PDA

View Full Version : Brewers announcer: Maggs best RF in Chicago

MarqSox
04-09-2004, 07:14 PM
We have a friend to the north. Darren Sutton, the Brewers' play-by-play guy, commenting on the final score out of the Bronx: "For my money, Magglio Ordonez is the best right fielder in Chicago. Hope I didn't offend any Cubs fans out there ... boo hoo."

oheeoh...magglio
04-09-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
We have a friend to the north. Darren Sutton, the Brewers' play-by-play guy, commenting on the final score out of the Bronx: "For my money, Magglio Ordonez is the best right fielder in Chicago. Hope I didn't offend any Cubs fans out there ... boo hoo."

AMEN!!!

I've been saying that for years now, and usually people just look at me funny. Good to hear somebody in the media agrees with me.

chisoxfan79
04-09-2004, 07:37 PM
I agree that Maggs is the best in Chicago. My best friend is a Cubs fan and he agrees with me 100%. The true Cubs fans are the ones who hate Sosa

SoxBoy14
04-09-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by chisoxfan79
The true Cubs fans are the ones who hate Sosa

I take it there's about three true cub fans out there?

gosox3072
04-09-2004, 10:41 PM
Make that 4 i know a true cub fan that would rather have maggs as well

SoxFan76
04-09-2004, 10:45 PM
I always thought this was known an accepted throughout Chicago. If a Cub fan tells you different, they are crazy.

Daver
04-09-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by SoxBoy14
I take it there's about three true cub fans out there?

I think it is five.

They all post here.

:smile:

TDog
04-10-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by SoxFan76
I always thought this was known an accepted throughout Chicago. If a Cub fan tells you different, they are crazy.

In the field of logic, this is known as a tautology.

Thunderstruck30
04-10-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by chisoxfan79
The true Cubs fans are the ones who hate Sosa

Where can I meet one of these people?

SSN721
04-10-2004, 12:03 PM
There are several people in my family and that I know at work that are true cubs fans, know their stuff and would dump Sosa and get Maggs in a second if they could, and also finagle a way to get anyone to replace Moises Alou. I think that with people that know baseball in this town this is a generally accepted opinion.

CubKilla
04-10-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by SSN721
I think that with people that know baseball in this town this is a generally accepted opinion.

They are few and far between then :)

munchman33
04-10-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by TDog
In the field of logic, this is known as a tautology.

LOL Good one :smile:

MarqSox
04-10-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by SSN721
There are several people in my family and that I know at work that are true cubs fans, know their stuff and would dump Sosa and get Maggs in a second if they could, and also finagle a way to get anyone to replace Moises Alou. I think that with people that know baseball in this town this is a generally accepted opinion.
Certainly, but it's rare to see an out-of-towner hold the view. A pleasant development.

MUsoxfan
04-10-2004, 04:18 PM
I have much love and respect for the (1st Place) Brewers and their announcers. They're probably spiteful, and rightfully spiteful that a recent poll came out that stated the Cubs are the second most popular sports team in Wisconsin after the Packers. That doesn't change the fact that Magglio is a better RF than Sammy, because that's true. But I also enjoy the stick at the Cub fans in Milwaukee.

Go Sox Go Marquette Warriors