PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Liefer

Moses_Scurry
04-09-2004, 09:19 AM
For those of you who have not avidly followed the career of Jeff Liefer since he left the Sox, I saw in my newspaper this morning that he is the first baseman for the Indianapolis Indians. As a recent transplant to Indy, I think it will be pretty cool to watch him at the Indian games!

soxfan26
04-09-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Moses_Scurry
For those of you who have not avidly followed the career of Jeff Liefer since he left the Sox, I saw in my newspaper this morning that he is the first baseman for the Indianapolis Indians. As a recent transplant to Indy, I think it will be pretty cool to watch him at the Indian games!

I wasn't aware that J. Liefer had a "career" in baseball.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-09-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by soxfan26
I wasn't aware that J. Liefer had a "career" in baseball.

Boy, truer words were never spoken. Only a numbskull like Jerry Manuel would think Liefer wasn't given proper opportunity to prove himself an abject failure at the MLB level. Everyday firstbasemen for Indianapolis sounds just about right for him, at least until he becomes mentally prepared for the work he'll need to do the rest of his life... like selling insurance or working for a beer distributor.

I'll never forget Manuel stating he "regretted" not playing Liefer more late in 2002, as though the brain-dead play of his team was somehow related to not playing the no-talent guys on his bench more often.

So Liefer winds up in Montreal for 2003 (part of the Colon trade), and what is the first thing the Chicago media picks up on when the Expos arrive at Wrigley the following April? Another malcontent ex-Sox bitching about how he was treated. It was so ****ing ridiculous and so utterly predictable, too.

The dumb sonofabitch ended up getting cut. CUT by the mighty Montreal Expos! Then he got a few at-bats with Tampa Bay before they sent him packing, too. I was hoping the Chicago media would do a follow-up bit about what a horse**** ballplayer he proved himself to be when Tampa came to town, but too late. Liefer was already out of the Show.

Typical... the Sox get slammed by a nobody, the Chicago media picks it up like it's the Gospel Truth and never sets the story straight after the real truth is revealed. If I had a dollar for everytime this happened...

Joe Liefer sucks. He needs to move on to something he is competent doing... like driving a truck, or studying to pass the bar... anything besides deluding himself that he is major league baseball talent.

Fisk Fan
04-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Joe Liefer sucks. He needs to move on to something he is competent doing... like driving a truck, or studying to pass the bar... anything besides deluding himself that he is major league baseball talent.

Uhh......Don't you mean Jeff?

batmanZoSo
04-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Typical... the Sox get slammed by a nobody, the Chicago media picks it up like it's the Gospel Truth and never sets the story straight after the real truth is revealed. If I had a dollar for everytime this happened...

Nice post.

How about the fact that we have a bunch of people in an out of the organization think a certain young player has potential and we suffer through it only to find that he wouldn't make any other team in baseball. If I had a dollar for everytime that happened..

PaleHoseGeorge
04-09-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan
Uhh......Don't you mean Jeff?

I mean "Maple Liefer." I'm not sure if you were around back then, but his ******* had his supporters around here. Somebody even created a tag-like graphic featuring his puss superimposed in front of a Canadian flag. Oh, baby... this guy was horse**** and still managed to fool way too many people-- including many otherwise intelligent Sox Fans.

:liefer
"I still have my own major league tag at WSI. This is doubtlessly the greatest accomplishment of my years playing in The Show."

:gun
"I still have a tag at WSI too, but since I actually beat the Sox with a home run in Anaheim, I count that as my greatest accomplishment."

:ohno
"You both suck. Now get out of here."

RKMeibalane
04-09-2004, 01:09 PM
The Indianapolis Indians, huh? I'll have to go see him play if I have time this summer. Sheesh!

And to think there were actually people here at WSI who thought Frank Thomas should be moved just so Leifer could get more playing time. LOL!

pinwheels3530
04-09-2004, 03:08 PM
What about the fans who wanted to trade Carlos Lee and play Jeff Liefer in left, sure glad that didn't happen.

RKMeibalane
04-09-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by pinwheels3530
What about the fans who wanted to trade Carlos Lee and play Jeff Liefer in left, sure glad that didn't happen.

There were a lot of those, too. But I guess even KW wasn't stupid enough to actually go through with trading Carlos.