PDA

View Full Version : What's Different?

Jurr
04-09-2004, 08:18 PM
I love the new commercial for White Sox baseball where they show clips of all the players that were here last year (which is most of 'em)........then it asks..so what's different???
Then it shows Ozzie and it says...EVERYTHING.

If that isn't the biggest slap in the face of Jerry Manuel, I don't know what is.

HomeFish
04-09-2004, 08:32 PM
One of the few Sox ads I actually like.

I hope they got rid of those horrible radio spots.

gosox41
04-09-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Jurr
I love the new commercial for White Sox baseball where they show clips of all the players that were here last year (which is most of 'em)........then it asks..so what's different???
Then it shows Ozzie and it says...EVERYTHING.

If that isn't the biggest slap in the face of Jerry Manuel, I don't know what is.

Keeping JM around as manager last season is a bigger slap in the face to all Sox fans.

Bob

pudge
04-10-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by gosox41
Keeping JM around as manager last season is a bigger slap in the face to all Sox fans.

Bob

Well said. Those commercials piss me off for that very reason.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-10-2004, 01:24 AM
:jerry
"i'm gonna curl up in my sock drawer and sleep for days"

ShoelessFred
04-10-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by HomeFish
One of the few Sox ads I actually like.

I hope they got rid of those horrible radio spots.

i agree. the ad is much better on tv. we need ozzy on the radio talking about FUNG

Whitesox029
04-10-2004, 11:53 AM
Does anyone else notice that the Sox are spending money on TV ads that could potentially go towards signing valuable players? (Ordonez and Konerko come to mind) I'm not sure, but I don't really think the ads are helping to attract fans quite as effectively as, for example, Eric Gagne would (That's just an example). If they can't take the ads away completely, they could simply cut them down and only show the part where they tell you about the promotion (i.e, fireworks, magnetic schedules). I don't think the whole "What's changed" thing is needed.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-10-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Whitesox029
Does anyone else notice that the Sox are spending money on TV ads that could potentially go towards signing valuable players? (.

They need to talk about something other than promotions in those tv spots. Otherwise the comercial would be 4 seconds and people would be like "wha happn?! was that a white sox ad?! Nahhhhh couldn't be...they still play?"

beckett21
04-10-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Whitesox029
Does anyone else notice that the Sox are spending money on TV ads that could potentially go towards signing valuable players? (Ordonez and Konerko come to mind) I'm not sure, but I don't really think the ads are helping to attract fans quite as effectively as, for example, Eric Gagne would (That's just an example). If they can't take the ads away completely, they could simply cut them down and only show the part where they tell you about the promotion (i.e, fireworks, magnetic schedules). I don't think the whole "What's changed" thing is needed.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't...

The Sox are constantly ripped because their marketing can't compete with the Cubs.

They make an effort, and they are chastized.

Granted the ads run primarily during Sox games, when the Sox fans are already watching. But if they didn't run any ads, we would hear constant whining about how they are not running any ads and how much better they do things on the northside.

I see your point, but we can't have it both ways.

Jurr
04-10-2004, 04:05 PM
Back to the main point...................
I can't believe how much different the Sox are viewed in everyone's eyes under Ozzie Guillen than Jerry Manuel. I didn't think it was going to make that big a difference, but man am I wrong. It's about time that sports are starting to get back to rewarding good coaching...case in point.

1. Bill Belichick: Great coach...a team with lesser talent buys into his philosophy and they win two superbowls in 3 years.
2. My home town Grizzlies. Hubie Brown comes in, installs a 10 man rotation and refuses anyone's egos, and we're going to the playoffs.
3. Ozzie Guillen???? Let's hope we see it this year with the Sox. So far so good.