PDA

View Full Version : Torii Hunter on the DL


jabrch
04-09-2004, 08:46 AM
Along with Mauer and LeCroy - I don't wish injuries on players, but there is a good chance the Twins can start the season with a terrible start and maybe knock themselves out early. Too bad we don't face them until late May.

harwar
04-09-2004, 09:17 AM
jeez,they are droppin like flies over there.

jabrch
04-09-2004, 09:45 AM
Lost both of their catchers (LeCroy and Mauer) - that could spell major trouble. Hopefully we can capitalize on it. Those guys have been fairly fortunate injury-wise except a few Ps over the past few years.

fhqwhgads
04-09-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
Those guys have been fairly fortunate injury-wise except a few Ps over the past few years.

Rivas broken hand, Mientkiewicz wrist, Koskie back, Jones knee, Guzman shoulder, Hocking hand...and those are just some of the non-pitcher injuries over the past two years. You must be thinking of a different team.

jabrch
04-09-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
Rivas broken hand, Mientkiewicz wrist, Koskie back, Jones knee, Guzman shoulder, Hocking hand...and those are just some of the non-pitcher injuries over the past two years. You must be thinking of a different team.

I forgot about Mientdlkjasdfkswz wrist. How much time did Koskie and Jones miss? as far as Guzman - you guys are better off without him sometimes. I am not a big fan.

In either case, you are right - I forgot a few injuries. My bad.

But losing Mauer, LeCroy and Hunter all at once is worse than any prior injury conditions you guys have had, right?

fhqwhgads
04-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
But losing Mauer, LeCroy and Hunter all at once is worse than any prior injury conditions you guys have had, right?

No question. I agree about Guzman, too. Looking forward to Punto playing more at SS.

SEALgep
04-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Punto, I don't know if he can keep it up, has been playing pretty well for them. Although, I would still rather have him in the lineup than Hunter. If not for defense alone.

owensmouth
04-09-2004, 12:55 PM
That new surface in the garbage bag is taking a toll.

fhqwhgads
04-09-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by owensmouth
That new surface in the garbage bag is taking a toll.

Note: None of the injuries were turf-related.