PDA

View Full Version : Felix Diaz with a great outing!

A. Cavatica
04-09-2004, 11:38 PM
Charlotte beat Columbus again, 5-1, behind Felix Diaz. His line:

F Diaz (W,1-0) 7 2 0 0 0 7

Jeremy Reed went 2-for-3 (double, single, SF) with 2 RBI. Maybe he's starting to heat up.

Daver
04-09-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica
Charlotte beat Columbus again, 5-1, behind Felix Diaz. His line:

F Diaz (W,1-0) 7 2 0 0 0 7

Jeremy Reed went 2-for-3 (double, single, SF) with 2 RBI. Maybe he's starting to heat up.

Diaz flourished last year,his first year he was able to pitch an entire season without a trip to the DL.I credit Kirk Champion for this,he was able to correct his mechanics,a problem that had made him questionable as a prospect.I have no big expectations from Diaz,but he has the talent to make it to the show.

MRKARNO
04-10-2004, 12:10 AM
I think the 2 for 3 from Reed was really nice to see

CyYoung5621
04-10-2004, 12:33 AM
How old is Diaz?

SEALgep
04-10-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Daver
Diaz flourished last year,his first year he was able to pitch an entire season without a trip to the DL.I credit Kirk Champion for this,he was able to correct his mechanics,a problem that had made him questionable as a prospect.I have no big expectations from Diaz,but he has the talent to make it to the show. Do you see him in the show as a starter or a pen guy. Personally, and I could very well be wrong, see him more as a reliever. I believe he can be dominant in that role. Have you seen him Daver, and what do you think?

A. Cavatica
04-10-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by CyYoung5621
How old is Diaz?

Daver
04-10-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by SEALgep
Do you see him in the show as a starter or a pen guy. Personally, and I could very well be wrong, see him more as a reliever. I believe he can be dominant in that role. Have you seen him Daver, and what do you think?

All I have seen is limited tape.

I would leave him as a starter,he has the stuff to succeed there.

But then again,what the hell do I know? ©

SEALgep
04-10-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Daver
All I have seen is limited tape.

I would leave him as a starter,he has the stuff to succeed there.

But then again,what the hell do I know? © Right on, I didn't know he was 23. I've only read about him and saw he was a starter and a reliever in the minors. I didn't see him having the stamina to being a major league starter, but it would be hard to develop that stamina as a 23 year old with only minor league seasons under his belt and being on the DL. It looks like he had a good start, going 7 innings. He may debut as a reliever still, but it appears he may have the stuff to start. I hope he does, I like what I hear so far from the guy.

He was acquired from the Giants, right?

Rex Hudler
04-10-2004, 02:55 AM
He was acquired from the Giants, right?

Yep, Kenny Lofton deal along with Ryan Meaux......

SEALgep
04-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Rex Hudler
Yep, Kenny Lofton deal along with Ryan Meaux...... Right on, both guys look to have a bright future if it all pans out.

delben91
04-10-2004, 07:48 PM
Right on, both guys look to have a bright future if it all pans out.

Meaux's a bit older though isn't he? 25 I thought? Doesn't mean he can't still be a future contributer to the Sox, just trying to see if I've got all the ages straight.

SEALgep
04-10-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by delben91
Meaux's a bit older though isn't he? 25 I thought? Doesn't mean he can't still be a future contributer to the Sox, just trying to see if I've got all the ages straight. But he can be a pretty solid situational lefty. He doesn't necessarily have to start in order to be a productive player.