PDA

View Full Version : Willie Harris Is Absolutely Useless!

quake
04-08-2004, 05:34 PM
Willie Harris is a joke. He needs to be released immediately. He can't hit major leage pitching. That was proven last year. His supporters claim the Sox need him because of his speed. What good is speed if you can't get on base. He gets on today and gets picked off (it was ruled as a caught stealing) with the big hitters up. Some speed, huh? He is the only guy on the team that I despise.

SoxxoS
04-08-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by quake
Willie Harris is a joke. He needs to be released immediately. He can't hit major leage pitching. That was proven last year. His supporters claim the Sox need him because of his speed. What good is speed if you can't get on base. He gets on today and gets picked off (it was ruled as a caught stealing) with the big hitters up. Some speed, huh? He is the only guy on the team that I despise.

We don't know if he has the skills, but he DEFINITELY does NOT have the mental approach to succeed in this league. He is like a faster, less talented version of D'Angelo Jimenez.

Randar68
04-08-2004, 05:37 PM
2 games...

He's been on base as many times as 5-million-dollar-jose.

:prozac

Randar68
04-08-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
less talented version of D'Angelo Jimenez.

Ahhh yes, the immortal "Human Brain Fart"

HomeFish
04-08-2004, 05:39 PM
Meanwhile, Jimenez continues to tear up the NL Central.

HITMEN OF 77
04-08-2004, 05:40 PM
I'm certainly dissapointed at WH start and seeing him get pciked off today just added to my dissapointment. I think if he hasn't turned it around by the end of May, we need to do something then.

harwar
04-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
2 games...

He's been on base as many times as 5-million-dollar-jose.

:prozac

I remember the day i heard about that signing and i thought it was a mistake,i mean Valentin is at the point of his carrer where he should be the left-hander coming off the bench.
We should have taken that money and used it to keep Gordon or Colon.

Randar68
04-08-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish

Yep, Mr. Pylon, one-dimensional as usual.

Randar68
04-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by harwar
I remember the day i heard about that signing and i thought it was a mistake,i mean Valentin is at the point of his carrer where he should be the left-hander coming off the bench.
We should have taken that money and used it to keep Gordon or Colon.

I agree. Especially with them acquiring Uribe. I'd rather see him play everyday at SS and have some sort of Bullpen than the mess we have now.

quake
04-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Randar:

Talk to me in a month, when Willie is hitting .147. I agree Jose is overpaid, but the Sox gave it to him. At least he can hit major league pitching. Jose against left handed pitchers is better then Harris overall. Jose is terrible against left handed pitching, but Harris is that much worse against everyone.

Randar68
04-08-2004, 05:46 PM
Randar:

Talk to me in a month, when Willie is hitting .147. I agree Jose is overpaid, but the Sox gave it to him. At least he can hit major league pitching. Jose against left handed pitchers is better then Harris overall. Jose is terrible against left handed pitching, but Harris is that much worse against everyone.

Huh? Where did I say Harris was going to hit .300 or anything of the sort. I'm just saying to settle the F*** down and stop pissing your pants at the first sign of trouble. How many hits does Crede have?

:chickenlittle

quake
04-08-2004, 05:49 PM
I am not pissing in my pants. I am not basing it on two games. I am basing it on last year too. Crede is going to be a good ball player. Harris is not. As I said earlier, Harris can't hit major league pitching. Case closed.

SoxxoS
04-08-2004, 05:53 PM
A)Comparing Crede and Harris is hilarious.

B)It's not two games. You are the one all about evaluating from past statistics...and I think he is hitting .210 with a .252 OBP in 328 at bats. It's not two games, its 138!

quake
04-08-2004, 05:57 PM
Soxxos:

I agree 100%. That is what I was telling Randar.

habibharu
04-08-2004, 05:58 PM
KW definintely has to find a 2b. in a trade, waiver wire, minors whatever. harris blow!

Hangar18
04-08-2004, 06:00 PM
I watched most of this game today, and you beat me to it.
Willie Harris does not Look Good At All. He looks very Overmatched, you can tell the way the Pitchers were going
right after him. He is easily the biggest hole in our lineup right now. Since Durham "left", this has been a big prob for the SOX. Willie Harris is a Good Bench Player to have, were thrusting him in the 2b Job to Justify the Durham "Trade".........

quake
04-08-2004, 06:01 PM
They need to let Uribe play everyday at second, at least he is a career .257 hitter.

quake
04-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Hangar:

You are right. He is the biggest hole in our lineup. That is not good news for us with him leading off. A leadoff hitter is so important. A leadoff hitter sets the stage for the big boys in the middle of the lineup.

joecrede
04-08-2004, 06:10 PM
The 2 thru 7 hitters were 4-for-21 with 0 Xbh.

Jerko
04-08-2004, 06:11 PM
If :gun and :hitless had a baby:

:weewillie

He gets his offense from Daddy Royce and his D from Mama Ramirez. Brutal.

Hangar18
04-08-2004, 06:13 PM
this lack of a Lead-Off hitter is going to SNOWBALL for the SOX and become a Real Problem (as if it wasnt already) very shortly.
We should make a bet here.......I'll bet the Flubbies get a leadoff hitter before we do :angry:

quake
04-08-2004, 06:14 PM
Very funny, H (Jerko).

Jerko
04-08-2004, 06:15 PM
I WAS gonna use Ronnie Woo Woo as the father but I don't want to get blamed for starting another Cub thread.

Jerko
04-08-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
The 2 thru 7 hitters were 4-for-21 with 0 Xbh.

Sox only had 3 hits today, and I know what you're sayin, but the 2 thru 7 hitters could have been 21-21 and none of them still would have driven in Harris.

quake
04-08-2004, 06:24 PM
Yes, Wille Harris being terrible has nothing to do with today's game and the others not hitting well today. Willie Harris was always terrible. He can't hit. If his best attribute is his speed, then he should be in track and field. His speed does nothing for the Sox if he can't get on base.

ChiSox7
04-08-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
Sox only had 3 hits today, and I know what you're sayin, but the 2 thru 7 hitters could have been 21-21 and none of them still would have driven in Harris.

ACTUALLY, Harris is one of the few people to get on base. He walked, but got on base none-the-less. More than you can say for most of the lineup.

quake
04-08-2004, 06:30 PM
yeah and then Harris got picked off so a lot good it did for him to get on base. once again, harris can't hit. it has nothing to do with today's game.

Randar68
04-08-2004, 06:44 PM
I am not pissing in my pants. I am not basing it on two games. I am basing it on last year too. Crede is going to be a good ball player. Harris is not. As I said earlier, Harris can't hit major league pitching. Case closed.

I am just saying that you picking Harris out as the scapegoat after 2 games would be absolutely hillarious if it weren't so damned stupid. Valentin has almost as many K's as PA's.

Randar68
04-08-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I watched most of this game today, and you beat me to it.
Willie Harris does not Look Good At All. He looks very Overmatched, you can tell the way the Pitchers were going
right after him. He is easily the biggest hole in our lineup right now. Since Durham "left", this has been a big prob for the SOX. Willie Harris is a Good Bench Player to have, were thrusting him in the 2b Job to Justify the Durham "Trade".........

Agree whole-heartedly. Which is why I loathe the fact that Valentin is #2 and Rowand is in CF. You're not going to turn Konerko or Rowand into Leadoff hitters or even competent #2 hitters!

CLee needs to be at #2 right now and we had all just better hope and pray that Jeremy Reed comes out of the gates hitting everything in sight for the next month or so and that whoever is at 2nd base on any given day at least makes a few things happen on the offensive end.

This team has much broader general issues than Willie Harris being singled-out.

RedPinStripes
04-08-2004, 06:49 PM
Crede dont have a hit Not 1 hit Oh ****! Cut him now! Send him to AAA! trade for a 3b! **** **** ****! What are we gonna do?

jackbrohamer
04-08-2004, 06:51 PM
I don't view Harris as a scapegoat, there were plenty of them Monday and today. Harris has never performed at a major league level, however, and he was handed the Sox starting 2B because he is cheaper than Durham and R. Alomar.

doublem23
04-08-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish

He's averaging a single a game. Hall of Fame bound?

hold2dibber
04-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by jackbrohamer
I don't view Harris as a scapegoat, there were plenty of them Monday and today. Harris has never performed at a major league level, however, and he was handed the Sox starting 2B because he is cheaper than Durham and R. Alomar.

And because KW traded away all of the organization depth at 2B (Miles, Hummel, Jimenez).

poorme
04-08-2004, 08:56 PM
I was in favor of giving Harris one last chance, but things aren't looking too good right now. We are screwed without any other (decent) options.

Daver
04-08-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

And because KW traded away all of the organization depth at 2B (Miles, Hummel, Jimenez).

Originally posted by poorme
I was in favor of giving Harris one last chance, but things aren't looking too good right now. We are screwed without any other (decent) options.

I'm glad you pointed out decent options,of which Miles,Hummel,and Jiminez were not.

RKMeibalane
04-08-2004, 09:50 PM
Why is Harris using a helmet with two ear-flaps? He looks like he's playing little league baseball.

Well, he is, but he could at least wear a normal batting helmet. Those other ones make players look like E.T.

BKozi
04-08-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Why is Harris using a helmet with two ear-flaps? He looks like he's playing little league baseball.

Well, he is, but he could at least wear a normal batting helmet. Those other ones make players look like E.T.

I was wondering about that myself. Perhaps it is so he can't hear any of the boos when he comes home to the Cell.

Frank the Tank
04-08-2004, 10:49 PM
It is kind of depressing knowing that affordable 2nd basemen we're available in FA. How in the world could KW have allowed Todd Walker to go the Cubs as a back-up when we had Willie Harris penciled in as our starter? :whiner:

SoxxoS
04-08-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Frank the Tank
It is kind of depressing knowing that affordable 2nd basemen we're available in FA. How in the world could KW have allowed Todd Walker to go the Cubs as a back-up when we had Willie Harris penciled in as our starter? :whiner:

Todd Walker's defense is horrible, but the difference between his bat and Willie's more than makes up for the defensive difference.

Jerko
04-08-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox7
ACTUALLY, Harris is one of the few people to get on base. He walked, but got on base none-the-less. More than you can say for most of the lineup.

This is funny. Everybody defending Harris says it's too early to judge him after 2 games, yet chastizes THE ENTIRE REST OF THE LINEUP for this ONE game. Ordonez and Lee were hitless today too, should we cut them? I mean Harris DID get on you know. And quit dissing Jimenez for his "single a game" pace; he IS doing that vs. the best staff ever don't forget.

SoxxoS
04-08-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
Ordonez and Lee were hitless today too, should we cut them? [/COLOR]

No, they are proven. Willie Harris has only proven he can't hit major league pitching.

Jerko
04-08-2004, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
No, they are proven. Willie Harris has only proven he can't hit major league pitching.

I know, that's what I meant. But it's always nice to hear it twice!

Lip Man 1
04-09-2004, 10:29 PM
Yea who needed Roberto Alomar anyway!

Lip