PDA

View Full Version : Frank's at-bat Wed. in KC......

MaggPipes
04-09-2004, 07:35 PM
I was able to attend the game on Wednesday, like I always try to do at the start and end of the year. But Frank's at-bat in the 2nd inning was the best at-bat I have ever seen. 17 pitches, and the crowd started out with a slow clap and raised it to an intense clap with every pitch. I thought it was fitting for him to take the walk while spending the pitcher. That homer he hit foul was a laser also. Frank brings so much more to this team than a lot of people think. What is the best at-bat you have ever seen?

HomeFish
04-09-2004, 07:37 PM
18 pitches, wasn't it?

If that continues, I may just have to stop heckling Frank at home games.

SoxBoy14
04-09-2004, 07:39 PM
The best at bat I ever saw Frank have was in 2000. I was at a Sox game and it was in the ninth inning the Sox down 1 with a runner on third. As soon as he stepped up to the plate the entire park was shouting "MVP!!!" After two pitches the stadium had a defening chant of "MVP MVP MVP!" Then Frank jacked one over the center field wall winning the game. When the cheering ended I had a loud ringing noise in my ear.

MaggPipes
04-09-2004, 07:39 PM
Oh, I think you are right, it is 18. That was so sweet....

kingpin_rcs
04-09-2004, 07:42 PM
Last year Frank had an at-bat at home against the Twins (Eddie Gardado I think) . It was extra innings with the game tied. He foulded off pitch after pitch and even hit a near homer - hit it very deep but just foul. Then a few pitches later - he tattooed a ball deep into the left field stands - game over.

Awesome at-bat. Best I can remember.

batmanZoSo
04-09-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by kingpin_rcs
Last year Frank had an at-bat at home against the Twins (Eddie Gardado I think) . It was extra innings with the game tied. He foulded off pitch after pitch and even hit a near homer - hit it very deep but just foul. Then a few pitches later - he tattooed a ball deep into the left field stands - game over.

That was incredible. Moments like that are why we're here. I remember when John Rooney started his call "Frank hits one DEEP! WAY BACK!" I jumped out of the chair and kicked the computer plug right out of the wall. That was the longest few minutes of my life, rebooting the computer to post about the home run.

A.T. Money
04-09-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by kingpin_rcs

That was the best one.

Blueprint1
04-09-2004, 08:50 PM
I was going to bring up that at bat against the twins last year also.

Lip Man 1
04-09-2004, 10:08 PM
Right now Frank looks totally lost at the plate. The Yanks have been carving him up with inside pitches. let's hope he can adjust to that style again.

Lip

batmanZoSo
04-09-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Right now Frank looks totally lost at the plate. The Yanks have been carving him up with inside pitches. let's hope he can adjust to that style again.

Lip

I'm not too worried about Frank. He showed that 2002 was an inury hangover season and he's back. I'll put money down that he'll put up similar numbers to last year only a slightly higher average and a few more rbis because he should be able to do it all year this time. The first half last year he was still adjusting. If he puts two second halves like that together, he'll be the MVP.

RKMeibalane
04-09-2004, 10:16 PM
Frank will be fine. The season is four games old.