PDA

View Full Version : NY Post Article about Friday's Game

Irishsox1
04-10-2004, 09:45 AM
It's always nice when the Sox can go into New York and beat the Yankees.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/16368.htm

harwar
04-10-2004, 10:09 AM
I got the new york feed for yesterdays game and all 3 guys in the broadcast booth had nothing but great things to say about the White Sox.
I don't know if it was shell-shock or what but they sounded glad that they don't have to face us 19 times this year.

SEALgep
04-10-2004, 10:27 AM
Hawk said something to the affect that a bunch of clubs, and I believe the Yanks were part of the group with Torre saying it, that we were the best club they faced all of last year. Saying it last year.

CubKilla
04-10-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Hawk said something to the affect that a bunch of clubs, and I believe the Yanks were part of the group with Torre saying it, that we were the best club they faced all of last year. Saying it last year.

It all falls on the shoulders of JR and KW IMHO. The Alomar Jr. and Everett deals were great. JR and KW didn't go far enough though and rid themselves of the real cancer on last years ballclub..... Jerry Manuel. With Colon, Loaiza, and Buehrle being the probable starters for most of your playoff starts coupled with a manager that knew how to use a BP featuring Gordon, Sullivan, Wunsch, and Garland, running the table in the playoffs would not have been out of the question.

HomeFish
04-10-2004, 11:52 AM
The best part of the article is the opening paragraph:

Yankee Stadium felt very Shea-ish yesterday. There was terrible pitching, dumb defensive plays and not much offense - all by the home team.

:D:

Railsplitter
04-10-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish
The best part of the article is the opening paragraph:

:D:

I preferred the line about the pitvher putting a ball on a tee for Maggs.