PDA

View Full Version : 5 in the Nineth

owensmouth
04-09-2004, 07:11 AM
Did anyone else notice what happened to the mighty Mariners yesterday? They lead 1 - 0 going into the 9th and then the Angels put a five spot on them. That type of thing happens to other teams too.

MRKARNO
04-09-2004, 10:54 AM
The difference is that the M's were trying to hold a 1 run lead. We were trying to hold a 4 run lead. There's a big difference

DMarte708
04-09-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by owensmouth
Did anyone else notice what happened to the mighty Mariners yesterday? They lead 1 - 0 going into the 9th and then the Angels put a five spot on them. That type of thing happens to other teams too.

I've noticed it, but it still doesn't compare to our loss. Surrendering 4 runs in the 9th on opening day to your divisional rival is a tremendous defeat. I was never really upset about the loss (it was only 1), but more worried about the implications it would have on our team. They responded well Wed. with a win but were dominated by Vasquez yesterday. Contreras owned the Sox last season; a win today would help regain any confidence lost in the series opener.

Fisk Fan
04-09-2004, 11:32 AM
I noticed it too. I had Freddy Garcia in my fantasy league, who was in line for the win.

Dadawg_77
04-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Even if other teams do colapse, it doesn't mean our pen isn't weak. When Mr Zero stuff is out there, you know it is trouble.

CubKilla
04-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
The difference is that the M's were trying to hold a 1 run lead. We were trying to hold a 4 run lead. There's a big difference

Bingo! One lead's a solo shot away from tying the game. The other lead's a grand slam away from tying the game. HUGE difference.

Jerko
04-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

Plus, Guardado was hurt too, and they played a team with just a tad more firepower than Mendy whats-his-face and Matt Stairs.

batmanZoSo
04-09-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan
I noticed it too. I had Freddy Garcia in my fantasy league, who was in line for the win.

My opponent had Freddy Garcia yesterday, so I was wondering why the heck he didn't get a win with his stats. He was near perfect.