PDA

View Full Version : Yanks Fans = Annoying - and other observations (A recap)

Unregistered
04-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Not sure if this needs a whole new thread, but what the hell...

I was at the game today... Schoe had no control and he was getting hit pretty hard. Definately not fooling anyone. Coming away with only 3 runs given up seemed pretty lucky, IMO - especially after how the first inning started. However, If Schoenweiss can turn into one of those pitchers that just gives up a bunch of hits but manages to "luck" into only giving up a few runs, I'll take it. I also thought that Adkins looked pretty good in relief. Willie Harris looks more and more like Willie Mays Hayes every day. That pickoff just proves it. Vazquez did a good job of stopping the Sox O from getting any kind of momentum, but I still thought he was hittable.

The most irritating thing about this game? The moron Yankee faithful who kept saying "See this Ordonez guy? He'll be playing for us next year." Which would be a little less annoying if I hadn't overheard the same thing said about Giambi (when he was with the A's) during the ALDS a few years back.

Overall, not a big dissapointment - I came in thinking we would lose, but by a lot more. I even heard scattered claps when the Sox did something well, meaning I wasn't the only Sox fan in attendance. Naturally after the game, all the idiot fans started chanting "BOSTON SUCKS!" for some unexplained reason. Most of them probably didn't even notice who the Yankees were playing today.

SoxxoS
04-08-2004, 07:18 PM
I hate the Yankees-

And Willie does run like Mays, but he hits like ****.

HomeFish
04-08-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered

The most irritating thing about this game? The moron Yankee faithful who kept saying "See this Ordonez guy?

It's irritating because it's true.

RKMeibalane
04-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Did you have a chance to watch batting practice? How did the Sox hitters look? Obviously, they weren't too successful against Vasquez, but I'm curious to find how they look during workouts.

Unregistered
04-08-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Did you have a chance to watch batting practice? How did the Sox hitters look? Obviously, they weren't too successful against Vasquez, but I'm curious to find how they look during workouts. Didn't get a chance to watch BP - kind of on purpose. This being my 4th Yanks Opener in a row, I took my time getting there so to avoid all the dumb festivities. :D:

southsidegirl
04-08-2004, 09:03 PM
Wow, that's almost as bad as those White Sox fans. All they seem to think about is the Cubs loosing.

ChiWhiteSox1337
04-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Red Sox fans and yankee fans seem to have low attention spans. At Red Sox games vs teams other than the yankees, you'll hear a yankees suck chant every so often and vice versa for the yankees. At least the White Sox fans don't do that during sox games. Although, I do remembering people chanting cubs suck when you notice on the scoreboard that the cubs just blew a lead... :)

HomeFish
04-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
Red Sox fans and yankee fans seem to have low attention spans. At Red Sox games vs teams other than the yankees, you'll hear a yankees suck chant every so often and vice versa for the yankees. At least the White Sox fans don't do that during sox games. Although, I do remembering people chanting cubs suck when you notice on the scoreboard that the cubs just blew a lead...

Don't New England Patriot crowds also spontaneously break into "Yankees Suck"?

batmanZoSo
04-08-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish

I heard they do. Misplaced out-of-context chants are the sign of dejected, downtrodden fans with a collective inferiority complex...just like when Sox fans chant CUBS SUCK when we're playing Texas.

Railsplitter
04-08-2004, 10:01 PM
New Yorkers are pretty annoying even if they aren't Yankee fans.

santo=dorf
04-08-2004, 10:26 PM
You know, I wish when I am at USCF I could said, "Next year PLAYER X will be playing for us," instead of saying "I wonder how much JR will low ball Maggs."

hose
04-08-2004, 10:40 PM
The most irritating thing about this game? The moron Yankee faithful who kept saying "See this Ordonez guy? He'll be playing for us next year." Which would be a little less annoying if I hadn't overheard the same thing said about Giambi (when he was with the A's) during the ALDS a few years back.

I would think that KC fans taking in a Royal game at Yankee Stadium this year will be hearing the same thing about Carlos Beltran.

HE GONE.

pearso66
04-08-2004, 11:43 PM
I actually heard Sox fans chant Cleveland sucks at opening day a few years ago, they were playing Aneheim i think. But there was a guy wearing a Cleveland jersey sitting in the stands.

White_Sock
04-09-2004, 01:54 AM
Red Sox fans and yankee fans seem to have low attention spans. At Red Sox games vs teams other than the yankees, you'll hear a yankees suck chant every so often and vice versa for the yankees. At least the White Sox fans don't do that during sox games.

I was at a Red Sox-A's game last year for the ALDS at the Coluseum; and there were so many Red Sox fans in attendance that when they showed a commercial with Dereck Jeter in it on the jumbo-tron, the Red Sox fans were able to stir up a lasting "OVER - RAATED" cheer. It was quite comical.

DSpivack
04-09-2004, 08:43 AM
Reminds me of high school when, in our "modified" school fight song, we added "Cheer, Cheer, Beat New Trier" no matter who we were playing.

Paulwny
04-09-2004, 08:52 AM

Torre is a Maggs fan, I hope King George isn't.

jabrch
04-09-2004, 09:55 AM
The Yanks probably don't have a spot for Magglio. By all accounts, next year they are going hard after Beltran - Matsui, Beltran and Sheffield. I guess they could cut Bernie and have Magglio DH - but that seems unlikely. More likely they either have Bernie DH or have Giambi DH and get a new 1B.

davenicholson
04-09-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by HomeFish
Does anybody remember the Bears/Vikings game a few years ago in the Hump Dome in which Minnesota was just hammering Da Bearsss? Even on TV you could hear the chants of "Packers Suck" by the fourth quarter. Talk about disrespecting the opposition--doing a suck chant against a team that's not even there! :o:

Orta 4-6-3
04-09-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
New Yorkers are pretty annoying even if they aren't Yankee fans. :gulp: New Yorkers would be annoying even if there were no such thing as baseball.

iwannago
04-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Orta 4-6-3
:gulp: New Yorkers would be annoying even if there were no such thing as baseball.

That's not nice. What do you think the rest of the people of Illinois think about Chicagoans.

Unregistered
04-09-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Orta 4-6-3
:gulp: New Yorkers would be annoying even if there were no such thing as baseball. Yeah, that's true. Rooting for the Yankees just makes them even MORE annoying. :D: