PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's Winning Pick to Click

Daver
04-10-2004, 03:48 PM
As the South Side Lumber Co. remained open for business.

:weewillie

Who said I can't hit?

batmanZoSo
04-10-2004, 03:54 PM
AHHHHHHH MAKE WAY FOR WILLLIEEEE!

SEALgep
04-10-2004, 03:57 PM
Real happy for Willie, heck of a game for him. :smile:

PINWHEELS
04-10-2004, 03:59 PM
Mark Buehrle! just a awesome job today against that lineup!

HomeFish
04-10-2004, 04:02 PM
So, basically, when Timo does everything Willie does AND MORE, he doesn't even get mentioned, but when a player that many overly optimistic people have a vested interest in defending gets a few hits, all of the sudden he's big-time.

Sure....

fquaye149
04-10-2004, 04:07 PM
timo had his own thread. two in fact

MRKARNO
04-10-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish
So, basically, when Timo does everything Willie does AND MORE, he doesn't even get mentioned, but when a player that many overly optimistic people have a vested interest in defending gets a few hits, all of the sudden he's big-time.

Sure....

Harris's help was more timely. He got on base in the first at bat of the game, allowing Maggs' shot to be a 2 run instead on a one run. He doubled in the run that gave the sox the lead for good and he brought Rowand in when we needed some padding of our lead. Timo did a lot of his damage as just part of the grand scheme, but you gotta like the fact that we can talk this way

FarWestChicago
04-10-2004, 04:12 PM

Sure.... Aaaahhhh, life is good. The Skanks go down again and we have :whiner: to the PTC umpire. :D:

Daver
04-10-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by PINWHEELS
Mark Buehrle! just a awesome job today against that lineup!

Sure....

Disputes with the umpire are usually settled by means of a duel,elephant guns at a thousand paces.

Let me know what days to pencil you in for.

RedPinStripes
04-10-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Aaaahhhh, life is good. The Skanks go down again and we have :whiner: to the PTC umpire. :D:

This is bull****! I want schlitz beer instead of fallstaff!!!!!!!!!!

SEALgep
04-10-2004, 04:36 PM

Sure.... You never have anything positive to say, but just so you know, Timo was great yesterday, but Maggs was the difference. Today, Willie was the difference.

beckett21
04-10-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
You never have anything positive to say, but just so you know, Timo was great yesterday, but Maggs was the difference. Today, Willie was the difference.

That guy makes me sound like :

:hawk

"Mercy! Way to have yourself a day Willie!"

southsidegirl
04-10-2004, 06:43 PM

Sure....

That's not true. I picked Timo for my PTC today, but he wasn't playing. I think that Buehrle should be the winner. Hawk said that he was pitching with the flu or something like the flu.

Whitesox029
04-10-2004, 06:50 PM
Between Buehrle and Harris........wow tough call. I'd go with Mark though for pitching out of a few jams and just because he only gave up 3 hits and no ER. If that's not deserving as a pitcher then what is? Valentin was my pick...he was out of the running in the first 15 minutes. If it weren't for the errors, he would have been a runner-up though.

SoxxoS
04-10-2004, 08:23 PM
I don't play the game, but 8 IP 0ER is all I need to see to be my PTC.

Brian26
04-10-2004, 08:26 PM
Hell of a game by Buehrle, but there's no way Willie doesn't deserve PTC.

SEALgep
04-10-2004, 09:17 PM
There are always going to be disputes over the PTC. But it basically comes down to whether or not you have the balls to buy an elephant gun and are able to walk a 1000 paces. :D:

doublem23
04-10-2004, 11:00 PM
TBGR... Buehrle brilliant! (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=2465)