PDA

View Full Version : Ordonez first hitter to 10 RBIs

MRKARNO
04-10-2004, 04:30 PM
With his double in the 9th inning, Maggs become the first player to 10 RBIs in the major leagues. He has 8 RBIs in the past 2 games. He is also among the few (7) to have 3 Homers. Nice way to start the season. Now let's extend his contract before we win the world series.

CubKilla
04-10-2004, 04:34 PM
Truly the best RF in Chicago :)

HomeFish
04-10-2004, 04:34 PM
I fear those numbers put him way out of our range.

I could just imagine the father sitting behind home plate today (in the yellow jacket) telling his son "see this guy? He'll be with us next year" when Ordoņez was up and telling him "see this guy? He was with the White Sox last year, now we got him. Don't worry, we get all their good players like that." when Flash was pitching.

Paulwny
04-10-2004, 04:39 PM
If you can hit a fast ball, then hitting in front of Frank = huge numbers.

beckett21
04-10-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish
I fear those numbers put him way out of our range.

I could just imagine the father sitting behind home plate today (in the yellow jacket) telling his son "see this guy? He'll be with us next year" when Ordoņez was up and telling him "see this guy? He was with the White Sox last year, now we got him. Don't worry, we get all their good players like that." when Flash was pitching.

I was wondering where Lip man was...if there hadn't been a recent Lip sighting I would have guessed he changed his screen name.

Maggs hot start will put the heat on the Sox to re-sign him. If we are playing winning ball, he just might want to stay.

I know it's a novel idea, and that money talks. But come on. Two in a row in Yankee stadium and we're talking about THIS?

BTW Flash looked great today.

beckett21
04-10-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Truly the best RF in Chicago :)

Didn't know there was ever any doubt :)

MRKARNO
04-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Well I think that we will be able to resign him. If Maggs does better, I think it will improve our chances of signing him because he will show us that he is worth the money he is asking. Right now Maggs is probably asking a bit too much, but if he backs it up with a strong April, he could be a South sider for the duration of the productive years of his career.

beckett21
04-10-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Well I think that we will be able to resign him. If Maggs does better, I think it will improve our chances of signing him because he will show us that he is worth the money he is asking. Right now Maggs is probably asking a bit too much, but if he backs it up with a strong April, he could be a South sider for the duration of the productive years of his career.

Have to agree with you here. What better way to reward the Sox faithful by keeping one of our very own. He is the heir apparent to Frank as the elder statesman and figurehead of this organization. JR isn't that dumb, is he?? Colon, Everett, Alomar, etc. were carpetbaggers--Maggs is the face of this team, homegrown superstar. I agree this only helps our chances of keeping him.

Hangar18
04-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Hes got 10 RBI? Man ..........Get rid of this guy, hes a cancer
to the team Cant wait for the SOX to get "rid" of this guy, before he hits his Stride

jabrch
04-10-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Hes got 10 RBI? Man ..........Get rid of this guy, hes a cancer
to the team Cant wait for the SOX to get "rid" of this guy, before he hits his Stride

Hangar, I know you enjoy razzing on management, but they have always said that they don't want to get rid of Maggs. Why portray it like this is their goal?

NonetheLoaiza
04-10-2004, 07:07 PM
MVP. It would seem to make sense to be giving him a Vlad-type contract. The only thing he doesn't have is Vlad's arm. I think I remember hearing Maggs say that he would be willing to take a little bit less than market value to stay with the Sox.

SIGN THE MAN

MRKARNO
04-10-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by NonetheLoaiza
It would seem to make sense to be giving him a Vlad-type contract. The only thing he doesn't have is Vlad's arm.

Vlad has a lot more speed than Maggs as well and can hit virtually any pitch from head to toe out of the ballpark. Maggs is consistantly good and his consistancy is what makes him as good as he is

Bisco Stu
04-10-2004, 08:23 PM
Guess this means he'll be a Skankee next year.

Could just see Queen George licking his chops during the last two games, saying, "I've got to have this kid."

JDP
04-10-2004, 08:47 PM
He's on pace for a .381 AVG, 122 HRs and 405 RBIs!

MRKARNO
04-10-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by JDP
He's on pace for a .381 AVG, 122 HRs and 405 RBIs!

And the Tigers are on pace to win 130 games!