PDA

View Full Version : "It finally looks right"

dpbyron
04-08-2004, 11:30 PM
Per Mark Giangreco on the 10pm news about the Cell's renovations.

No mention of the blue seats?

soxnut
04-08-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by dpbyron

He said that?? It's a good thing I wasn't watching I might have crapped my pants..........

Jerko
04-08-2004, 11:52 PM
I'm sure I'll have much more fun at the Cell this year now that Gianpeckerhead said it looks nice. HE better stay out of the upper deck; the windburn he'll get won't mix with his year round fake tan; he'll be walking out of the place purple.

DrCrawdad
04-09-2004, 12:11 AM
http://images.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2004-04/12162172.jpg

Of course, the Cubune takes the negative angle with two of the four photos of obstructed views.

Jerko
04-09-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

Of course, the Cubune takes the negative angle with two of the four photos of obstructed views.

Maybe they were just doing research on how to block off that one rooftop who doesn't want to pay them. How many rows are even behind that pillar? Maybe there are no actual seats directly behind it? I could stand behind a post at any park and come up with a shot like that.

pinwheels3530
04-09-2004, 12:59 AM
On channel 2 Mike Adamle ended his story about the renovations by saying " but what about the obstructed view seats? "

batmanZoSo
04-09-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
How many rows are even behind that pillar? Maybe there are no actual seats directly behind it? I could stand behind a post at any park and come up with a shot like that.

Whoever sits in that seat should pay 5 to get in. They should go around the park and test which ones will have a pole blocking home plate.

Actually there are no seats directly behind the pillars because they're in the aisles. But if you're in the right seat, you could have a pole blocking the plate like that...it'll just be a pole in the next section over toward home plate.

They should also paint the bleacher section. That's faded beyond recognition. I'm thinkin a nice red... :smile:

mweflen
04-09-2004, 01:24 AM
batmanzoso,

I agree on the $5... but I can't say too much for fear of incurring moderator wrath :(:

OurBitchinMinny
04-09-2004, 02:09 AM
Isnt the urinal full of obstructed view seats? In the first deck? **** em

Jjav edit: Please don't go around the swear filters. They are in place for a reason.

CHISOXFAN13
04-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by pinwheels3530
On channel 2 Mike Adamle ended his story about the renovations by saying " but what about the obstructed view seats? "

What, Adamle can't take the fact that Mark Malone is obstructing his pathetic career. Adamle is the worst sports broadcaster Ive ever watched.

harwar
04-09-2004, 11:50 AM
The Padres' opened their new park last night and although i may be a bit biased,i think that ours is far superior in grace and style.

RichFitztightly
04-09-2004, 12:11 PM
I was just inside the park yesterday. I gotta say it looks nice. Now they're doing away with the blue padding on the outfield fence. Now it's a dark green like the centerfield batter's eye. Could green seats be far behind?

thecell
04-09-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by RichFitztightly
I was just inside the park yesterday. I gotta say it looks nice. Now they're doing away with the blue padding on the outfield fence. Now it's a dark green like the centerfield batter's eye. Could green seats be far behind?

How were you invited? DO you have season tickets?

Tekijawa
04-09-2004, 12:40 PM

I wish the pole would block 2nd base and SS then I'd pay about $75 dollars a ticket just not to have to watch Valentin and Harris play baseball!

Brian26
04-09-2004, 12:47 PM
Too bad his tan doesn't "look right".

Rocky Soprano
04-09-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Brian26

LOL!

Gotta say I got a good laugh out of that comment.

cheeses_h_rice
04-09-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by pinwheels3530

I'm sorry, but what a ****ing *****bag comment to make. This pisses me off, especially after seeing 2 of the 4 Cubune photos purposely showing the beams right in the middle of their shots.

dpbyron
04-09-2004, 01:05 PM
I'm sorry, but what a ****ing *****bag comment to make. This pisses me off, especially after seeing 2 of the 4 Cubune photos purposely showing the beams right in the middle of their shots.

Thats okay....

Mike Adamle..... He Gone!

Mark Malone is the new guy @ CBS 2

DrummerGeorgefan
04-09-2004, 01:09 PM
What's the big problem with obstructed view seats anyway. I've never bought into the whole idea that not having any was a good thing. So you lose 100 or less seats with good views. Not really a negative. For the aesthetics and that its worth it

bc2k
04-09-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

you're right cheeses, send that boner adamle back to american gladiators. haha, flub. laser tagged your ass backstage. Look at this guy's career (http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/PersonDetail/personid-88052).

mantis1212
04-09-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Brian26

LMAO!! nicely done

cheeses_h_rice
04-09-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by DrummerGeorgefan
What's the big problem with obstructed view seats anyway. I've never bought into the whole idea that not having any was a good thing. So you lose 100 or less seats with good views. Not really a negative. For the aesthetics and that its worth it

My point EXACTLY. The times that these few seats will actually be utilized will be incredibly rare as it is, the park looks great, yet the ****ing nitpicking jagbag media insists on getting its own passive-aggressive digs in -- motivated by what, I have no idea. If these are pro-Flub folks, that makes it doubly irritating, since Wrigley Field is chock-a-block with obstructed-view seats, including behind beams and that roof that overhangs so far.

Unreal.

RichFitztightly
04-09-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by thecell
How were you invited? DO you have season tickets?

I work there.

nitetrain8601
04-09-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by RichFitztightly
I work there.

Oh yea, I remember when I worked there. They have to give you the walk through of all the new things they have and if they moved the facilities just like at the UC. I hope you didn't have to go at night because it takes the longest at night. I remember getting home at 10 last year when it started at 5:30.

Over By There
04-09-2004, 04:57 PM

Much better than some of the crap seats I've unfortunately had to endure at "the Shrine." What a load of crap. :angry:

EDIT: I will say, though, that the park looks great! I can't wait for my first game to get out and see it firsthand.

SoxFan76
04-09-2004, 05:13 PM
O MY, there isn't a good seat at all in the Urinal!!! This is getting more and more ridiculous by the day.

cubhater
04-09-2004, 09:09 PM

It figures. I guess the Urinal doesn't have any obstucted seats.

Lip Man 1
04-09-2004, 09:43 PM
Just wondering.....

Is that the same Mark Malone who was perhaps the worst quarterback in NFL history? (ranking right up there with Mike Tomczak and Babe Laufenberg???) and who worked at ESPN?

Lip

Jerry_Manuel
04-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Just wondering.....

Is that the same Mark Malone who was perhaps the worst quarterback in NFL history? (ranking right up there with Mike Tomczak and Babe Laufenberg???) and who worked at ESPN?

Lip

Yes.

Paulwny
04-09-2004, 09:46 PM
Lip, good to see you back.

voodoochile
04-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by mweflen
batmanzoso,

I agree on the $5... but I can't say too much for fear of incurring moderator wrath :(:

Dumbass comments like this one will do the same thing. I am getting tired of defending the site to you. I have explained the sites position and been more than fair with you. I am starting to think Daver was right.

You want an argument, you got one. Figure it out quick, because you don't get another warning, period.

Lip Man 1
04-09-2004, 10:04 PM
Paulny:

Many thanks. My computer was upgraded and that caused my leave of absense. (Glad I wasn't here about five o' clock Monday!)

To celebrate I'll be setting up another interview this upcoming week. I have two choices in my mind among former Sox players.

Lip

OurBitchinMinny
04-09-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by ChisoxfaninMinny
Isnt the urinal full of obstructed view seats? In the first deck? **** em

Jjav edit: Please don't go around the swear filters. They are in place for a reason.

I actually didnt mean to type it that way. I mistyped and didnt check. Sorry though.

Fungo
04-10-2004, 11:53 AM
Below is a link to an article in today's NW Indiana newspaper, The Times. The author says the renovations look great, specifically mentioning the new look upper deck, the roof, the new tiers of the fan deck in centerfield and the new lights that 'look like something out of "The Natural" '.

Can't wait until opening day to see it.

Cell's new look is a winner (http://nwitimes.com/articles/2004/04/10/sports/sports_columnists/94aca64db703bc4286256e7200024607.txt)

TDog
04-10-2004, 01:47 PM

I thought the Chicago media types liked obstructed views.

StillMissOzzie
04-11-2004, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by dpbyron

Originally posted by Jerko
I'm sure I'll have much more fun at the Cell this year now that Gianpeckerhead said it looks nice. HE better stay out of the upper deck; the windburn he'll get won't mix with his year round fake tan; he'll be walking out of the place purple.

And I'm sure that the pretty boy Giangreco will ever see a game from anywhere else but the pressbox. He wouldn't want to risk messing up one of his Armani suits!

SMO