PDA

View Full Version : Wee Willie... Don't be Hatin'?

mweflen
04-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Okay, I for one *hope* to be the first to enjoy some deep fried crow...

Two straight good games...

Has Willie arrived?

Will he bust .250 in AV and .300 in OBP?

Will he steal bases regularly and avoid the pickoff?

I have to fight this... this feeling.... this.... "optimism".... It will crush me if I let it take hold.......

SEALgep
04-10-2004, 02:45 PM
He played real well today, and yesterday too for that matter.

Unregistered
04-10-2004, 02:51 PM
Willie could have really killed us today by not coming through in all of the RBI situations he came up in. For that, Hollywood, I salute you. :gulp:

Paulwny
04-10-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
He played real well today, and yesterday too for that matter.

Yep, I have to admit he's had 2 good games. I hope I was wrong about him.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-10-2004, 02:53 PM
He had a good game and there is no denying it. I caution everyone not to get too excited, though. Jimenez got off to a fast start last year and still managed to become persona non grata before Father's Day.

SEALgep
04-10-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
He had a good game and there is no denying it. I caution everyone not to get too excited, though. Jimenez got off to a fast start last year and still managed to become persona non grata before Father's Day. Lol, go with the moment. Geez. :D:

SoxBoy14
04-10-2004, 03:01 PM
I'm impressed with both Willy and Urbina. Both have done great the past couple of games. This shows they both want that starting job.

SoxBoy14
04-10-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by SoxBoy14
I'm impressed with both Willy and Urbina. Both have done great the past couple of games. This shows they both want that starting job.

oops sorry for that, I ment Uribe.

MRKARNO
04-10-2004, 03:05 PM
Willie does appear to have the ability to become a game changer like a Juan Pierre at the top of the lineup. Some days, he probably will look like a Juan Pierre while on other days he will look nowhere near that good. There is definately a big improvement between 03 Harris and 04 Harris. He really just needs to learn to get more base hits and he'll be of huge help to this team.

OEO Magglio
04-10-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
He had a good game and there is no denying it. I caution everyone not to get too excited, though. Jimenez got off to a fast start last year and still managed to become persona non grata before Father's Day.
Well the one thing we dont have to worry about with Willie, is his effort, and even when willie wasn't getting hits the first couple of games he was still having pretty good at bats, and at times hitting the ball real hard, hopefully he's starting to turn the corner, and can become the solid leadoff guy the Sox need.

jabrch
04-10-2004, 07:12 PM
The double he hit was awesome. A line smash past A-Rod who was playing both up and well off the line. Very nice piece of hitting by Harris.

Foulke You
04-10-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Well the one thing we dont have to worry about with Willie, is his effort, and even when willie wasn't getting hits the first couple of games he was still having pretty good at bats, and at times hitting the ball real hard, hopefully he's starting to turn the corner, and can become the solid leadoff guy the Sox need.

I agree 100%. He seems to have a good approach at the plate i.e. not swinging from his heels and his speed has been a big plus. Hopefully, he'll continue to take the ball and run with it. He seems to be hungry to prove everyone wrong.

DSpivack
04-10-2004, 08:12 PM

oops sorry for that, I meant Uribe.

Wishful thinking?