have to make sure I have spade shovel and a map of the corn fields in northwest Indiana in my trunk for the opener. <--- whooops.... that was supposed to be teal. (?) :D:

(You can take the boy outta the south side, but you can't take the south side outta the boy)

Realist
04-11-2004, 09:22 AM

Thanks for the "warm fuzzy". I needed that. :smile:

The only thing that coulda made that story any better was if Frank and Paulie were thumb wrestling or trying to bounce quarters into each others pint glasses.