PDA

View Full Version : Matt Guerrier in Twins org?

A. Cavatica
04-09-2004, 12:17 AM
Matt Guerrier started and got the win in Rochester's home opener. I suppose with the Twins pitching staff he's got a good chance to pitch for them this year. Let's hope it isn't against the Sox -- I figure we wouldn't hit him, same way we are with so many other rookies.

Rex Hudler
04-09-2004, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by A. Cavatica
Matt Guerrier started and got the win in Rochester's home opener. I suppose with the Twins pitching staff he's got a good chance to pitch for them this year. Let's hope it isn't against the Sox -- I figure we wouldn't hit him, same way we are with so many other rookies.

5 IP 4 H 0 R 0 BB 3 K and finally healthy.......

Fungo
04-09-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Rex Hudler
5 IP 4 H 0 R 0 BB 3 K and finally healthy.......

Was it Matt, or am I thinking of someone else, that punched a water cooler a few years back after a bad outing in a Spring Training game? If I recall correctly, he was doing pretty well up until that point. Is he a headcase or was it just the frustration of possibly costing himself a spot on the big league roster?

HomerCoach
04-09-2004, 09:51 AM
I was at the Syracuse/Rochester game, he had the Skychiefs baffled all day, the 4 hits were definatley not line shots ( I can remember one hard shot to the first baseman). He was always ahead in the count, he's got good stuff. :(:

HomerCoach
04-09-2004, 10:08 AM
Willie Eyre (Scotts Brother) came in in relief, he also looked good, I'm not sure of his line. Terry Tiffee hit a 3 run shot in the first (up from New Britain), and Justin Morneau hit the ball hard.

Huisj
04-09-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Fungo
Was it Matt, or am I thinking of someone else, that punched a water cooler a few years back after a bad outing in a Spring Training game? If I recall correctly, he was doing pretty well up until that point. Is he a headcase or was it just the frustration of possibly costing himself a spot on the big league roster?

I think that was Aaron Myette

Fungo
04-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
I think that was Aaron Myette

That sounds right. I was getting our ex-"prospects" confused.
Thanks.